Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	178222Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	178223

Here are my half colas, my little mini colas in week 6 of flower. I wrote a few weeks ago that I had lowered my harvest by, what did I say, 20%, by cutting too far up the stem? Ha! Wishful thinking: I lowered my harvest by closer to 50%. What on earth was I thinking? I can't help it: I feel serious regret for my mistake.

That's the Afghan Kush closeup on the right, and the CBD Nordle on the left. AK will be finished first, and now I take a good look at the trichomes every day. With my improved viewing techniques, I now CLEARLY see the milky triches, the opaque ones, and the clear ones. On the bright side: I have much better control over when I harvest, so that's a definite plus for this grow.
    Last edited by alltatup; 02-22-2018, 06:26 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Cronk I quite FB, too! Run by the fkn russians.
      PaganRich The average cola is 18" tall with 12 inches cut off below. I cut off half of my harvest. Period.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I am absolutely a big fan of trying crazy things, and going a little too far, mostly for the educational value.I think a good lesson that does not result in quitting is at least as valuable as yield.

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      facebook's no fun

I'm glad YOU have a handle on the triches 😄
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

So whats been going on with your grow alltatup? How are those colas doing after that severe trim. Im betting there still thickening up nicely.

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Word. .

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah....update us 😁

Im in love!!!
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean besides drooling for dem sweet chunky nugs? Ahh im doing good sis,obstacles are being passed and curses lifted Gettin my hands dirty soon,thought id stop by check on the greenthumbs ive missed!! Hows ma sis (and nieces ofc B-) )

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh?? Ma n nieces???

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao! Like yeah,you don't remember i met them? (wtf u been growing/smoking atu... xD ) Your plant dear,your lovely girls

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	182470Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	182471Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	182472 I harvested Afghan Kush yesterday, with all milky triches and a few ambers. The two CBD Nordles and the Mazar have 2-3 more weeks.

The plantlets in the other box are 8 Ball Kush, Critical, CBD Euphoria and Night Queen.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Hollow stems???

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup,the hanging buds seem to have holes in their stems from opening up to feeding,no? 2nd and 3rd is visible in the photo..

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Nartak, I'm not sure what you mean by holes in the stems, but the stems are strong.

I almost chopped my Afgan Kush but I took so long to trim those 2 critical I got from you ,that I decided to wait a couple of more days .
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Good man!

Very nice and frosty.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The humidity is perfect right now, and so is this little cold snap we're having!

FINAL REPORT ON AFGHAN KUSH:

I harvested her on Sun morning; trichomes were predominantly translucent with a few clear and a few milky. I saw an occasional amber. From all that I've been reading about trichomes lately, I decided that since she is a 100% Afghan Kush, I wanted the high to have more THC and not allow it to degrade into CBN.

She dried for five days in a dark place temp around 67-68, humidity around 45-50%. Dry weight 20.5gm.

SMOKE REPORT: I vaped a bud with a buddy yesterday afternoon; it vaped beautifully. Delightful flavor, smooth vapor. Buddy took 3 hits and stopped.
    The high was very nicely relaxing and strong; a very kind head buzz. Afghan strains like this and Night Queen and Black Domina will become "narcotic" as they are described online if they are grown till triches are on the other end of the harvest window.
    Last edited by alltatup; 11-11-2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      UrbZ I read so much about,trichomes that my head is still spinning. I decidd with the 100% Indica, to harvest when I saw the biggest heads on the triches. You know, like mushroom caps, bulging over the stem. Most were opaque and milky with still some clear. And a very few ambers.

I think with Indicas, we can expect an intense but relaxed head high and body relaxation by harvesting earlier rather thanlater. I think when they describe some of these strains, like Night Queen, as 'narcotic,' they're referring to what you get at the other end of the harvest window. I'm growing a night queen now, but I'll have to harvest her on the early end of the harvest window. Will report back on whether or not she's narcotic.

So I think your,plan is a good one, and you can write a comparison report on the two smokes.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect! That was one thing I've been looking at heavily too. The triches on the more mature plant look more like mushrooms now more than a straight triche. They are fairly large already headed already.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They always tell us to wait until those triche heads look like they're gonna burst, and it's pretty hard to tell sometimes: less magnification lets me see more, but much smaller; more magnification lets me see the head, but it's always a challenge to get a good still view. This is why I practice looking at triches in the second half of flower A LOT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	184468Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	184469Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	184470

HARVEST LAST 3 PLANTS, SAT, MAR 10

Grow 6 is at an end, and dry/cure 6 are underway. Today I harvested the other three plants: 2 CBD Nordle and 1 Mazar. I decarbed a bit of the Mazar and vaped with a buddy; it was an intense and relaxing head high and relaxed body.

So my little midget colas got thick in the last three weeks. I harvested these three at the end of week 10 from switch to 12/12, and the Afghan Kush at the end of week 9. I'm happy with the phatness of the buds. My lil midgets.

Afghan Kush is curing away; her jar stays between 61-65% RH right now; the weather's quite dry right now during this chilly spell, so I'm keeping the heat fairly low (67 degrees)--but not within mold range--while the girls are drying, to compensate for low humidity. I'm quite please with how AK dried.

And I got lots of sticky trim drying for making my favorite--TINCTURES!!!!!
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-10-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Way to go-Nice harvest. Ha !_ guess what I'm just about to start today? I just decarbed some bud and sugar trim and am going to start a new batch of tincture. And this time I'm going to try the method you generously shared earlier_ about how you reduced the alcohol content to increase the potency of each dose.Congrats... now's the time to start enjoying the fruits of your labor!

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking buds.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!!

ZigZag Have a ball with the tincture!! When I'm growing and making tincture, it's like every day is xmas, or my birthday, or the prez's impeachment: I'm filled with excitement about wonderful things that are happening!!!

Beautiful buds! Fine trimming job too.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DingusKhan I trimmed less sugar leaf this time; it was just too, too sticky. And the buddy who likes my bud vapes it, as I do, so I figure it won't make anything harsh cuz there's no combustion.

Nice looking buds you’ve grown. I’ll be very interested to hear what you think of the Nordle. Mine has just a few more days to go.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Kobayashi I decarbed some Nordle this morning: see below.
      Last edited by alltatup; 03-13-2018, 12:35 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	185549Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	185550
    CBD Nordle (by CBD Crew) Vape Report:

She flowered for 10 weeks, and CBD Crew said 8-10 wks. THC 5-10%, CBD 5-10%. That is 10 weeks from when I switched to 12/12, which is how I'm going to count from now on. It seems accurate, and it messes with my head to have one count from switch to 12/12, and another for first sign of pistils.

I decarbed some Nordle this morning; it went in a jar after 5 days hanging to dry. I get a very positive first impression: it's a pleasant stone and it took away a little bit of headache I was feeling. I'm going to vape it for the rest of the day, and see what the cumulative effects are.

Tika the plate is for you!! ;-}

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Kobayashi How does it smell? Has the smell intensified? I never saw many ambers on mine, just a few, but I generally don't wait for much amber.

I vaped the Nordle twice today, and definitely not much effect; a very mild head high. I think I may end up using the CBD-strong strains for tincture, so I can just take it like medicine since there's really not much buzz.

Paracelsus The nugs are dense!! The nails are changed!!!

• Kobayashi
      Kobayashi commented
      Editing a comment
      Smells quite strong. I can definitely see how it’s described as like chives. I don’t think it’s intensified much really but it’s hard to tell.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Kobayashi Mine smells sweet and intoxicating, but maybe it's the Bud Candy I use. One buddy says my herb smells like sweet tarts...

Alltatup_nice buds! Never heard of that strain before_the Nordal_ it sounds similar to some of the CBD strains I've tried lately and two that I'm growing now. Though the two present ones are f1 strains so there are at least three phenotypes for each of them. The results will likely be a surprise, but thats OK! The CBD OG Kush are already different_ one is lots taller with long branches and the other is half the height with tighter internodes...why does this keep happening to me?. The small one also started getting bud-lets about 3-4 days ago and the larger one is just starting. I always start my countdown for seed to harvest the day they pop up out of the medium. These guys look like they will be pretty close to the breeders estimate, but usually I plan on a week to ten days longer so I have a little extra time to work with.
    And usually it takes a week more than what they say.
    By the way_ I was mixing up a batch of tincture the other night and listening to some tunes from the past_ when Traffic's "Medicated Goo" started playing and I thought of you_ cuz of your (and mine) fondness for tinctures_ "So follow me, its good for you_ that old fashioned medicate goo_My own home recipe will see you through"_ had too play it 3x! Cheers!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATU why dont you grind up some nordle and some high thc strain and mix the two together and vape that . I dont know what strain it is but a vet friend of mine gave me 2 syringes full of rso oil for me to try and I have to say when I take it about 730 then I sleep though the night not even getting up to pee that hasn't happened in a long time in fact before this oil I could count the times Ive slept though the night on one hand

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 That is awesome. Can you find out what strains he used to make the RSO? I'd really like to know.

I was thinking of mixing Nordle and Mazar for another tincture.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup_That's for sure, I'm with you on that. Even my 25 year old daughter loves that "retro" music as she calls it. "Dad" who are these guys? ...me_"Just listen and find out!"!.
      I'm so glad you could identify with that! I have to relive those days often enough that I can stay on track these days!
      I even go back as far as Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, Deep Purple,Gratefull Dead, led Zeppelin,The Who, Quicksilver, etc.
      Hmmm... gonna have to make a playlist for doing my taxes today, ugh :~(

That would be a nice combo to try. I usually make my tinctures with about 50/50_ THC/CBD_ some of the high CBD strains just aren't great for smoking, so I use them in tinctures. My objective is to get any other strain that has at least 12-15% THC so there's at least a little "reward"...Also found that_at least in my humbled limited experience_that having about 50/50 works best for me. I have a really hard time judging how much CBD is in it because I don't get high_ wish there was some way to measure that without having to go to a lab and pay for it.But for now...just stick with what seems to be working.
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      POKEDSMOT what strain is that????!!!!????

• POKEDSMOT
      POKEDSMOT commented
      Editing a comment
      It was 85' afgan Kush and sour D (don't remember the exact genetics of the D) 30/70. You would be surprised at what simple strains will test at.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to try something like that!! My Afghan Kush also listed a very good CBD content. Now that CBD is back "in," I'm sure we'll be seeing more strains like yours.

Have to agree_ The combo of THC/CBD seems to work the best for me. Often I'll mix a high THC strain, say 18-26% and a CBD strain of 3-12%_But I never really know what the end result is. Got to admit I like the tinctures too- the delivery is nice_faster than eating it_ and it lasts for 4-8hrs for me so you don't need to "partake" nearly as often which is great for being "discrete". Everything else is discrete too_ no smoke, no smell. But when I want an immediate delivery there is the vape or bong or even a joint....well probably not a joint if I already took the tincture! I save my most potent and tasty bud for vaping or smoking.
    Cheers to all!
    As an aside it is great for so many different things_ I have seizures from a head injury and take meds to keep it under control. Most of the time they work but occasionally I have "break through" seizures_ mostly due to a lack of sleep, stress, a combination of the two, and I think dehydration can contribute. anyway the meds I take often cause insomnia which has been cured since I started using cannabis again after so many years. Also interestingly the incidence of break through seizures has been reduced by 50% which is substantial. Whether its due to the terpenes in the cannabis directly, the fact that I get good sleep and less stress or more likely a combination of the two.I just have to tartrate the tinctures after each batch to make sure I don't overdo it!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You know how powerfully CBD acts on seizures!! That's awesome. An interesting fact: I just had my eyes checked, and this is the first time in literally years and years that I didn't need a new lens prescription; my eyes were stable. COINCIDENCE OR CANNABIS? I know what I believe.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      ZigZag-I am sorry to hear about your medical condition and wish you all the best in your endevours with it...I`ve read a heck of a lot about Weed and Seizures, tremors and Parkinson`s. Over here there have been interesting trials and now it has been successfully challenged inthe Courts I believe and this kiddy is getting it to help a medical condition. People are finally waking up to it`s healing potential. What I have read and seen on clips is how beneficial it can be in controlling and reducing the effects of relapses and I hope you will keep getting greater and greater benefits from it, mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X