Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Envy, Chemdog Millionaire & Bud Bud Bling Tingz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls are looking good after yesterday`s tightening up of the structures....
    Chemdog-She`s sexy
    Bud Bud-Lifted the restraints on the left to favour growth that side as it hasn`t developed as well and I think that`s due to me having the pegs lower growth further than the right side. A week of growing should address this.
    Purple E-Looking like an ornamental shrub of Mikey Mouse.
    Canopies are still level however when I release the restraints after I have the rough lower width I want, they will rise 1-2" I would imagine and will be further along grow wise than may appear at this stage.
    oldjarhead100 Bud Bud & Chemdog have Delhi Friend as a parent and you can see her robust, sturdy nature reflected here. Very much like her, grow wise to pan out like this and take most things in her stride. Also, very little in nutes going in which is interesting but I`m re-using some old soil that may still have organic microbes active so that might explain why

Comment

Looking good my friend, as usual. Your pep talks with your girls is paying off, they are shaping up well.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Veg stage is my favourite. I know it sounds weird but I love it more than the flowering which just plods on. Vegging is like building something from Meccano for me. Really enjoy structuring and stuff. Perhaps I was one of those lads that made shapes of birds out of hedges or something, in a previous life.

I agree with you veg is growing and changes everyday bloom on the other hand just sits there lol ,so you are about where I screwed mine up I didn't top the ends of the main stems when they got out to the edges of the bag ,they grew but never stayed even and I havent had a chance to try again so here I am watching what you do like a hawk lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        No pressure then there mate

Morning....just a bit of tightening, levelling, etc. Compost tea feed planned for tomorrow.
      Bud Bud-(Pic 1) Growth from side nodes not as robust as other 3 sides. Lowered all growth around and slightly raised height of growth here to really push growth. Interesting grow. If I don`t stay on top of this or try to let it catch up then I`ll have more of a crescent shape grow height wise. That`s okay if it pans out like that but gonna try to get it symmetrical if poss. (Pics 2-3) after a tightening up, bit of structure and height adjustment. Doesn`t look like I did much and I didn`t, mainly height.
      Chemdog-(Pic 4) Before I did anything. (Pics 5-7) Support structure added, levelling of growths and starting to indentify which holes I want them to grow through for later airflow and light access. Very little nutes added but re-using a previous organic grow soil for all these vegging grows and the microbes seem active as the girls look so well. Feed tomorrow though just for the nitrogen.
      Purple E-The above 2 I have either grown before as in Bud Bud or because of their parent means that I roughly know what to expect. This lass is definitely a `better next grow` jobby. You need these first grows though to get a feel for next time. Reckon just 5 colas unless I top but she`d block other grows following so just going to see how and where she goes. Much slower and slightly less robust than others she still is enjoyable to grow. (Pic 8) Before. (Pic 9) After adjustments.
      (Pic 10)-Back row, left to right, Chem, Purple, Bud Bud. Bud Bud is on the right to really give a push to that left side growth by being nearest the light and slightly higher now.......

Comment

Looking great. Keep up the good work.
        My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
        My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
        My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
        My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          SovietStoner Cheers mate. Heat is building up again and this may slow growth again but hopefully flip soon and that this heatwave cools a bit. Like those lights you have on your youtube site. Mega thin. Were they expensive?

Nice garden.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          redbeard Thanks mate. Run a small veg tent which supplies a larger 12/12 one. Currently got cuttings throughout the house as well. Really enjoying growing at the moment

I tightened up the height levels on Bud Bud and Purple E. Below are pics of Chemdog before adjustment (Pic 1) and post adjustment (Pic 2)....All the girls are growing about 0.5 to 1" a day at the moment however with temps expected to soar again, reckon growth may slow again for a-whiles. Chemdog is 9" just from soil to tip and so, will allow her to almost double in height before lollypopping and a robust defoliation. You can`t beat a robust defoliation and the only lad I know that goes as brutal is oldjarhead100. Reckon another 7-8 days and she should be around 17-18" from soil and ready to flip. Like to work height around 32-34"s after stretch at the moment.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks alltatup melting today...phew. Mind you, saying that, prob a normal day down your ways. I`m definitely a cold climes lad though I like sunshine

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich You may be melting for other reasons--for ex., if you were some distant warlock relative to the witch in Wizard of Oz.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup Are you partaking of the goods?

Chemdog-Removed pegs holding stems in place. Height rose 2" immediately. Structured through support holes and pretty level. Single green `leg` added as a guide marker. Height is 14" from soil. Let growth go 3" above then flip around 17-18" (Pic 1)
        Bud Bud-Raised a few node growths higher than others to eek out a bit more growth for them to help structuring. Will release supports in a few days to allow further structuring through holes (Pic 2) Bit tilted in tray hence angle.

Comment

looking good Pagan I just topped one of mine to third node and tied it down
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Everyday seems to be a tightening day and growth is going well and the temps are coming down which means I can flip again soon, thank the gods.
          Chemdog....I reckon I may have only fed this lass 5 times if that and low feeds as well. Also, no fans in veg tent so the stockiness of the stems is very impressive considering and probably reflects the leisurely 2 months it`s taken to get here. She`s growing at least an inch a day, poss 1.5-2" even at the moment. Reckon 3-4 more days then severe defoliation/ lollypopping and then flip around 17-18". So Pic 1-2 post height re-adjustment & tightening. There`s 8 good stems there.
          Bud Bud-Pic 3 pre-tightening. Pic 4 Keeping the top level though releasing restraints and adjusting daily to achieve this...
          Forgot Purple E...Last plant pic and shows the same as above
          Last edited by PaganRich; 08-06-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            thats impressive very healthy

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 Reckon I can do this type of structuring within 7 weeks once weather cools. Very light feeds as well which is interesting

Nice nice . I'm right they with u rich. Veging and training is my favorite part. Too much of nothing to do in flower. I'm bout too finish up 3 autos that all decided to finish at different times. Got photo clones waitin to get In the big show. Will be 2nd round in my notill bed. Happy gardening

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            redbeard Did grow auto`s but I prefer photo`s for some reason. I also think growing auto`s is strangely harder but that could just be me though I have grown the red strain auto`s before and they were lovely to grow. I agree mate, totally, tis boring just watching them in flower. Like watching a field of wheat. Just sits there wafting around. No real challenge. Vegging is an art form if done right. Takes time though...reckon 7-8 weeks in veg tent usually. You?

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Good morning Mate, I veg my girls the same amount of time as the flowering period. If it says 8 weeks to flower, then I veg them 8 weeks.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish hey up mate. Like your thinking. I go for a slightly longer timescale but I run a perpetual harvest-think that`s what it`s called-and do different strains. So, for instance the chemdog`s got around 8 weeks flowering and I add a 4 week settle-in, stretch and double hardcore defoliation in there beforehand as well so I give a lass up to 12 weeks at 12/12. For Red Diesel I`d expect that to be around 10 weeks. I think that`s why we differ, strains. Mind you, that time frame is auto wonderland. I avoid Sativas cos of the lengthier time frame I believe...and height. Like to work around 32-36 inches and if all the girls work to that, them I have a roughly even growing canopy. Enjoyed hearing how you tackle your side mate, you never can get enough tips from other lads/ lasses growing so thank you, my friend, really useful. Hang loose

Bud Bud-Pic 1 before I adjusted heights coming on for just over a week before flip I would imagine. Pic 2 shows the lass after tightening and though messy, within an hour or two she will look like nought`s happened.
          Chemdog-She`s good to go flip wise. Pic 3 before anything. Height around 17inches from soil to tips. Pic 4-8 post lollypopping and hard defoliation. She will receive another robust defoliation in roughly 3 weeks and that`s it from now on apart from general maintenance, hopefully. After the 3 weeks defoliation I don`t remove any leaves that aren`t dead as a rule.
          Purple E-Not really a lot needed doing. Some smaller growth has risen up and I might leave to see how she pans out. Pic 9 before adjustments and Pic 10 after I used some ties to loop stems to frame to increase light and level some of the faster growing stems. Interesting grow with nothing taken as a given. I use ties here as the stems are bigger and easier for me to handle. Curse of the stubby fingers

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Chemdog looks cold to me!!!

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            She`s fine alltatup just a free spirited nudist locked in a pot

(Part 2)
          Pic 1- Chemdog all alone in the big tent but she`s got a 600 above, 2 fans wafting air around and I chucked on the dehumidifier to make sure it`s got a nice, low humidity. I always keep a dehumifier on if I possibly can regardless of the flowering stages of the girls as I ru perpetual harvest type grows
          Pic 2-Purple E has responded quickly to tightening.
          Pic 3-Bud Bud taking a bit longer but reckon 2 hrs and all the leaves will be happily bathing themselves.
          Height guide sticks aided to help me gauge height/ how much longer, etc. Reckon 7-8 days max before I flip these two as well...

Comment

Thought I`d add some pics to show how most girls usually respond very quickly after I chop and hack them. I am rough with them. I don`t mollycoddle them that`s for sure. Flora shieldmaidens they be at heart.
            Pic 1-Chemdog-Getting a lot of unimpeded airflow and she`s doing well considering the robust defoliation yesterday.
            Pic 2-Bud Bud-Little bit uneven but working on that with some adjustments. She`s stockier than Chemdog and a tad slower being now overtaken by Purple E
            Pic 3-Purple E-Again, bit unruly height wise but she`s really growing quickly now. Reckon 7 days then flip both Bud Bud and Purple.
            Pic 4-I love my little veg tent. It`s just the right size for me. Sits on a table near my main tent. I find the sound of the fans in the background very soothing.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              They look bloomin loverly!!

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              PaganRich, how's it hanging mate ? You got your plants looking very nice bro.

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Mellow mate, well mellow. Thanks, new strains are like opening the windows to air a dusty room. Tis good to do different strains periodically. Tempted by Barney`s LSD strain...looks well nice. Hope you`re mellow, mate

they recovered nicely

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X