No announcement yet.

First grow, Bluecheese fem ! newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing she’s at a good size I would give her a real watering. Till 20% run off. Those leaves will perk right up.

Comment

• fwril
      fwril commented
      Editing a comment
      I decided to take your advice and the effect was astounding

• Inuart88
      Inuart88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Figured it would be I do know why I’m doing I started coming around these parts over a year ago and I started 4 seeds with 4 CFLs. Come a long way. 😁 glad it helped those girls were big I would also start with seedling / early veg nutes. I have done so much research 100 of hours. I had also had some failures and some wins over the last year this grow is my 8th so far or 9th. I also do 24 clones every time so I have a lot of test girls. Every failure is a way learned not to do something.
      Last edited by Inuart88; 05-13-2018, 10:10 AM.

Hey fwril, looks like they are doing ok, if they were mine ,I'd just give her a couple of cups a water, until they are larger, being they are in soil, before I started to water to run-off. They are still kinda small.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Looking Great there

Comment

On the 11th I decided it was time for the first full watering, full strength nutrients to 20% run off.

Dear lord these things took off like rockets. I'm fairly certain you can watch them grow in real time.

Have noticed a slight smell now too.

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking great I just transplanted 24 clones. They are pointing towards the light today happy ladies. Glad you did the nutes too they will love it. You have the right way now you know when to add full watering and nute I would of added earlier though in my opinion. They have been big enough for awhile.

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Are these about a month old in these pics?

Toped 3 of the plants yesterday. It seems odd how that will help but seems to be the thing to do.
        One plant I'm not going to top. My plan is to simply train it by bending the top down to get it to grow around the pot. I'm interested to see how well that works.

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you top just above the 3rd node?

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          The main stem normally grows the best looking buds, and the side branches don't seem to be as great. By topping it, you are breaking that dominance of one main cola, and creating 2 main colas.

I believe this also helps bulk up the nugs on the side branches. Not positive though.

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup; I know why it's done.

Yes they were cut at the 3rd node

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          I mainlined one of mine today, which is topping at the same place you did yours. Then I removed all growth below the 3rd node. I did leave the fan leaves attached at the 3rd node. 1st time doing this. It's a little scary removing almost all the growth after over a month of growth.

Plants really seem to want to stay short and bush, did a some trimming today. Cut off the lower nodes following the main lineing method sorta. I'm just going with my gut that takeing the lower parts of the plant that are getting little to no light will help with growth.

Have noticed leafs are dark looking so I have cut back the nutrients.

One plant I'm letting go wild just to see what it's going to be like only training it by bending it over. It's a real bush..

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOVE the thermometer 🌡 you have lol I got the same one the magnet down the middle = perfect for a tent pole they had the tent grower In mind when they made it.

Hey Fwril, looking good man, bending them over is a great way to get a bunch of big colas, plus it doesn't even slow them down any if your careful.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Looking good so far! I would just make sure the bushy one doesn't get wet between the leaves that are touching each other. That tends to happen when they lay on each other, and I believe it can leave to white powdery mildew if left alone. But looking good overall!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Looking real good there, keep us updated

Comment

Did another session of lst everything is doing well. One plant is definitely different than the others. It's wanting to be tall and spread out. The other plants are staying short and bushy.
              I'm not really sure how much longer / bigger the plants need to be before I switch the light to 12/12 anyone have a suggestion?

Comment

Just a quick picture with the lights on plants in there full glory. Did notice something with my largest plant if you look at the 2nd photo it has non symmetrical growth. Every stem is this way found that to be interesting

Comment

Haircut and a little lst today

Comment

I have gotten a second light, it's is a viraspectra 600w led. So I know have two 600w lights in my 5x5 tent. I think this will help out alot I was having to crowd my plants together to keep them under the 1 light.
                    Also gave my final feeding befibe the switch to 12/12 fed 10ml of Bio roots,5ml of calmag and 2.5 ml of Bio weed (seaweed extraxt). 1 gallon per plant in 5gal pots
                    All these are low on the nitrogen plants don't seem to need any more N. I think the soil mix I have is very high in N. Was a organic soil potting mix from Wally world. Seems to work really well plants have not really had any issue other than slight nitrogen toxicity from me over feeding them.
                    I have been watering once a week with PhD pond water so this may be adding to the soil as well hard to tell what all is in the water but I know the pond is healthy and teaming with life.
                    LST is coming along nicely. Plants are getting to be wide and flat. Do have one that's a few inches taller than the others but all are still relatively short and wide.
                    Trimmed a few leaves to expose the center of the plants to light

Comment

Day 61/day 4 flower
                      Sitting out on my hammock enjoying the nice weather
                      today.
                      since my last post I have made the switch to 12/12 it has been 4 days so far. No pistls yet but they will come.
                      Had some pH issues but I think I have that cleared up. Did a flush then a feeding of just calmag. All new growth is looking ok and the spots have stopped spreading.
                      Had to get me a digital pH pen. My nutes really just darkened the water too much to tell with drops.

I know everyone loves the purple pictures 🤣 so I tried to get some natural light photos. Kinda dark though.

Also a bud picture from the Waist Deep auto that's in the tent. It's a good looking bud but man the plants is tiny. Its trying hard at about 1 ft tall though not much is going to come from it.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Looking nice Fwril, want be to long and you will be smoking some good bud.

• Doubledealing72
                        Doubledealing72 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your plants are looking healthy! The auto could be small for a few reasons. They like more light than photos (I run my lights 24/7 through the whole grow). It could also be just the genetics of the strain, or even the particular seed itself. Whatever the reason, it's a bummer when they come out smaller than anticipated. Everything seems to be looking good for you though!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X