Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling for volunteers for a leaf-cooking and consuming experiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll try in the morning!

Comment

Sounds like a hoot to me. I have a dinner party's worth of defoliation to do, so I'll let you know if it Popeyes me with superhuman stoneashious abilities. I have a few 4+ wk's into flower that will tell the tale. G

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Wilted greens dinner salad with cranberries and toasted pralines and crumbled real bacon.

I'm in day four of flower. Did I make the cut?

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you start cuttin' and eatin' and postin'!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        What Dingus said!!

You made the cut fo sho!!!!! If you don't have any trim now, you may have to wait till your plants put out all the growth during the stretch, but we will wait for your report!!!!!

Has anyone ever just chewed on raw stems?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning MrFurley Yeah, I have several times but I was high as hell every time I ate some ,an can't recall if I got any higher. I'm gonna try again soon, if I can remember not to smoke a joint with coffee, ever morning as soon as my feet hits the floor.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha Mr.furley, you will have to start a topic on Chewing Raw Stems.

We are going to harvest every single precious health-giving element out of our beloved plants!!!!!!!!

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I just remembered given one to my friend and the smile on his face hours after chewing on that thing we used to eat them back in the 90s suck on them like a toothpick
        Just saying!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	166370

Happy Sunday morning!

I cooked up a "small bunch" of leaves this morning. A very little water in the pan and a lil pinch of coconut or olive oil, butter, whatever, but you want that oil in there.

We want most of it to evaporate in the process of GENTLY SIMMERING the leaves--and I can't stress that enough. So many folks want to cook the crap out of leafy greens, and that's not what we want to do to them. We want them to preserve their vitality and not turn them into mush.

So I threw my greens in the pan with a little coconut oil, left them simmering and made a fire in my woodstove. 10 minutes later, I ate them. There was a little juice in the pan which I drank.

MY STRAINS:
      Mostly CBD Nordle (CBD Crew) andCBD Crit. Cure (Barneys); co-starring Afghan Kush (WoS), Mazar (DP), Blue OG (G13 Labs) and Black Domina (Sensi).

AMOUNT:
      I consumed two good mouthfuls of cooked greens. It began to come on in around 40 minutes, and just like previously, the high keeps coming on and getting more intense. I ate them around an hour 15 min. ago.

EFFECTS:
      This is my first real experience with the CBD dominant high. Of course, there's the Afghan Kush influence as well. It's incredibly relaxing; right now it's an intense head high, but not psychadelic: just intense and relaxing.

FOUR HOURS LATER:
      This was a definite A+++ experience for me. I was high for between 4-5 hours, relaxed and productive (work on computer). This is a much better combo for me than the leaves from my previous harvest, which were quite psychoactive but without the relaxing, calming qualities that are in these leaves.

One of my conclusions: hemp-derived CBD isolate may be good for mixing into a tincture or even smoking with some high-THC cannabis, but for me, it does not compare to CBD-high whole cannabis plants, which I am officially falling in love with.

I look forward to making small batch different combinations tinctures.
      Last edited by alltatup; 02-04-2018, 05:22 AM.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	166399

Here is the ideal defoliation:

See all those bud tips? I removed those from down below so a.) they wouldn't be larfy buds or b.) compete with my main colas.

And the leaves are all fragrant, strong, healthy. This is gonna be strong with all those bud tips bursting with creative energy!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	166402

Here are the plants post-defol and in the middle of the flush which they are enjoying immensely.
        Last edited by alltatup; 01-21-2018, 06:31 AM.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

wow ATU I think this is the best thread ever 50 replies in one day holy shit . Cali kid said he feeds his to his chickens and so do I ,I'm going one step further I am going to make an omelet with the leaves

I will try it two ways first by just putting them on top like spinach ,then simmering them first , I just have to remember not to smoke like Daas
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Just make sure they get sauteéd in some oil, you know the drill.

• PRIMO
            PRIMO commented
            Editing a comment
            OJH Once you've got the cluckers stuffed with weed, and you're ready to smoke em throw some buds on top of the hickory chips. nom nom

Ok here we go, just consumed my leaves and small buds. About 12-15 leaves and 4 small what would be larfy buds. Took off all the stems, chopped up the leaves and buds. About an 1/8 cup of water, 2tbsp of evoo, pinch of salt, heated on med-low until no water left, about 8 minutes. Literally tastes just like spinach. Will keep this updated on how I feel
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180121_074048.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	166462Click image for larger version

Name:	20180121_074632.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	166463Click image for larger version

Name:	20180121_075745.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	166464
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 01-21-2018, 09:16 AM. Reason: Forgot pictures
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, it's like four times stronger when it's eaten. That's what's so disappointing

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry if this is too personal, but do you respond differently than other people to other medications? Like does a vicodin after a dental procedure totally wipe you out when other people are functional and go to work? Or other medications? People's livers are different from each other. Some are better at metabolizing some things better than others.

Your liver may be unable to perform the reaction on THC that makes the edible high so different. Kinda like some people can't taste umami or smell the difference between basil, mint, or oregano. Like the reason why asians get really red and stupid when they get drunk, and black people are prone to sickle cell anemia. It's a biological difference.

Bummer, man. But you still have many other receptors to enjoy cannabinoids with! Or, you haven't found the right recipe for this method.

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Not too personal, actually low to medium strength pain killers really do nothing either. I've never had the really strong stuff. And I total believe that I can't process it the same. That's how food is some peopme, just can't have certain things for whatever reason.

And yes, I can still smoke the hell out of it!

So I just thought of something...When most people wilt spinach, when served they get a squeeze of lemon or vinegar. Many people do this for flavor. But they may not realize, the acid makes more nutrients available when consumed this way.

Now I know the oil/fat we're going to sautee the greens with will bind with the "goodness" we want. But would a little lemon make more nutrients available ? Thus getting micronutrients along with the wake n bake.

Well off to defol then the kitchen to get started. I have 3 in stretch that I've been just taking a leaf here and there that will get a good once over. I'll report back shortly 👍
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to read up on the lemon vinegar thing. I didn't know that. I love lemon on spinach and chard.

Delicious! Butter and a pinch of salt. The initial effect was good. But not feeling much lift if you know what I mean. I don't get high from edibles. I smile more but the results are in my body not so much my head. That's what I'm experiencing now. Maybe next time I'll put some of my mazar from the freezer in the mix. It's covered in trichs, even the stems.

I will say it works though. Leaves and lower shoots that I wouldn't suspect to give these results, sure did. Not saying I didn't believe ATU, I'm just confirming her findings.
          My chickens are not going to appreciate this research lol.
          It's cutting into their greens. LMAO

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            What was the strain? On my first go-around, I ended up giving all the frozen trim to my buddy who loved it; it was too strong for me, too psychadelic. These CBD and Kush leaves I will keep.

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry forgot to mention the strains: critical kush and sin trabajo this time.

I'm ready to make more just cause it tasted good.
          I love cannabis. Smoked, vaped, raw, cooked I'll take it! I

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed!! At the very least, this is an incredibly healthy dark leafy green to eat.

What strain??? What effects???

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            The effects are ok. I don't get high from edibles. I've made peanut butter cookies with buds not trim, that my friends call horse tranquilizers. They only eat half of a cookie. I'll eat a dozen. Then look for a joint so I can feel stoned.
            I will say todays experiment initially made me relax physically.

Ok Alltat my test is on!! Couldn’t take any pictures of what I cooked this morning( wife gets paranoid with me posting pictures and posting on the forum) Took 20 the largest fans off my three girls, Sautéed them in extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of water. Whipped up an omelette and added them To it with a little bit of cheese and some salsa. Pretty damn tasty !! That was about 30 minutes ago not exactly on empty stomach but empty enough. Now I’m going to sit back and relax see what happens. I did chop them up coarsely before I sautéed them. Tried to get a little from all three strains CBD Durban CBD somango and blueberry.

Comment

I used some fans and buds from Chrystal. I just ate 5 minutes ago. Will report back.

Madman

Comment

RosettaStoned Californiakid Interesting to note: both of y'all have said that you just don't get high from edibles. This definitely deserves research.

Others say:

I hear some people have a natural high tolerance to edibles and that it can take 3-4 times the dose to feel the same thing.

Some people aren't affected by edibles because of the way the body breaks down the THC. Because you ingest it, it's broken down in a different way than smoking it. To put it simply, edibles depend on your digestive system. Your body just might not break down the THC like most do. It's common, so sorry bud, but if it doesn't affect you, stick to smoking.

Etc, etc. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't get high from edibles.
              Last edited by alltatup; 01-21-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, me too. That's 3 for 3. I am not sure who else said it doesn't affect them, but we are on to something.

• Jason
                Jason commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a friend that has trouble experiencing anything using edibles if the dose is less than 500 mg of THC. His math not mine. Vaping kicks his ass.
                I made a special batch of Golden Tiger for him. Double strength. Normal strength (one gram of flower to one oz of EverClear) and doses range from 5 ml to 40 ml.
                I'm on the 20-40 ml range. So my friend did 40 ml of double strength. And had to vape to go to sleep.

• Boco2017
                Boco2017 commented
                Editing a comment
                My partner can drink a 200 mg drink and function like normal but for me 30mg will put me to bed. I fully agree some people can process differently and get different results and some people not have any effect at all.

I do like combining multiple methods of consumption. Like smoke, eat, and or tincture. Seems like each way gives a different feel when I put them together (when I can) I get most effect. Otherwise each on their own wouldn't be as effective, even at much higher dose. Accept for smoking.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes!!! It's amazing how many different combos or forms of ingesting there are, and the differences in the effects.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X