Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    I just don't want to sound over excited about sprouts 😆. They've been taking off so fast I'm eager to share 😉. I was comparing pics from yesterday to just this morning and it's outstanding. I think my Skywalker auto it's getting left in the dust and she's around 5 days older. But she's been getting 24/7 light untill recently so we'll see if she can keep up 😆.

• Californiakid
    replied
    Enjoying being able to compare progress.

Leave a comment:

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    I've been trying to be picture heavy on this thread but include more commentary in mine... people like pics. I've been trying to post similar pictures when others post theirs to try and get a close comparison agewise

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Just got an answer to a question. One reason for the high pH is the biochar I used. The company says it usual has a pH of 12-13. With 10-12% of the mix being biochar is probably partly why the pH is so high and buffered so well.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Almost opposite ojh, it's at least half coco. I will be using nutes, roots organic line. I'm shooting for 6.0 to 6.5 pH.

• Chefbjy
    replied
    So are we supposed to wait a whole week before updating? I try to go back n forth with my other journal and my dhgc thread and update here as well. Not very exciting watching seedlings grow 😆. But they sure are getting big fast 😉.

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    replied
    Ok go away for few and they didnt ph. Not part of challenge but dropped 7th ot August. I'll save the plants.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 42 day veg. We have till September 22 😉.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    Campesino when are these girls supposed to be flipped ,you guys are so far ahead right now lol

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I would think that if your growing in soil with added coco you should go with the 6.5 to 7 ph .You are not planning on giving them nutes right , so that makes soil the #1 substrate ,coco is just a filler . IDK but thats my two cents lol

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot, added a lot of mykos and watered well. Wrapped it back up and put it in a sunny spot

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I will test again. I'm not sure either, flying blind. A few thing I know I would do different already after some reading today....which I should have done before, at least more of it.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds good... I think the peat will help for sure with the soil acidifiers.7 is neutral so that's a good start. I'm assuming you're going to test again after that stuff breaks down. I'm still not too sure what ph should be with soil and coco. But with a majority of it being coco that's how I would target ph, with it being between 5.5 and 6.5.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    My mix tested around 7 pH with a cheap 3 prong push in and a chemical pH test kit. Chemical was a little higher, prong a little lower. I added 1 cup iron-tone which is iron sulfate and elemental sulfur. Plus 2 cups soil acidifier, both espoma. A little peat for some quicker down, hopefully.
    Haha OJH, it's a little off. I'd wait until it's a better mix.😉

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    It was roots organic coco, pre buffered, I also buffered
    The soil acidifiers take a few months to work, gotta break it down first.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X