Part 2: Negative results with Grow Weed Easy tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2: Negative results with Grow Weed Easy tutorials

These are my two setups from Grow Weed Easy that I am using to try to grow enough for two ounces a month. Both are not producing what I need to sustain my smoking desires. The tutorials I used were Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months! and Space Buckets - Start Growing Marijuana For $100! Should I upgrade the Grow tent to 600 watts for more light energy to get more than 22 grams per plant and what can I do with the space bucket to get more than an ounce. I need to grow a half a pound in 4 months to ration out two ounces a month until the following harvest is ready!

The space bucket has 4 x 23 watt CFL's & 2 x 42 watt CFL's Cool White at 2700
    The tent is 250 watt HPS grow light,

1. Yes u should upgrade your set up.
    2. Strain will make a huge difference in yeilds.
    3. I wouldn't expect much more than an once per space bucket.
    ( I get at least a half p with my 400 watt but I would get the 600) đź‘Ť

Comment

22 grams per plant under a 250w hps would be ok if you had 50 plants.

Are you growing from clones? Seed? How well do you know the source? What strains? Any other information you can supply would help understand why your producing so little under the 250w. You should be able to get close to your mark.

Maybe journal your next run and we can cruise along and see if we see anything that might help. That's how I find where I fell short. Good luck.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

BrassTacks you have a lot of people trying to assist you here, and you didn't answer anyone on your original post. You might thank them, just sayin.

Nebula says there's no such thing as a perfect grow. You have to develop a feel for what you're doing. I'm on my 6th grow right now, and I am still learning a lot. I compare all my grows in my mind, think about what I did right, what I did wrong, what needs improvement, what needs tweaking in the environment, etc. There are a lot of balls to juggle when you're growing cannabis that you gotta keep in the air to get the best results. But when we just start, we don't have all the knowledge that we will get from hands-on experience.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the way u think

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Jr!

Brass Tacks Alltatup nailed it your yield can and will change with any stress, poor lighting ,nute burn, almost anything .

Here a suggestion between Photos grow some autos they usually take around 70 days start to finish, you can get a good yield every two months instead of 4 just pick your strains carefully ask around and get recommendations you will get there don't be frustrated this is not the easiest hobby to start up.
        in my bloom room I have 4 300 watt leds and I'm thinking of upgrading to 600 w lights
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to that i found that out for sure but my son came early and i got a bad nute lockout at the end while juggling work life and the new baby lol i wonder what we where thinking having more kidsin my 30s bit i wouldn't trade them for all the weed in the world

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also upgraded to a 1k hps for flower

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Jr83

Yes more light.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I'm of the belief that growing is 30% science and 70% art. (grower talent).
          Getting the right environment is key- not the equipment or nutrients.
          I was unable to get any yield for my first 6 months and when I did it was 18g.

A perpetual auto grow maturing 2 plants a month would do it with your set-up.
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• bluecanoe
            bluecanoe commented
            Editing a comment
            I think if you try too hard, get too stressed, keep that negative attitude then it's going to show in whatever you do. Be it cooking or painting or riding a bike. If you ride, cook or paint angry it's going to show. Your food's going to suck, your paint job will be horrific, and you will crash that bike...If you have a negative attitude while trying to grow anything it's going to be harder. I grow for two reasons. 1) I like to smoke and it helps my pain, insomnia and other ailments and I'm cheap and don't like to pay for bunk. and 2) I love to grow things. I have always been a gardener, from the time I was a little girl I grew things. If it didn't make it for whatever reason I didn't throw a fit or blame it on someone else, I thought about what I did, and how I could do it differently the next time. That's the way I look at growing cannabis. I had a seed that didn't germinate, but I didn't throw a fit and blame the breeder, I didn't blame anything. I simply got another seed out of the fridge and germinated it. Giving it all the love and attention I gave the other one, and it is in the soil and I'm waiting for it to pop its little head up any day.
            I want to eventually have a perpetual grow and will get there sooner than later, but I'm not rushing things, just enjoying what I have when I have it and waiting for the next crop to come in.
            I think that's a lot of BrassTacks' problem. He's probably young (impatient) and wants immediate gratification and when it doesn't happen by the book he has to blame someone else instead of looking at the man in the mirror. This isn't a race, it's a learning experience and if you don't enjoy it, give it up and just save the money you'd spend on a set up and give it to the guy down the road who will give you perpetual bags of bunk for entirely too much money.
            It's not like putting a piece of furniture together, A screws into B and voila! You have a bedframe.
            That's just my opinion.

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said Blue.

I tried my 1st grow in soil. Which makes sense as I've grown soil gardens for about 60 years or so.
          I won't ever try to grown cannabis in soil again. Two reasons. pH balance was driving me crazy, and once soil goes sideways, it can be complicated to get back in order. At least for beginners.
          Changed to two Water Farms and won't ever look back. With hydro if there is a problem I find it easier to chase down and solve. Change the nutes and presto change-o your roots are bathed in
          new, healthy liquids. Be sure to include an air stone to kill unwanted things and to gently move pH up. For you to adjust down, to insure proper absorption of nutes.
          Just follow directions. That's it. Read the tutes here, ask questions, and follow directions.
          Use 315 CMH lights, keep at the right distance, maintain suggested temps and pH. Insure the girls have lots of moving fresh air.
          Oh, and follow directions. Having a good local supplier that can help with trouble shooting is also a plus. I have one, but find the help on this Forum to save me time and money.
          I use GH Flora Trio and their recirculating feeding schedule. 100% no brilliant insights on my part.
          With clones, you should be able to harvest in about 90 days after set up.
          My last set up was 10/23/17 and I will be harvesting around 1/23/18. That will be the 3rd hydro grow.
          Good luck.

Comment

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            Jason, what distance do you keep your 315? This is my first grow with new 315 and I have moved it all over the board. I got a LUX meter for Christmas and was surprised to see how close I had to hold the meter to the light to get 70,000. I did lower light to 14" and developed light burn (or cal-mag deficiency).

Before I'd listen to anyone on the forum I'd read Nebulas advice first.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed !

Anyone notice how we're talking to ourselves?
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Not i said the jr have u ever met sane ppl they worry too much lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrassTacks View Post
            These are my two setups from Grow Weed Easy that I am using to try to grow enough for two ounces a month. Both are not producing what I need to sustain my smoking desires. The tutorials I used were Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months! and Space Buckets - Start Growing Marijuana For $100! Should I upgrade the Grow tent to 600 watts for more light energy to get more than 22 grams per plant and what can I do with the space bucket to get more than an ounce. I need to grow a half a pound in 4 months to ration out two ounces a month until the following harvest is ready!

The space bucket has 4 x 23 watt CFL's & 2 x 42 watt CFL's Cool White at 2700
            The tent is 250 watt HPS grow light,

I am a newbie as well but here or my 2 cents..

I wouldn't get discouraged..If you are consistently having grows from start to finish. I would say that is a good start (that gives you a baseline)..I keep a journal and write down everything. When I water I measure my Volume , PH and PPM and Then I measure the run off I record temperature, humidity and any little detail I can think of.

Once I get an established baseline with a specific strain, then I would start tweaking things, trying to increase yields. I will start with methods such as LST or possibly Mainlining... If you're plants are otherwise healthy and the environment is close as optimal as you can get it.... it seems to me that training you're plants --so they can maximize the amount of available light and space is the next logical direction to take.

How long do you Veg before flower? Maybe you can Veg a little longer and just adjust you're timing a bit so you still have a perpetual harvest. That could possibly require more plants and we do not know you're legal situation.

One thing is sure,,, I Know of guys who bring in 5 Ibs every 2 months from a smaller grow tent....... so you can defiantly get there.

I do however think you're possibly in the wrong frame of mind if you are blaming an internet forum for you're yields. I would personally start there ( adjust you're mindset) and just try to enjoy growing for now.... enjoy being a scientist and figuring out the most efficient methods for you're particular environment. one thing is sure --- those guys that are bringing in pounds have been growing for years, it took lots of patience and experimenting with different techniques to get there.

I think of these forums as a resource, much like a general education.. Now you know the basics of what you should be doing its up to you to apply the best practices for any given situation. and knowing the best practices to use and when... That just takes time and experience. I truly look forward to the next few years.

Good luck on you're quest.
            Last edited by ALASKAGREEN; 01-10-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that was good AlaskaGreen, I wish i knew what type weed they were growing to get 5lbs, ever 2 months ,in a small tent. I would sure try some.

I do not know the strain D.A.S.S .....I cant even tell you what size tent they use... But these guys are commercial growers ..In the summertime here the sun is up 24 hours a day. They take all the plants and put them in greenhouse's where that have plenty of room and light to grow .... if they have to initiate flowering in tents (due to a short season ) they do.

This is where I live...... look at some of those plants @ the link. My Dear old Dad is also a commercial marijuana grower,,,,If he will allow me Ill take some pictures in his greenhouse next summer. The plants are like trees. he just got 2 pounds off of one plat..... True story. While you and ! do not have the resources to do that .....It ls impressive here in this state watching the grows these guy do in even small tents. Last rumors I heard the word was that they averaging a bit under 5 Ibs a tent. I can neither confirm nor deny .... But I believe them

.https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...G&action=click

Comment

You cannot bypass experience with following guides or reading books. You need to learn from both your successes and failures, there is no magic bullet that will land you maximum yields with minimal effort.

The most important thing is to pay attention to what’s happening with your grow and change things immediately if you run into problems. Make sure your environment is as close to perfect as you can get it, I’ve had to add/take way heaters, run them on timers if so they are on for a bit then off for a bit on varying schedules in order to keep temperatures and humidity on point, I’ve added a humidifier for a while in veg and now a dehumidifier in flower. As far as nutrients are concerned look for the first signs of problems and act straight away if there are any. Make sure you have sufficient ventilation and air flow, ensure your lights are the optimal distance from the canopy. Monitor everything and make adjustments if required.

I know people say that cannabis grows like a weed and it does, but if you want to get the best out of your plants you need to optimise everything.

Comment

I think people who choose to do things that are hard (like living and growing pot and food) in cold hard places, learn to live with a resilience that many never find. That resilience becomes a way of life, that when trivial problems in life, (like my pot clones won't take), they aren't rendered helpless. They find ways to make little tents produce pounds of weed. I'm sure it took many many fails.

I vacationed in Alaska a couple summers ago, and we didn't do the cruise ship thing. We got to meet Alaskans who all seemed to love to share their stories about how they decided to move to Alaska, and how they managed or were managing becoming "real Alaskans", which meant enduring a winter and lasting 12 full months. When I go back, I will ask more about growing pot!
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X