• Show
Clear All

Here's the dgth
    1 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from ‘darkghosttrainhaze’ hashtag
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice I couldn't find any one growing DARK gth.

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer, i was hoping this dude would have come hung out by now... if you're here, show yourself! so many questions about the dgth!! lol

Chefbjy
    Campesino

I don't know if I can make it. Still haven't bought seeds and I can't afford it. Anyone else in western Oregon bought already? Perhaps we can meet up soon, I gotta drive to PDX and back this week. If I can't buy then I'm out, perhaps I can be a judge/ committee-member, sorry Campesino, luv ya bro

Comment

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      PM me if you wanna figure out. I got lots of usable product I can trade/ send for some seeds all! Not officially or anything...

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in WA my gc are spoken for I'm doing 2of each hoping they pop the 1st go. I did a 5 pack and one was cracked. Never got my replacement seed even though it was sent and said so on my account.

hey King kush I am planing on growing 4 and 4 I thought I bought 10 dgth but I only got 6 .The way I like to do it is start all the seeds then use the best 4 for this challenge I can get away with 5 seeds so that leaves 1 extra that you can have.if there is 3 others that have 1 seed then you are all set for the dgth

Just an Idea PM me with info if you want it
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check mine too, I think I got 6 and was only planning to run 2 and 2 for the challenge... keep me inthe PM loop

forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/226975-dark-harvest-grow-challenge-trichomefarmer88

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ???????? remember an old jar head is slow sometimes lol

The condensed version :

1) 2 Dark Ghost Train, 1 Gorilla Cookies

2) My room is a room in a garage. 4'x4'x8'

3) Currently I'm running Kind led bars 3-3' for a total of 106w. If things go as planned, I will be running a 600w hid for the whole grow with led supplement during flower. Seedlings and veg will likely be mh, flower will be hps.

4) 1dgt and 1gc will be in roots organic over kind soil.
    1dgt coco &perlite

5) 5gal fabric pots (possibly switching to 7gal) I plant seeds directly in final pots.

6) Kind soil has it all. I still feed the microbes teas.
    Nutrients for coco, to be determined.

7) My experience ?...I've been around gardening my whole life. I've grown cannabis a few times under the sun. And a few more under lights. But growing cannabis is in my blood. My family has been for generations.

I grow with the intention of growing the cleanest, most potent bud I can get. I'm in constant pursuit of safer more natural ways to improve my grow.

I grow for all around remedy. Which I know every bit of what went into it.

Originally this challenge was going to see what my 106w would produce compared to everyone else's big setups. Now this is a challenge to take my grow to the next level.

​​​​​​​Thanks for organizing this, I love a challenge !
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	227290Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	227291 This is a record for me...from order to seeds in hand,

8 days! One day was Sunday ! And I got the original packaging ! Super stoked, everthing seems to be coming together for this challenge.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow that is a record ,I grew some of that lsd25 last summer and on its final container beside its name is oh my my my . My personal rating system 1 oh my its good 2 oh mys its really good and 3 mys its incredable I think you will like it lol

My mind changes a lot 😆 I'll give Campesino my info. Some changes have occured and think it's finalized 😉 this will be fun.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Lol ojh. My brother-in-law stopped by. Gave him some White Widow. He then asked if he could have a sandwich. I came back and he is sprawled out on the couch. Lmao

Comment

Less than a month 21 days and counting ya baby
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

sucks man i hate being so financially unstable its always something else.. i have so much shit that i need to take care of instead of buying seeds but its an investment in the long run itll pay off ima try to go to the bank today or monday to get it deposited and then make my order i really want to get in on this!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              only thing keeping you out is air and opportunity as we used to say in other words if you want to do it do it would love to have you Freddyyola

I have been doing math every time I go down cellar the bloom room is at 3 to 4 weeks these are 8 to 10 week plants so minimum of 6 weeks, its July 21 we drop seeds on Aug 11th 4 weeks from there is Sept 11th 8 weeks from today is Sept 15 so I should be good if I dont f them up again lol

Comment

Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim
              1. Number of Plants planned of each strain:
                • Tent 1: 2&2
                • Tent 2: 1&1
              2. Describe Grow Space
                • Tent 1: 3x4x8
                • Tent 2: 4x4x8
              3. Lights
                1. for seedlings:
                  • 450W Viparspectra Dimmable LED (60/0)
                2. for Veg
                3. for Flowering
              4. Medium
                • #diyrdwc
                  • Tent 1: 4-bucket diy recirculating dwc
                  • Tent 2: customizable diy recirculating dwc (TBD)
              5. Discuss containers
                • Tent 1: 4x5gal Lowes buckets - blacked out, 1x13gal reservoir, diy "chiller" (frozen water in 2L bottles, lol)
                • Tent 2: TBD
              6. Nutrients and Supplements
              7. Describe your Experience and Background
                • Experience: I have 1 grow under my belt. Nirvana Superskunk photo, 49 days veg, 49 days flower. 2.3 oz (had a space heater issue that toasted a good portion of the plant during flowering )
                • Background: That said, farmerjim is actually a homage to my grandfather, Jim, who was... a farmer. When I was little (like, 2-8) my mom would drop me off there while she went to work and I would "work the stand" and occasionally get to weed (not the good kind) at the farm. Hoping the name will help channel the green thumb skills that are in the family lines!
              1. What is your “Grow Philosophy”? "Holy shit - I didn't kill it and it works!" - clearly hoping to expand upon the philosophy as I continue to learn lol
              2. Why do you grow Cannabis? Friends pioneering the way in the industry... why can't I be a part of history too?
              3. What interests you most about the challenge? Stealing shamelessly... ie benefitting from the strain-research of others ... getting to benchmark my setup and process against that of others... the overall amount of KNOWLEDGE I will have gained after participating. I can't believe how much I've learned already and all we've really done is talk about how many days are left til GERMINATION DAY!! lolol... friendships with like-minded folks
              Last edited by farmerjim; 07-21-2018, 11:49 AM.
              What is VPD?
              diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
              • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
              • #diyrdwc

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                You go Farmerjim. Dont discount those years of watching the real farmers grow. If I could grow Like my Papa could I would be 5 times the man I am now.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                My mom was a hell of a gardener I have a couple of pictures of one of her harvests ,Unfortunately she crossed right after I got home from the Corps, so most of what I do is from trial and error .really nice write up FJ and now when we say your name your grandfather will be remembered and honored

• farmerjim
                farmerjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Redwasp & oldjarhead100! You guys rule

Campesino ...

Getting a bit nerdy again! Basically decided to finally pull together all the data my Guardian and SensorPush sensors have been logging...
              What is VPD?
              diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
              • #diyrdwc

Comment

• farmerjim
                farmerjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally! looking to flip that chart around in the dark harvest! I never would have thought to keep rH in the 70s but my temps have been upwards of 84

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                very interesting something I will put on my wish list .what is the whole name of the Gaurdian please

Bluelab Guardian with Connect is the one I have... its pretty pricey but I love the instant readings, and, of course, its ability to log data to your computer wirelessly ...
              What is VPD?
              diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
              • #diyrdwc

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks FJ I think I need to get though one successful grow in the new room before I spend to much more lol

• farmerjim
                farmerjim commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll keep you posted if I find anything similar that is cheaper. To be totally honest, I was thinking that it really wasn't worth it during my first grow bc I was more concerned with pH which stays relatively stable once set. I do, however, like the conductivity measurements more and more.

I realized something yesterday I won't be using the auto feed for the challenge , the nutrients I use are age old organics I dont think they can be used in a tank over a week or so because they are organic., Still setting up the drain shop vac sucks literally

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                GreenhouseEffect commented
                Editing a comment
                Could possibly use that air pump you got, as a bubbler, if you don't need it some place else? It looked like a similar size to the one I got bubbling my 80 gal of worm casting tea, works great, just tossed that fancy manifold thing into the water attached to the end of tubing the tubing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X