Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    You'd have to put something in to get it to stick together. Coco just doesn't stick to itself very well. That is what makes transplanting such a challenge - especially from fabric - ESPECIALLY from the tiny fabric pots that I use to start... But they kicked butt in terms of plant growth and I feel confident transplanting - Maybe I'll do different things with different seeds for the challenge.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm yeah what about the blocker? Making coco blocks for starters 😉.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Ooooo.
    Lots of fun ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

I'm thinking maybe toilet paper rolls for Coco... Wonder how they'd hold up to all the water

• Chefbjy
    replied
    I was thinking of starting seeds using a garden hack to discourage transplant stress. Starting seedlings in lemon rinds. Maybe move up to a small melon rind and then final pot.
    Any one ever thought of trying that for autos before? This might be the best idea I've had and honestly think I will be doing this in soil grows from now on.

Here's a link among many I stumbled across. http://balconygardenweb.com/12-diy-s...r-and-quicker/

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    So, these are going to be Kind soil?

You are going to be an expert in all sorts of media! Will be interesting to get your impressions of the various differences.
    Unless they get intercepted, I bet you receive them in a week.
    My jealousy is growing

• Chefbjy
    replied
    E-mail recieved package shipped July 16th the latest recieve date. Still deliberating medium, training (fim or topping), and whether or not I should transplant. Most of these decisions will be made mostly on how they grow. I'm excited to start growing autos and curious if I'll come close to a photoperiod harvest. Almost ready to go and hope the return outweighs the investments.

Happy growing all!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the tip OJH. I'm not concerned with how much the cost of the soil is. But 20g nice 😆. I'll look into green fields.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    Chefbjy I used kind soil for my Autos then I tried root organic green fields there version of super soil at $14 I got almost 15 gallons of dirt ,I did 2 plants same strain just one with kind and one with RO the weight difference when all dried and cured was within 20 grams , I'll let you figure the rest lol just sharing

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Okay so I've decided on the strains for the shop. My wife is excited about me getting this going because the tent takes up to much room even though I downgraded to 4x4. Order placed for autos including exp gg#4 auto x3 skywalker auto by mephisto x3 and blue cheese auto Barney's farms x3. Got some free fem seeds with order 3 mamma mia seedsman and 3 Barney's farms peyote critical that I will probably hold onto for a bit maybe do those in winter when the tent opens up.

All I have to do is install my ac unit and add a light then I should be good to go. My power bill is going to be kinda crazy these next few months I'll have to keep an eye on it. The ac is needed since I'm running lights at night on 18/6 and temps climb in the shop to almost 90f with lights off when it's 80f outside. Can't set up co2 just yet.

Still haven't decided on my medium but leaning towards kind soil just so I don't have to add any nutes and make this grow as simple as possible since I'll have other projects at the same time. I'll be making other adjustments in the future for femenised photos but thought I'd go this route to avoid light contamination from messing this up for me. I'll just have to compensate for heat with lights on 20/4 schedule.

As soon as my seeds arrive I'll have everything figured out and dialed in. And will begin germination very soon. Here's some pics of what I purchased.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Landlord lives right behind me. Always driving by. I'm going to have to cover a window. Glad I have some boxes laying around. 😉

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    nice nice couple of boxes in front and poof its gone

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good... I like it
    How often does the landlord come around?
    We had a plumbing issue the other day and the landlord almost came over! I too am looking forward to owning and setting up properly

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Well my measurement increased to 9x6 so far so good. Temps and humidity have been perfect and I took some preventive measures for keeping bugs out. Can't figure out where they are coming from but seeing less and less since I've been taking precautions.
    Plugged up some light leaks with handy cardboard so I'm good to flower in there now. Have had some cool temps at night but with lights on it's fine and I ran a radiator heater on there with lights out temps a little cooler then I want but weather is changing and it won't be a concern much longer. I'll figure that out when the time comes.

Spent $30 a roll x2 on the bug screen worth it to keep things clear of infestations. Don't know if I need both but I can use it elsewhere eventually I'm sure. That was my biggest concern anyway.
    I can pick up a fan wholesale from an electrician friend to vent some heat but don't think it will be needed. Humidity due to transpiration might be a concern for flowering but it's 50% and expect it not to get too high. I've brought it down by opening up the door to 36%. But only one plant a couple seedlings and 3 clones I'll keep it as high as I can for now. I'm sure I can keep it down to 50% when the time comes. Cooling it with ac will help tremendously in that aspect.

Things are coming together just finishing up with the screen. See if I need to make anymore adjustments before I start the mama mias. I don't want to run into any snags midgrow because of my environment. Put a lot of thought into this and would like to expand the grow space a bit but the cost of lighting would certainly put up a flag. Just going to go with my leagal amount of plants for now. Being leagal doesn't mean the landlord would approve but I'm within my right and limits from schools or parks. On private property off of the county road it's a great property to cultivate. I wish they would just sell it to me so I could go about my buisness. Few pics.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard good things about the strain. I'm wishing I would have gotten this shop up and running a while ago would have saved me 180$.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Ojh. Most of the equipment can fit outside the room. And I still have material if I need an extension. The only equipment inside will be fans and lights.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X