Auto trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto trimmer

Hey everyone! I received my auto trimmer in the mail today! I'm extremely excited to use it, especially because the bubba kush looks an awful lot like the blue dream did at that stage, and I know how many hours this will save me!

I'll post pics of how the bud looks when its trimmed using one of these, along with the trim in the bowl to give everyone a sense of how much you might lose. I don't believe you lose a significant amount, but I know people that won't use them because they think it is significant.

For those who haven't heard of these, you put the bud on the grate, put the top on and spin the handle. This causes the rubber arms to push the bud across the grate, and there is a blade underneath the grate that spins and cuts the sugar leaves.

Anyway here it is!

$106 after shipping and taxes
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Been interested in these since ojh posted his. Looking forward to your review!
    My first grow

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! I forgot that ojh had one lol.

I have seen a fancy commercial electric version but never one for home use. Video or even just an animated gif would be most welcome.
    Cool appliance!

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I would do a video on here but it doesn't support the videos from my phone. Maybe I'll make a quick YouTube video when I'm trimming and post that link here!

Can’t wait to hear your review. Manufacturer?
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      The site was zenhydro, and the brand is ipower. It was the first one to pop up on Google when searching "auto trimmer weed"

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was looking at that one on amazon.

I can tell you the ones that got through those are far prettier. But a bit lighter. But as long as you know what to do with your trim your golden either way.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I definitely have plans for my trim! Dry ice hash and moon rocks :-)

Then your in for some beautiful buds.

Comment

Yes oldjarhead100 loooooooooves his bud trimmer!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I Dooooooooo did you get the net dryer as well

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        I did not ojh. I plan on using a window screen to lay them out on. That's how my buddy did it back in the day when he was growing.

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Ended up getting a dry rack on Amazon. Well worth the $20!

I really love to trim bud manually, but then my harvest is always relatively small, so I can get it done in a day. I think of it as part of the reward of finishing and harvesting. Just to be holding the colas, seeing my beautiful buds up close and personal, getting the delicious aromas and the sticky icky on my fingers--I enjoy the experience. It's the first time I get to touch the buds, and I love the tactile contact with my plants.

But I understand that it's different when you're growing and harvesting pounds of cannabis...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Maybe one day I'll be harvesting pounds! Today is definitely not that day though lol

I love it too. Put in a Movie, grab a pipe, grab a beer and enjoy the smell. After my wife says i fall asleep smelling my hands. Lmao

Comment

So I was able to use my trimmer this morning and it worked great! The bubba kush I took down was very comparable to the blue dream I took in my last grow that took 7 hours to trim. Using the auto trimmer I was finished in an hour and a half, including cleanup!

All you have to do is cut off the big fan leaves that are sticking out from the bud, snip the bud off the stem, and throw it in the auto trimmer and spin away!

I will say that I didn't trim it as close as I could have because I didn't want to end up losing too much bud. I could have spun the buds more for a closer cut, but those sugar leaves will curl right up into the bud.

It's all hanging in the drying rack now, and it looks like I might have less than I did with the blue dream, even though I can almost guarantee the bubba out produced the blue dream based on the size of the buds. However, I'm not good at guessing how much I got when they are drying in this manner because it looks quite different than hanging them from the branch lol. I'll post my weight when it's all dry though!

Heres the pics to get a rough idea of how it works!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Mcubed, the buds on the pans look fantastic!!

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Atu! I can't wait to smoke them up! Once they are dry of course lol

Pretty buds !
        I dig the spinner too .
        I'm torn between the time saved and the interaction of manually trimming. Who am I kidding ? I need one of those!
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the kind words! Before you rush off to get one, wait until I have my numbers for my final dry weight. I almost guarantee that plant had more bud than the blue dream, so if it's not close to or more, then maybe it chewed up more bud than I anticipated.

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a friend who grows a lot of outdoor. He loves his. He says one full turn of the handle in one direction, then one to one and a half turns the other direction is plenty.
          Perhaps 2 turns in each direction. Point being, don't overwork the bud.

Does your blades cut both directions?

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Damn, I should have tried that first lol. I gave her a good 20 spins per fill lol. Yes, my blade spins either way. Comes in handy! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it next time!

Well this grow I might not mind losing some to making well other really good stuff.

Comment

Anyone care to speculate on which leaf bowl trimmer is best. The ipower is $252 Ca on amazon thats a bit pricey and doesnt have great reviews online.
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            I don't think my buddy's was ipower, but his seemed to work the same way mine does, quality speaking. Mine was off of zenhydro's website.

• Drekthar
            Drekthar commented
            Editing a comment
            the reviews on zenhydro weren't very good either. but since this is my first grow and only 2 plants i will put myself through the manual trim process and see how it goes. ty

I weighed my bubba that's drying just now, and got 163.4g. They dry out quite a bit faster off of the stem so she is almost done drying. If I lose 10% to water weight, I'll be at just under 150g. I'll weigh it up again before it goes into the jars. Looking like I'll be smoking on the bubba for a while, and I like the sound of that!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

ok Mccubed a couple of things I never noticed a loss in bud weight from spinning it although its possible ,if I trim of all the fans and then spin it I give it 20 spins if I leave a ton of stuff on it then I give it 30 spins

If you want to trim in both directions then you will have to hand sharpen the back side I don't believe they are sharpened on both sides ,they spin so fast it will cut some anyways

this is the best part take a heavy duty heat gun and warm the outside of the bowl and scrap the inside with a credit card or a good scraper if you have one but all that resen on the bowl is fantastic stuff ,you need to let it get really covered before you do it works better
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Doubledealing72
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for all the tips ojh! I believe my blade is sharp on both sides, so spinning one way or the other isn't an issue. I love the heat gun idea! Once I've used it on a few plants I will try that. Do you have a recommendation for a heat gun? I do not have one lol.

I weighed the bud early this morning and she was at 163g. She has to dry out a little more still, but I'm thinking I won't lose more than 10% of that total. So you are correct, I don't think I lost as much bud as I thought. Maybe a qtr at the most.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X