Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling for volunteers for a leaf-cooking and consuming experiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You are not having a stroke! Just enjoy the ride!

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Enjoy the Buzz!
    Happy for you!
    We are delaying till tomorrow probably... still fence sitting.

• Cronk
    replied
    I cooked up a handful of sticky leaves from a minor trimming this morning. I sauteed them in a pan with olive oil very slowly for about 10-15 minutes. It was like kale chips. Then I soaked up the oil with a mushroom. I felt something within 10 minutes and it has steadily increased in intensity over the last 4 hours. To the point where I feel really damn high. Now, I haven't gotten high in long time, this grow is my first go at getting some real medicine but I am really high right now. Man

Unless I'm having a stroke

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    But just think of all the future grows, Cronk: None of us is ever gonna throw these leaves out again!! It's a whole new source of riches!

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    I read that afterward, yes. I'll try more for longer next. I'll be running out of leaves soon. Mann they're sticky

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cronk let us know how it goes! Did you read above that we are using low heat but for slightly longer times? I have been decarbing my leaves in my Nova machine for 30-40 minutes rather than simmering gently for 8-10, and the effects are definitely more intense.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I think those leaves look great. I would just snip off the dead parts, cuz you don't want to eat that.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Californiakid I do think that. I think I'll start way lower on my Plenty vaporizer, and raise temp on 2nd and again on 3rd go.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    FYI, I just sauteed some sticky leaves, about a handful, in olive oil and ate them. I think they were on heat for less than 8 minutes. I certainly feel something and it seems to be building in intensity.

• Campesino
    replied
    Alright, So the wife and I have planned to enter the experiment today, but I have a concern.
    Please look at the leaf tips pictured and let me know if you think that is evidence of possible Nute burn. I don't think they should be burned, but several leaf tips started to yellow. Plants are healthy, I have tons of fresh growth saved for the experiment, just not sure about the Nutes situation. I mean obviously the plants have not yet been flushed...
    Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    I have an old original style Volcano (analog not digital). I start it on a lower temp and raise the temp each time I fill the bag. Do you think I'm getting more of each component as opposed to really heating up fast? Looking at the different boiling points made me wonder. Thanks ATU

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That's nowhere near all of them; there's over 200, I believe.
    Last edited by alltatup; 02-04-2018, 06:09 AM. Reason: correct info

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    wow all those chemicals are in weed thats amazing

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    While THCA starts to decarboxylate at around 220 degrees, it won’t reach your lungs until it’s vaporized, which won’t occur until it reaches a higher temperature. There’s currently some debate as to what the precise boiling point of THC really is. Some estimate that THC [vaporizes] at about 315 degrees, while others believe that after accounting for typical air pressure, THC’s boiling point may actually be around 445 degrees Fahrenheit. https://www.harvestofaz.com/bring-th...-temperatures/

And another decent chart:

Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (THC-A) Boiling Point: 220° F Sedative, Helps prevent seizures.

Cannabidiolic Acid (CBD-A) Boiling Point: 248° F Anti-inflammatory, Anti-tumor.

Pinene Boiling Point: 311° F Anti-inflammatory, Helps treat asthma.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling Point: 315° F Anti-tumor, helps with nausea, pain and depression.

Caryophyllene Boiling Point: 349 Helps treat depression and anxiety.

Myrcene Boiling Point: 334° F Anti-tumor, Anti-inflammatory.

D-Limonene Boiling Point: 349° F Helps treat depression and anxiety.

Cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling Point: 356° F Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, helps treat chronic pain and epileptic seizures.

Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling Point: 365° F Used to help treat insomnia, also has an anticonvulsant effect.

Linalool Boiling Point: 388° F Helps treat insomnia, anxiety and chronic pain.

Humulene Boiling Point: 388° F Anti-inflammatory, Anti-tumor and helps suppress appetite.

Cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling Point: 428° F Anti-inflammatory, Anti-tumor, used to help treat anxiety, stress and pain.

Leave a comment:

• Madman960
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting points alltatup Please keep me posted if you find anything else and I will do the same.

Madman

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X