No announcement yet.

Aurora Indica by Nirvana, 100% organic grow with BioBizz nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! My apologies for being so in-active the last week. I've been busy, so I've just been taking care of the little lady, but not had the time to sit down and chat with you.

It has been 8 days since I gave her a flush, and she has been drying out since then. My plan was to feed her again today. The soil looks dry, and if I dig a little with my fingers, it feels dry for 1 inch, then it gets moist at best. So I believe she might be ready and dry enough for a new feeding.

She still looks a little rough. But that's only because of the color of the leaves that were affected by the brown/orange spots etc. So if you look past that, she kind of looks fine.
    She's growing, and she's not drooping or anything. There are some burnt tips, courtesy of the lock out. And some yellow spots, which I believe to be the beginning of brown/orange spots that never got fully developed, because I got rid of the source to that particular problem. So despite all that, she looks fine. Or?

Here's a few pictures, so you can see for yourselves.

What do you think? Like I said; I'm thinking about feeding her again today. But I can't see any signs of "drought", so she might need a few more days?
    She did get a really good soaking last time, so I don't want to send her back to that fart smelling hell again, just because I can't be patient enough for her do dry up between feedings.

I will be more active her again the coming week. The busy part of the month are behind me now.

Peace!

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh thank God! I was starting to think the worst, but hey, she looks FANTASTIC! Great job, man, we all knew you could do it.

The fading and spotting to me looks like normal leaf fading for this phase of her life. They are running out of steam, and the buds are starting to steal their nutrients. They will slowly die. In addition to normal defoliating at your pleasure, I also clip them off when the start to wilt on the ends.

The very tips of your leaves are showing a touch of burn. I think you would be okay if you wait either she's very not damp when you put your finger in up to your 2nd knuckle, OR she starts to wilt ever-so-slightly, and then give molasses water, and skip the nutrients for a week or so.

But you've got beautiful, healthy baby buds puffing up and getting frosty! You're about 80% of the way there.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

So no nutrients for a while then? How come?

Not to worry Cocho. That plant will produce with or without you. Its biological drive to replicate its genotype insures you a crop of smokeable weed. The cannabis plant evolved sometime between 34 million years ago and 6.38 million years ago long before Australopithecus came down from the trees. And it survived without any knowledge of a magnesium deficiency.

Did you know the Vikings and Germanic tribes used it for pain relief during child birth? I find it useful for making those babies too.
    Last edited by starramus; 02-11-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      True! But then again, out in the wild, it's the survival of the fittest. And I don't believe that nature would result in magnesium deficiency, so it's mainly my fault anyway.
      But she's looking good. I only wish she would pack a little more mass on the buds. They're a little to airy, so I hope they get denser during the next couple of weeks.

Hehe! Yeah, they have found traces of Cannabis in different forms, being plants, seeds, herbs etc. in Viking graves. And we also have a strong Shamanistic culture, dating back thousands of years. So it's only logical that they used Cannabis for something.

And thanks for the feed back. Really appreciate it!

Ok folks! Update coming in

I gave her some water today. It has been 10 days since I flushed her, and since then she's been drying up, and I've not given her anything extra.
    So today I figured that she was dry enough. She is now 83 days old (from seed), and on her 40th day in flower. So she's about 12 weeks old, and should be ready for harvest in a little while.
    The hairs on the buds are still white and pointing straight out (more or less), with en exception of a few hairs here and there, that has turned orange/brown and curly.
    So my guess would be 2 weeks until harvest. But then again.. time will show.

With all that in mind, and after taking DingusKhan advice, I decided to give her water and Molasses. No extra nutrients, except a tiniest amount of Epsom salt. Just to counter act the issues of late.
    Can't hurt, right?

So today I mixed up 6 liters (1,6 gallons) of water, with 2 teaspoons of Molasses and 1 teaspoon of Epsom. The pH of the mixture came out at 7, but the run of came out at 6. So maybe next time I'll add some Baking Soda to the mix, and water her with 7,5 or something like that. To make sure the soil don't get to acidic.

Anyways. She's looking good. And the tent smells good too. No more "farts". In stead the tens smells like sweet vinegar, Molasses and grass. The color of her leaves are good (rich green), except the ones affected by yellowing or the spots from earlier.

The conditions inside the tent (as of today) are 26C/79F and 42% RH. Which is perfect if I'm not mistaken?

I've been cutting away leaves that have no purpose, or are covering up buds or are "dead". But she's still "fat", and I'm thinking of just letting her ride this one out as she is. No need to mess with her any more.
    And I can take with me this experience, of growing Aurora Indica, to the next grow. And hopefully that one will do better, since I have a few pointers written down.

So what do you think? Am I right when I say 2 weeks until harvest? The hairs are mostly (90%) white, but the other 10% have curled up and turned orange/brown during the last 48 hours. So things are happening fast, and that is why I believe she'll be 75% done in the end of this week.

Peace!

Comment

Very nice job Cocho, she's beautiful! I think you'll be fine picking leaves at that rate. Next time, you may get bolder, or you may decide you like that many leaves, she looks like she can breathe freely.

My plants take a month or more from white baby puff ball stage, but then I have 2 small LEDs, and they take longer.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

I wouldn’t set a hard harvest date let her tell you and which effect you want. According to nirvana she can be great sleepy time bud which would lean towards a later harvest if that’s what you want.
        48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
        5 gallon Smart Pots
        Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
        Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure! I'm just giving myself something to go by. I will wait until she is ready, nothing sooner

Do you have a magnifier for trichome analysis? I never go just by the color of the "hairs". Trichome analysis is a better way of determining the effect you are looking for. If I recall correctly you are looking for more of an indica couch lock effect. If you don't have a magnifier I would be rounding one up now. Plant is looking A-OK. It is a survivor.

Bad news from my last grow. Both Aurora Indicas had a more sativa like effect reports my wife. They were both Aurora Indicas for certain out of Nirvana's sealed packaging. Here's hoping you get what you are looking for.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I do have a magnifier. It's one of them tiny hand held scopes, with a LED light at the end. I believe it's a x60 magnifier. Nothing fancy, but it does get the job done.

The Aurora Indica has 3 phenos. One Afghan dominant (Indica), short and fat. Couch lock effect. And one Asian (Sativa) dominant, long branches and space in between the nodes. And one Hybrid, which is the one Nirvana aimed for, but I guess haven't "pinned" down yet. This one looks like a Hybrid, so I'm going for the Amber trichomes, for the relaxing effect. But you can never know for sure what effect you're getting, until you try it.

There's also some popcorn buds on the lower part of the plant, which I'm thinking about making bubble hash with. I have a set with 1 gallon "Bubble bags", so I might throw the smaller popcorn buds in there, with some ice cubes. My guess is that the popcorn buds will turn out milky white when the top is amber. Since they don't get too much light. So I guess the hash will give me a head high when it's all done.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Locrian99 Seems it's a grab bag. Who knows what you are going to get. AIs in the past have all been either the hybrid or indica dominant. was my wife's favorite strain.

Cocho 60 power is the best magnification level. the lower powered loupes just don't get you a large enough image.
          Last edited by starramus; 02-13-2018, 10:29 PM.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well they look indica to my untrained eye lol

Excellent !!!
        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Cocho if you don't get the sedative effect that you are looking for Nirvana has White Rhino seeds on sale this week. Get your order in and save a little dinero. https://www.nirvanashop.com/special-offers/#logo
          Last edited by starramus; 02-20-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Cocho
            Cocho commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had the White Rhino (not from Nirvana) before, and it's a strong strain. For me that is the definition of couch lock :P hehe!

Hey everyone!

I'm back again with an update.
          I guess you've noticed that I haven't been around much lately, and that is because it has been a busy time for me.
          But I've had time for the little lady, so she has not suffered at all.

Yesterday was watering day, again. And I gave her 6 liters (1,6 gallons) of water, mixed with 2 teaspoons of Molasses. I also added a little baking soda, just for the pH. Measured it at pH 7 before giving it to her, and after the second bottle I measured the run off, and it came out at pH 6,5. She still looks a little rough from earlier when she had a little problem with Cal Mag, but the new growth (around the bud sites) looks fine. No more nasty brown/orange spots or any of that. She is now (today) 93 days from seed, and 50 days in flower. Fan leaves are starting to turn yellow and fall off. And the buds are starting to "ripen". I can see the hairs turning red and curling up. The thricomes are mostly clear, but it's hard to get a look all over due to the small tent. So I guess I'll have to make the best out of what I can tell from the few spots I can reach with my loop.

The tent smells like a coffee shop, so I guess we're getting closer to harvest. Hopefully it's in 2 weeks, because I'm going away for a week the second weeks of March. Thought I would be at the finish line by now, but this has taken a little longer than I though. No worries tho. I'm sure we'll get there in time.

I took some pictures to let you guys know how she's looking.

So what do you guys think? I've given her nothing but water with Molasses for the past 2 weeks (two waterings/feedings) and she looks fine. The yellowing would be expected I guess, since she now has to get nutrients from the leaves. Even the smaller buds lower down have managed to get icy and got heir hairs orange and curly too. So she looks good to me. Guess it's just a matter of waiting now, or?

Peace!

Comment

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Really beautiful, a great save. You sure did learn a lot on this grow, so did I following along, thanks for the experience. If it not too late consider doing a serial type harvest where you only cut the flowers as they peak, leaving on the branch in the light buds that still could use a few more days and extra light. Do that until the last minute before you have to leave then chop them and hang what’s left to dry a minute until you get back.

• Cocho
            Cocho commented
            Editing a comment
            That is actually a really good idea! I might give that a try. I haven't harvested any of the buds yet. But I can tell that the buds at the top, closest to the light, have matured more than the ones lower down. My original plan was to just harvest everything at the same time, and throw some of the less matured buds in with the rest, and use the rest of the less matured buds together with my trimmings, and make some bubble hash. Just to get more material out of it, since I got myself a bubble bag set not too long ago. But I guess I can harvest the plant over several days, and by that make sure I get the absolute most out of the whole harvest.

Great looking buds. You are going to get some fine smoke from that plant. You deserve an award for "most tended plant" in cannabis growing history. Good job.

Comment

Yay! Nicely done, Cocho! They look outstanding! Those are going to taste SOOO good.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              The right time will absoulutly be the moment when you trim her out, Don’t doubt it for a second.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Like Paracelsus said: you'll know, and it will be right. I like to harvest my plant in 3 or 4 phases, taking only the readiest looking buds. With each session, I let the buds get riper and riper, until the last phase looks kinda overdone. That way, I have first hand experience of what they look like more mature, and it makes me less likely to panic when they are just maturing more slowly than I can observe over the course of a few minutes.

And I think you have plenty of leaves to last through harvest. She's gorgeous!

• gbauto
              gbauto commented
              Editing a comment
              When I ran some AI last year, I pulled them when it started to show amber trics. Basically fully milky but few ambers. Cured for 6 weeks and, damn this is potent smoke,,,

Cocho be sure and give us a first smoke report.

Comment

The Times just called me they Want to know how Cocho’s grow is doing!
              My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
              The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                The "Times". Isn't that allegedly fake news? Far out huh???

Comment

A somewhat mysterious silence from our Norwegian friend Cocho. I certainly hope he hasn't been BUSTED! Anyway if he has the Norwegian prisons must be the most civilized in the world. http://www.latimes.com/world/la-norw...420-story.html Game on Cocho!
                Last edited by starramus; 03-08-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dogma great movie. One of George Carlin's best. My philosophy is bigger than your philosophy. Nya nya nya nya nya nya!

• Cocho
                  Cocho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey guys!

I've been forced to take it easy for a while due to illness. Loads of visits to the doctor, having my blood tested at the hospital, all kinds of drugs and everything that follows that type of deal.

Been feeling like crap for a while now, and they don't know what is wrong with me. So I've just been doing me for a while, not taking the time to stay online and all that. I'm sorry for just vanishing like that, but I will be more active from now on I guess. They still don't know what's wrong with me, but my anxiety for the whole thing has calmed down, so I feel more up to the task of living my normal life.

Actually started a new grow a little while ago, but it's not going so well. The plant looks sick and fragile, and everything just falls apart more and more. I'm making a thread, asking for advice, and you're all more than welcome to help me out there. I'm just about to throw the whole plant in the trash. I think it was a bad seed or something. Because it has been looking like crap from the first pair of leaves. And now it's even worse.

- C

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad to hear from you Cocho, take care of yourself and we will see you in your grow thread.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X