Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebreadbin
    commented on 's reply
    Oh thanks DAAS! I’m one of those overly critical people so this reassurance is extremely appreciated. I’m so excited to see the little hairs appearing. The count down has begun. I’m so looking forward to the next month or so. Have a good day.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Morning EB , its hard for me to see the colors that you can see, from where I'm at, but you have been doing a great job with your plants since the very beginnings. They look great to me.

• Ebreadbin
    replied
    Good morning all. It’s cold as all get out here. Snow is in the ground and we are just coming out of a serious cold snap. The temperature is a bit chilly in the basement but so far not affecting the girls too much. I never thought that I would be concerned with the cold when growing but these LEDs don’t put out much heat at all. I’ve got them off the floor by a little bit, and have insulation plans for when I can get under the tent again. Well I finally had the courage to pull them out under the regular lights and have a good hard look at what happened when they were subjected to the intense flowering lights for too long. And took some pictures. I think the verdict is that it may not be too bad. You can see the difference in the colour but they seem to be bouncing back. You can see it much clearer when they are under the LEDs actually but it doesn’t show up when I take pictures. It pretty much matches the pictures I see in association with light stress. Maybe a little zinc deficiency but that would be the light issue too. My next step will be to give them just a weak tea of nutrients to boost what they have from the soil. I can see that they are starting to get hungry. I have the general hydroponic line, bought their complete box so I have everything I think I might need. It is unlikely that I am going to get any other nutrients that are special, I want to use the liquids as a supplement, not main food. So pictures. Anyway, any comments or suggestions would be welcome. I think I can handle it 🙂. Morning all!

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent work.

• Ebreadbin
    commented on 's reply
    Hi bootsy. Yes I struggled with how much to remove too. In the end I chickened out of manifolding, but I chose a picture of what I wanted it to look like (from this site of course), and went from there. It really is amazing how much they recover. If you are willing to give them time. I’m looking forward to getting auto flowers next time and go a bit faster. I noticed the girls putting forth their first little hairs last night. Teeny tiny, but there. Happy happy 😃

• Bootsy
    commented on 's reply
    very sweet and full looking. and it doesnt look like you have removed too many leaves. i am now struggling with what to remove on mine.

• Ebreadbin
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Dutchman. They should be fine. I finally have everything just so and am trying to let rhe girls grow up more to the lights. My LEDs website says I can go 12 to 16” away, which is quite a bit closer than when in veg. I’m taking things slower with them for a bit because of the stress, but they are growing up and out like good girls. Have a god night.

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Pot plants can be so resilient. I pray yours make an amazing comeback.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Looking nice EB

• Ebreadbin
    replied
    Why thanks bootsy and good luck! I’ve uploaded some pictures of them. I think they are going to recover from the light blip. I hope so anyway. So here are some pics!

Leave a comment:

• Bootsy
    replied
    Hey. Must tell you that I am inspired. your grow looks awesome. i am a first timer and a month behind you, using a living soil (store bought) and only have a 300 W LED and felt like mine were far behind after looking at other posts. Hearing all the compliments means you are on the ball, and when i look at comparable time, I am only somewhat behind you - made my day. Seeing how nice yours are gives me hope that mine will work out too. Nice posts - and all the best.

Leave a comment:

• Ebreadbin
    replied
    Oh dear. No pictures today...so embarrassed. So the switch to flower went according to plan - or so I thought. I switched over on Christmas Day instead of Eve, merrily going along for a couple of days doing my daily checks. Boxing Day is fine, the 27th, hmm my plants look a bit stressed but growing well since the switch. Ok, I’ll keep an eye on them. Then the 28th. Ok still a bit stressed but nothing I can pinpoint. Yesterday morning I went to the basement. This would be during their bedtime. Trying to work with the natural light and get what I needed. I’m so paranoid about light leakage that everyone in the house let’s me know when they even go near the basement, lol. They’re well protected. Anyway, I see the glow of my lights when the should be sleeping. Curious, I’m checking out the timer and my stomach starts to get that sensation....oh frickin frack... the timer got switched to ON instead of auto. The flowering lights have been on 24/7 for days. So I fixed that right quick, and last night the girls showed up looking pretty sorry for themselves. They look light stressed. I’ll work up the nerve to take pics and receive my due recriminations. I feel like a complete dope. The tops of them are pretty pale. They are droopy. BUT... they were very healthy before, so I’m hoping they recover given time. Have a good day everyone. I tend to work during the holidays but I have three days off. In. A. Row. Very very excited.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Looking great !

• Ebreadbin
    replied
    Well I switched the girls to flower on Christmas Day. I’m just so very pleased with the progress on them so far. I know a few things to do differently next time but over all I’m ready to go with a shorter veg time, probably autos, and more of them. This crop will be one step closer to becoming independent with my meds, something I strive for. I’m going to take more pictures tonight, we’ll see whether the difference in lights shows a different picture. I hope if you celebrated a holiday, that it was a good one. Have a good day all. Cheers ✌️

Leave a comment:

• Ebreadbin
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks DAAS! I had to readjust my thinking as they are drinking more water but they are looking so good. They got seriously droopy one day, but no harm done. I’m excited to switch them this weekend. It’s only a flip switch but so symbolic you know. Starts the count down. I’m looking for light leaks and have my black duct tape for my fan light. My dehumidifier has a light but it’s green. I read somewhere that green light won’t make them revert to veg, but I don’t think I’m taking any chances. Have a good day all.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X