Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redwasp
    replied
    And yeah I shut down my first tent today. Hopefully all will be down in 2 weeks. Then a brief break. Well ill have babies coming up but they live in my bedroom. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    replied
    I wait till you see root tips come out the bottom. Get rapid rooters next time.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Forgot pic.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Never used these jiffy pellets before. Somehow one of the blue cheese found it's way to the very bottom of the pellet but looks like it's trying to root so I just loosened up the pellet so it didn't have to fight through it. The other blue cheese has a tap root but can't seem to shed the husk of the seed. Not sure if I should try to remove it or place a little wet soil on top to moisten it up.

Not sure if I should plant them in pots or let them grow some roots before potting. They're not really taking off in the pellets like I assumed they would. Seemed like I had ones take off faster with the paper towel to solo cups.

Wife wants me just to get a new tent for these and close the shop down till we can get everything installed. This will save a bit of money for now. But makes my title misleading, and previous posts irrelevant.

Any thoughts as to potting now, and trying to remove the shell??

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Campesino I did find one seed but idk if I had a stoner moment or what but I could only find one seed just barely poking out its head. Hopefully it will sprout just waiting on the blue cheese. Think I'll only get one probably will start germinating the last blue cheese soon.

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Waking up to new beans and favorable weather makes my day. Don't think the weather will be much of a big deal but mother nature has been bipolar this year. Never know when there will be a heat wave. Going to home depot later to grab an exhaust for the shop though. Just got to figure out how/where to tie it in. Going to get it up and running soon as the girls are ready. 😃.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    3 more beans popped there heads up while I slept. Just waiting on the blue cheese now.

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    replied
    I always start in i think rapid rooters? Shit its 4am but pretty sure thats what they are called. Ive gotten pretty much 100%. Had a few die after they germinate, or maybe I killed them, but you should be good. I order 100 rapid rooters at a time and keep them in the fridge in a sealed bag, same lower drawer as my seeds. Let me know how that soil goes. I am a few days away from starting some new seeds. Want to test some other things. I have more now than I can ever use so just gonna play this grow.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    One gg#4 poking it's head out...waiting on 5 more beans to pop. This is a quicker strain then the rest already coming out ahead. I hope these other beans pop.... I usually do the paper towel method for germination. I've had good success that way. Still got one of each strain but I'll give it another day or 2.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    So kind soil was a stretch for me and I couldn't find coco loco in 5different shops. My go to store is getting in some green fields and I may give that a go. So for now I'm going to use roots organics original and pick up some green fields when they get it in. Just waiting on some heads to pop and wanted to address my media situation. Which has been my toughest desicion yet. I wasn't sure what I wanted to grow in and this fell into my lap after searching all day. First time using this germination method and I'm skeptical for some reason.... I hope they pop soon 😉.

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to have you aboard. I have had great success transplanting too and use that to my advantage. Plants just grow faster in smaller pots. 😉

• Californiakid
    replied
    Subbed !

I have transplanted and put seeds in final pots. I grow in soil and when done effectively I have had similar results.
    I don't have problems transplanting, in fact I pride myself on my no shock transplant, but my time is very limited in summer(70 hour work weeks). So often straight in the final home. When I water, I use a spray bottle and spray just enough.

I love to watch everyone build up their grow and expand. I have to admit I admire everyone's resources. I get excited to see people getting it "right".

I am blessed with a big family, so my grow is very slow to expand. Lol But I take notes from the all-star team here 👍
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Yes they are all autos 55-58days for gg#4. 60-65 days for blue cheese and 70-75 days for skywalker. The gg#4 didn't have the height spec. Since it's an auto I'm thinking 3foot but I'm prepared for bigger 😆.

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Seeds have arrived 2 of each strain went straight into jiffy pellets. The heat maybe rough but going to get a new ac unit for the house so I don't have to use the wall bangers which gives me ac in the shop now. Still think I should slap some insulation in but going to roll with it for now.

Might just get another tent hood and light for my b day...asking for an advance on gifts 😆. It's only 1.5 months early 😉. Probably going to regret taking on a bigger workload with this grow spilling into dhgc. And still have to get a drip system set up.

I will be using coco loco for this grow along with nutes Vegamatrix in 7 gallon fabric pots. Plan is to transplant one time from pellets to 1gallon to 5gallon. I know they say you should start autos in final containers to avoid transplant shock. But I'm really confident about transplanting and have gotten pretty good at it. More details to come...tbc. ✌

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    Shop grow has become a summer nightmare. I'm afraid I have to insulate it before I can run my ac in there. It's too hot so thinking of just moving into another tent. I will be using the space eventually but just not this summer.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X