First grow, Bluecheese fem ! newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, Bluecheese fem ! newbie!

Hello all, First grow ever here. I'm hoping to keep a journal to share with you all. My setup is a 5x5x8 grow tent that is in a outdoor building. No temp control in the building but I do have a way to heat the tent. Light .is a 600w morsen led with veg and bloom switch. Plants are in 5 gal smart pots with organic putting soil. I have the organic go box nutes that I will be using.

Seeds where planted 1 week ago directly into the soil. All have since sprouted and are working on there first set of leaves. All going well so far.

Congrats on your new babies! Welcome to the forum. Great start - do not over water - and have fun!
    And just keep posting on this same thread - easier to follow your progress.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yo!

I'm new here too and working on my first solo grow as well. Good Luck!
      Current Grow
      Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• fwril
        fwril commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck

Time for the nightly checkup of the girls. I'm kinda crazy check on them two times a day.

​​​​​​Overall I'm happy with how it looks. Watered approx one cup of straight pond water per plant just in a circle around them. Soil was getting rather dry.

Do you all have any opinions on giving pond water instead of tap water?

Also plants seem a bit on the tall side at 2" at one week. Have my light at 18"

Comment

Take a random ph test of water it’s easy to do with ph strips from a pet store with fish. To grow mj good ph should b 6.5 so as not to lockout any nutes. Your plants seem to b stretching a bit lower lights to prevent from getting to tall and falling over. Lot of luck

Comment

Took the advice and lowered my light down a little.
          No major watering for the big girls. I do have some waiste deep autos Im going to put outdoors when it warm

One has some drooping on the first two leaves.
          anyone have a opinion on what's causing that.
          I'm thinking not enough water or too much light. Moved them away from the light a good bit.

Pictures attached.

Think I will give first feeding of nutes this Monday to the big girls

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Your girls are looking good so far! I don't really see any drooping on any, maybe just a tad on the smallest one. That's not something I would worry about too much. I'm excited to see how they turn out, I love blue cheese!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Morning fwril, , welcome to GWE, plenty of great help on here if you ever need any. Got any pictures of your big girls ?
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• fwril
                fwril commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 2 separate grows started here. My blue cheese and some waiste deep autos. Only a few days appart. The wd are not mine a friend's just giving them a start for him.

Girls are looking good. Was looking back I put the seeds in the ground on the 10th sprouted after 3 days so 10 days of growth. Seem like they are on track to me.

Did my first feeding today 1/2 strength nutes according to feeding schedule 1 cup each plant. Picture of nutes schedule posted.

Enjoy and please any advice welcome.

Comment

Start of week 2 veg,
                Everything seems to be going swimmingly so far. Nock on wood there I'm sure the train will go off the tracks at some point.
                Upped the nutes to 5ml per gallon on week one schedule. Will see if they like them a little stronger.

After​​After much reading it seems that the organic go box nutes are rather forgiving when it comes to nutruenn burn.

Nutrients are Bio marien, Bio weed, calmag, Bio roots, diamond black all very smelly.

Fun side note never have smoked before this is for the wife. Too much risk to the job to do it for me.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see a smiley face in one of those pics lol. Plants are looking good!

See what you mean mcubed467 wasn't palned though

Comment

Quick question, plants are getting top heavy, probably due to light being too high first few days had a bit of a stretch. I have room for more soil if I bury the stems will this hurt my plants?

I am concerned with stem rot.

Have plant ties holding them now
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by fwril; 05-06-2018, 02:35 AM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

I don't think it would hurt the plant to do that, but you could also support the stem with something like a toothpick or maybe something more solid than that to support it.
                    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Start of week 3
                      Added some dirt to help support the plants.
                      Plants are responding well to nutrients so I have upped to 10ml per gallon. Will be topping next week probably and starting lst.
                      Watering I'm taking a wild guess. Up to this point plants have taken very little water but seem to be doing well have started to water more as of today.

Comment

Following.
                        AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
                        Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
                        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
                        4' x 4' grow tent
                        6" inline exhaust system
                        Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X