Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your tutorial: Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with your tutorial: Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months!

Hello Nebula Haze,

I am having problems with your tutorial "Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months!." I have purchased everything listed and followed directions, but after two grows have only poor and negative results as the final outcome. Since finding your website and reading all I can to harvest, I still cannot produce the results that are shown on the Website. You wrote that your first grow with CFL's was over six ounces and that your other grows averaged one and one-half pounds. I see that you have stems engulfed in huge bud matter from the top to the bottom of the stem. I cannot produce anything similar to your outcome. My plants each produces less than one ounce and the buds are narly, not huge, not dense or compact. It is not worth the time to wait 4 months to grow a plant and only produce 22 grams, with your recommened setup. I was thinking that maybe I need to upgrade to the more efficient 600 Watt setup since you wrote it is better than a 1000 Watt setup. The pics are all autos. The cut one is Kush and the two remaining are Rapid tangelo. As you can see there is really no decent amount there. I use two ounces a month and can not produce that yet, with this 250 setup. I seriously need your assistance to be able to mimic your green thumb skills. I have over $400 seeds from Europe that I want to cultivate and I am tired of going outside to purchase bud in the street. I need to grow my own grade A quality bud. What are your recommendations to get me producing enough to maintain my two ounces a month?

If you're using good genetics and a decent growing environment, then the main thing that limits yield is not enough light. Could you provide more info on your setup?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• BrassTacks
      BrassTacks commented
      Editing a comment
      It's everything listed in the tutorial "Complete Beginner Tutorial: Grow 4-7 oz in 3 Months!." Copy and then paste the tutorial name inside the search box on Grow Weed Easy Website to see everything that I purchased.

Hey brass, you've had two grows and you haven't killed em . Thats a win bro just keep after it, and ask questions. you'll get the answers you need.

Comment

What temperature is your room? Distance between the light and the canopy ? Ph?

All of those things can contribute to a lanky plant.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I’m curious as to how many cfl’s are you using. If im remembering right she had a cfl on every budsite to achieve those results.
        48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
        5 gallon Smart Pots
        Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
        Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Could you post a picture from further back so we can see your grow space from top to bottom including all of the lights. And yes, we've all read those tutorials too, but please list what you've done here. It makes it easier to point out where you've made mistakes.

You say you followed the tutorial exactly, and consistently get poor results. Perhaps you made a substitution that you are certain should work, but didn't. If you list it, we might be able to point it out for you.

I think if there are this many followers of Nebula's advice who are happy to help, her advice must have worked for many of us. It's got an excellent track record.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Brass, my first grow yielded a whopping 1/4 of an ounce wet. It was okay, Northern Lights Auto, but sure was a disappointment. My second grow was so much better because I increased my activity on this site, asked questions, followed tried and true things and my last harvest was over 7.5 oz wet. It was from two different strains, I usually only plant two plants of two different strains just because I'm the curious sort.
            I grow only feminized autos. My goal is a perpetual grow and I'm getting closer. And with autos I can usually harvest in less than 80 days.
            This third grow I've switched to Kind Soil, added another 300w led and using 5 gal fiber pots. Each grow I plan before I start and invest in a few more things that I need to make the next grow better and with a bigger yield. This time I will be LSTing to see if my yield increases, plus I'm using 5 gallon pots and last grow I used 3 gal pots.
            Patience is everything when it comes to this, and you have to remember that what you are growing is a weed. Pure and simple. If the genetics are good, they have enough light and water, the temp and humidity is okay, they should be fine. Learn from every grow what you can do differently the next time.
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            1- 60w cfl for germination
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
            Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
            Seeds:
            Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
            Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
            Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
            Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

And PRIMO is right. You actually harvested and smoked some weed off of your very first plant. AND your second one. You're doing well for a noobie.

I myself managed to not kill my first plant, and that smoke is still my favorite. But I've killed several since, and some really tasted like shit. One plant I'm working on now is this tiny seedling that just won't die even though I've spilled it twice. The last time I dropped an auto seedling, it grew into a single bud the size of a dandelion. Hell yeah I smoked it, and I was happy.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

hey Brass I'm growing autos and I found that the ambient temps were to cold and slowed them all down so that the yield is way down with Autos everything needs to be perfect before seed pops
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Nebulas advice has worked for many,many people.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

My first three grows were cfl with a total of 288 watts for one plant and I averaged 6 oz dry for each grow. You must use reflectors with cfl's and keep all lights very close to plant. CFL's are the weakest grow lights that can be used but I was pleased with results. It's frustrating but keep trying and learning.
                    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                    315 LEC
                    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                    6" Carbon filter
                    3- 6" fans
                    humidifier
                    temp and humidity gauge
                    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                    FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X