1000 watt led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 watt led

hi everyone, I have a question about leds. I have a Beautiful gorilla glue #1 and it has been under a mars hydro 300 watt led with lst training, she is by far the most beautiful plant I have had! Today I will receive my 1000 watt led. This is my question, she has been under the 300 w since seed and vegetative growth, I want to put her under my 1000 watt light for flowering! She will be inside a 2x4x5 ft grow tent with carbon filter, fans etc. do you think it will help with yields or cause other issues? Any thoughts will help! Thanks

Originally posted by doxiedaddy69 View Post
    do you think it will help with yields or cause other issues?
    More light will definitely increase the quantity and quality of your yield. As for "issues," be sure the 1000 watt light is far enough away so you don't blast her.

Comment

Thanks doc for getting back so quickly, do you think going from the 300 watt up to 1000 watt for flowering will be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by doxiedaddy69 View Post
        Thanks doc for getting back so quickly, do you think going from the 300 watt up to 1000 watt for flowering will be ok?
        Yeah! Your plant will love it! Cannabis loves light, and that much more light can be the difference between just a pretty green plant and big sticky buds.

Comment

Hey guys, I am starting out seeds and they are stretching way too quick, I have the 300 w led on right now and I am about to add the 1000 watt led tonight. I CANNOT remember what the heights should be for seedlings? Thank you in advance

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            If I was you ,I'd use cfls the first week or two. It's alot safer, until you know the right height for your led.
            Never used my leds on seedlings before, seedlings don't need much light to begin with.
            That 300watt will be close to 20-24inches, if they still stretch, lower it a couple of inches an keep an eye on your plants.
            And GoodLuck

Welcome, doxie.
          Your Mars is approx. 150w of actual power consumption. If you're using a similar style '1000w' fixture, it may only use 250-350 watts. That being said, you will need to add a little height initially to allow your plants to acclimate to the added light levels. I have an old King '1200w' fixture that runs 300w that I hacked with some better light strips. It absolutely will crush a closet grow-did a nice auto over the winter that yielded almost 6oz.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            NAKEDGARDENER if you can, find the newer v2 ones with the lm301b diodes. The older lm561c diodes are fine but they just came out with these v2's recently. Leds are going to be like computers were 10-20 years ago. Buy something that is the latest and greatest and its obsolete buy the time you unwrap it 😄

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            RosettaStoned lol thanks and great advice for all of us who are into or getting into LEDs

• Nartak
            Nartak commented
            Editing a comment
            True about QB's and COB's ..They are the way to go but Burples will do a very good job for their money...I got a kingbo 900w and im expecting a 300w (360+120 actual wattage) and ive seen good results with just the 900w a mate has..I gave him an LSD-25 and a ak 47 of mine and he pulled 240g!!

Hi gbauto, I remember someone mentioning that to me before. My first grow was gorilla glue #2 with the 300watt led and I ended up with 4oz cured. For my second grow with 3?clones taken at day 28 of flowering I used the 300watt led until flower, then switched to the 1000 watt led for remainder. And ended up with 7.5oz cured! I figured for this time around I would use both together and shoot for the stars! I also wanna STRESS that none of this would have been possible, if not for the group here! Everyone is always helpful and Amazing!

Comment

Hey everybody, I have a question about my seedlings, the height of my leds were talked about earlier and what ended up happening was 3 seedlings started to stretch towards light, but thanks to you guys they quickly were corrected and look amazing now! After moving light I had a seedling pop up, and it looks nothing like the others? It stayed extra close to soil and grew short and bushy? I believe that is a good thing?

Comment

Glad this is improving for you. I used LED for my hydro seedlings and it was a mistake. They stretched....And when they were more suited to this 1000w LED despite being 46” away from the tops, they were still getting burned... seemed like the LED was not able to be used until they started to fill out properly. They still have greater spacing between nodes which from a side view, makes them look more spindley then my soil plants, about 3 weeks older

Comment

Ya you want a 1000 watts or more. I use LED, I tried a 300 then went to a 600. Now I use a 1000 watts,,, so far better

Comment

Hi guys, just wanted to show a progress pic of my gorilla glue plants. Thoughts and comments welcome

Comment

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you have a great start here. They look quite vigorous and squat. My bigger thought , as I have had happen to me, when they get wider and wider and wider .... mine got so bushy that had I used a tent, they’d be pressed up against each other so much along with all of the tent walls that I could visualize broken branches from trying to access them or leaves caught in zippers. Also, I try to rotate them 90 degrees every day or so and in my 10x10 area, this is not easily accomplished. Maybe just think about that possibility for a moment so you are ready to address that in the event....you do have a bunch of beauties there

I honestly did consider about them being squished together, my plan was for 6, but the 7th seed that popped turned into such a beauty, the little one front row left! I’m hoping I have room? But I am definitely considering everything you said! Thank you very much!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great advice from Farmall above, I don't blame you though about making room for that pretty little plant, she's nice.
                    You might want to start a little early, with your training, though.
                    Beautiful plants, by the way.
                    HappyGrowing

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I was younger there was a tv sitcom ‘ Always Room for 1 More”..... 7 is a lucky number

• Nartak
                    Nartak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like "younger" as opposed to "young" , still on that scale just a lil further Is it the amount of weed one needs to recover from sleeps back ache that separates the younger from the young and the old? lol lol

Hey doxie,welcome and congrats on your new grow! Looking very nice your plants are and they seem to like the new light!! Keep up loving them the way you are buddy

Keep it Green
                  Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                  600W

LED
                  2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                  BioBizzLight Mix
                  Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                  Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                  Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                  CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                  Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Where can I find v2 led lights?

Comment

Awesome, ,now are they the double chip,,,better?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X