Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling for volunteers for a leaf-cooking and consuming experiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facs_grow
    replied
    Eating experiment continues and man did I screw up last night— grab the small handful of leaves off the shelf that I trimmed last weekend they were nice and dry. Crunch them up in the frypan with a little bit of olive oil and some water put them on the cook little bit. started it out on high and then turned it down to medium for a while. I kept getting interrupted so I would put a little bit more oil in a little bit more water and just kept simmering it on medium or medium low. When I finally got everything taken care of I just mixed them in with can of chili beans for a cheap burrito snack. By the time I finally got to eat them it was a little after 8 PM. By the time the buzz started Creeping in it was bedtime. I figured I would sleep it off. Got up at 5:30 this morning was a little foggy headed but not bad. But by the time I got to work at 6:30 I was flying high I was too fucked up to work !! I got done the paperwork I needed to finish and I got the hell out of there before the bosses came in. Came home and just let the buzz go.
    It seems to me that the buzz lasts a hell of a lot longer cooking and consuming than it does smoking.
    lesson to self — Can’t be doing that shit during the week!!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    UPCOMING LEAF EXPERIMENT

I'm going to decarb a bag of leaves and put them in everclear, in the fridge (not the freezer). I'll sample at two weeks, and leave the rest. I want to see how a tincture compares to eating the whole leaf, and if it gets stronger with more time. So I'll leave the big jar in the fridge and keep taking samples. If I come out of this alive, I'll report back.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Nice !!!!!!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    wow again all morning great buzz

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cronk I'll bet it WAS a surprise if you haven't been high in a while... ;-}

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The best eggs around, I reckon.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    and that lasted a very long time. The mild panic finally dissipated and we went out, ran into friends and had a smoke on the parking lot. It's like I was used to it and had a great little high.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    OJH has been feeding leaves to his chickens too, so the eggs might be a little stoney too.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Morning, we got to wait awhile until my plants grow some more leaves, but I can promise, we want be throwing them away anymore, they even taste good when cooked. Thanks Alltatup,

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    OJH is high tolerance, hes putting the whole plant in his omelet...... ;-)

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Let us know how it goes; how many leaves?

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    did a small defole on my Jack Herer Auto decarbed the leaves and will have an omelet this morning

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    True, Dingus: it won't hurt you. I'm just a stickler about eating the most vibrant leaves, the ones with all the energy in them...

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    ooooo mushrooms sauteed in there! That sounds wonderful!

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I would never notice if you left it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X