No announcement yet.

CBD Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a CBD strain in the pipeline as well, Im DEF gonna be following your log for some pointers. Ive heard there are certain things that need to be done a bit differently for a CBD grow. Not sure what they are (haha) but I look forward expanding my knowledge on this topic because I could use that CBD coming at me in a perpetual harvest!! BEST OF LUCK!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      HIonCANNABI420 I missed this a while back!!! Sorry! I haven't heard about anything that needs to be done differently for CBD strains, so I'd love to hear more about that myself!

Damn ATU now I have to get more seeds lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

when the thread came up I saw the little girls and freaked I forgot I had 4 jack Herer seeds in a paper towel and Hadn't checked them since yesterday afternoon,they were fine all with little tails ,root riots today
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Go babies!!!

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        HaHa! Funneeee!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	151876Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	151877

Grow closet: they are growing vigorously: 3 CBD Critical Cure, 1 Black Domina, 1 Blue OG.
      RoomMate: they are taking a little more time, but roots are descending. 2 CBD Nordle, 1 Mazar, 1 Afghan Kush.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks my brothers

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, picture perfect plants.

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Off to another great start it looks like! Can't wait to see them in flower!

Sure do look nice,can’t wait to see what u do with them? Tinture,oil,or smoke? All I would think. Good luck!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, no and yes. I'm not ready to do oil.

Wow, what a nice setup. Put together with attention to detail. Love it !
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Super Closet stealth box.

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you do for the smell alltatup?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Dutchman1 Both my grow boxes have carbon filters. I had neither the time nor the mechanical know-how to put together a grow room, and it had to be odorless and stealth, so I invested in the BCNL RoomMate and the smaller closet grow box. They work well in my circumstances.

Your grows are always a great read ,good incites and well explained always a pleasure

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a very nice thing to say, OJH!!
        Last edited by alltatup; 12-06-2017, 03:50 PM.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just being honest have a great day

Off to a great start!! Subbed an Can't wait to see how they turn out!!
      Visit my current grow at
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

ATU did you see the seedsman blog they have 5 very high CBD strains its like the third thread down

Comment

Californiakid

Sorry I missed your question!! My understanding, based on what I'v read, is that the CBD works better in conjunction with some THC, and that you CAN get too much of a good thing with CBD just like with THC. Here are my notes on CBD (and I know there's a lot of misinformation out there, so I try to stick with the researched sources of information, like Project CBD):

ALL ABOUT CBD

“Less is more” is often the case with respect to cannabis therapy.

WHAT IT DOES:
           CBD quickly halts stress response and excitability.
           Promotes ease, calmness, and positive sense of well-being
           Pain relief
           Gentle upbeat mood
           Mental and physical relaxation
           Clear-headed and focused, no change in cognitive function
           Slightly sedative

For anxiety, depression, spasms, and pediatric seizure disorders, many patients initially find they do best with a moderate dose of a CBD-dominant remedy (a CBD:THC ratio of more than 10:1). But a low THC remedy, while not intoxicating, is not necessarily the best therapeutic option. A combination of CBD and THC will likely have a greater therapeutic effect for a wider range of conditions than CBD or THC alone.

For cancer, neurological disease, and many other ailments, patients may benefit from a balanced ratio of CBD and THC. Extensive clinical research has shown that a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio is effective for neuropathic pain. Optimizing one’s therapeutic use of cannabis may entail a careful, step-by-step process, whereby a patient starts with small doses of a non-intoxicating CBD-rich remedy, observes the results, and gradually increases the amount of THC.

DOSING W/ CBD
          In essence, the goal is to self-administer consistent, measurable doses of a CBD-rich remedy that include as much THC as a person is comfortable with.
          Cannabis compounds have biphasic properties, which means that low and high doses of the same substance can produce opposite effects. Small doses of cannabis tend to stimulate; large doses sedate. Too much THC, while not lethal, can amplify anxiety and mood disorders. CBD has no known adverse side effects at any dose, but drug interactions can be problematic. An excessive amount of CBD could be less effective therapeutically than a moderate dose.
          The time of onset and duration of effect vary depending on the method of administration. CBD-rich cannabis oil products can be taken sublingually, orally (as edibles, lozenges, beverages, tinctures, and gel caps), or applied topically. Concentrated cannabis oil extracts can also be heated and inhaled with a vape pen. Inhalation is good for treating acute symptoms that require immediate attention; the effects can be felt within a minute or two and typically last for a couple of hours. The effects of orally administered CBD-rich cannabis oil can last for four hours or more, but the onset of effects is much slower (30-90 minutes) than inhalation.

While each compound has pain-fighting properties of its own, the two of them work best when they are consumed together. Both tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) work with each other synergistically, enhancing the overall pain-fighting effect of the herb.
          For some, high THC strains may be more beneficial. Though the psychoactive nature of THC may be off-putting to certain people, many find that the “high” helps them forget about the pain and focus on something else. CBD strains, on the other hand, may help reduce inflammation and improve mood, which could improve your ability to handle pain.

To make sure you’re getting the relief that you need, here are a few things to keep in mind when picking out a strain for pain:
          • Sedative, indica strains are some of the most popular picks for chronic pain management.
          • A strain that contains a little of both CBD and THC may be more effective than one with THC alone.
          • High THC levels mean that you may more easily forget about your pain.
          • CBD strains are generally considered better for daytime consumption.
          • Sativa strains are often consumed for neuropathic pain and chronic headaches, though this is highly subjective.
          • Stick with strains whose aromas (terpene profile) are very attractive to you.

THE PROBLEM W/ HEMP OIL
          Single-molecule CBD will inevitably become a federally approved Big Pharma medicine. Products infused with a crystalline CBD isolate, derived and extensively refined from industrial hemp, are already being marketed by unregulated internet storefronts. But single-molecule CBD is less effective therapeutically than whole plant CBD-rich oil extract. Scientific studies have established that synthetic, single-molecule CBD has a very narrow therapeutic window and requires precise, high doses for efficacy, whereas lower dose, whole-plant, CBD-rich treatment regimens are already showing efficacy for many conditions among patients in medical marijuana states. Whether synthesized in a Big Pharma lab or derived from industrial hemp, single-molecule CBD lacks critical secondary cannabinoids and other medicinal compounds found in high-resin cannabis strains. These compounds interact with CBD and THC to enhance their therapeutic benefits. Scientists call this the “entourage effect.” Numerous cannabis compounds have medicinal attributes, but the therapeutic impact of whole plant cannabis is greater than the sum of its parts.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            wow was that informative, well done

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            ATU, this Could/Should be widely disseminated. Some states have more lenient laws concerning home based production of Oils and Tinctures. Measurable doses are difficult at that level without hands on subjective opinion. Your in pioneer country,

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for sharing that, so helpful!

Thank you. That is a lot of information right there. That explains quite a bit. Definitely points us in the right direction, where we can begin to fine tune the ratio for her.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome; we want the medicine to be right!!

I knew most of this but it's so great to have it all in one place in one piece. Thanks alltatup !!!! I'll be using this to to help others .

Comment

Ooo following. In about 10 weeks im looking at starting a acdc cbd grow... never grown high cbd plants before .. so this will be interesting
            Current grow

4x bubbas gift
            4gal fabric pots..
            coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
            600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• Cronk
              Cronk commented
              Editing a comment
              have you found ACDC seeds? they are always out of stock where I look

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool, RobM!!! You must be in a legal state, because they aren't for sale internationally yet... I am waiting for Harlesin, which is sold internationally, to come back in stock at Seedsman, who charges a decent price for them. They're like twice as expensive everywhere else.

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              We salute you

Of course I'm subbed a little late but plants are looking nice n green. I really would be very interested in your view of the cbd strains compared with a 1 to 1 cbd thc. Oh and what was your feelings on the lithium og???????

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              @ St.buds I like the Lithium OG; very nice relaxed high. The CBD Nordle I'm growing is 1:1 (5-10%) and the Critical Cure is THC 5.5%, CBD 8.13%. When I grow Candida (with minimal THC), I will definitely mix it with some higher THC strain--not so much for the high, but for synergy.

Thanks for that info allatup, it makes sense to mix cbds and thc together. The only question I have is the rate or ratio of one to another?
            Trial and error I guess? Looking foward to your harvest and eventuall tasting and outcome. Luck

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've mostly used strains that were 1-1 alltatup after researching pain management with cannabis and reading reviews about the different strains. I feel that 1-1 in a range of 6% thc to 6% cbd and as high as 9%-9% have been very effective for me. I tried a 1-2 ratio (thc to cbd ) and found it not as effective or as pleasant. The information you posted about "more" not necessarily being as effective was enlightening . I use it for extreme knee and back pain and since I started have been completely amazed at the efficacy of cannabis for my pain. What's sad is that it's strangely not as effective for everyone. Friends with pain issues that I've shared tincture with have had no relief and others almost complete relief. One 70 year old woman at my church was on morphine for many years due to fibromyalgia.I share my tincture with her and she called It a miracle and is now almost pain free. It really is an individual thing.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting, Dutchman: so what works for you and your specific pains won't necessarily work for everyone else. That's why we all have to experiment so much and titrate to find the right ratio/right dose. It's a long, strange trip...

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed alltatup.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X