No announcement yet.

Decarboxylator machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got a response from Ardent and they said it was perfectly normal to dry cured bud out, I'm happy now though lol.
    I tried eating a bud from my White widow but I need to experiment when home to no the right dosage
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Did anything happen? Did you hold it under your tongue for a while? I'm discovering that there's a huge difference between getting stuff in my system sublingually and by swallowing. For example, I didn't feel any effects of my tincture by swallowing it after I'd eaten, but under the tongue works.

I haven't tried that yet with a piece of bud, but I want to and we'll have to compare notes.

Yes I did put it under my tongue and it probably worked but my legs would not give it a chance, I swear I want to get out of this cold and its not even cold yet lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Come down south and be an outlaw!!!

Mine is waiting at the post office. It arrived while I was in the hospital... Gonna have it tomorrow though for sure!

I also missed out on the Black Friday Magical Butter Machine sale, damn it. Gonna hope for a good Christmas sale on it I guess.

Also, I ran across this thing today while looking around, there are pre-orders for the new one plus a companion item that does flower! Everything I've seen so far says it's a good machine, thoughts?

tCheck is a home cannabis testing device that makes it simple and quick to measure the THC potency of your infusion, concentrate, or raw flower.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Californiakid Yea at the price it's very doable. Unless I come across some issue I'm sure I'll have one by this time next year.

alltatup Not just that but to be able to dial in dosage across strains and methods. Being able to say ok this batch of butter needs 2 tbls and 1 tbl s of that oil and 1/4 tsp of that tincture are all the same dosage just sounds amazing to me, rather than have to "taste test" every batch.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      that is a great idea to go with the decaboxlater

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      is this a lot of variance?

Accuracy
      +/- 10%
      +/- 15% Decarbed material

mine finally showed up it only took 2 tries and over a month but its here
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      30 min till I can go pick mine up....

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      WOO HOO!!! Better late than never!! I hope you love it, and it was worth the wait.

Used the machine tonight works great
    i did one bud then I did the rest
    going to mill it and put it in my pills
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Camk Have you tried just putting a piece of bud under your tongue? The most direct and efficient way of getting out the good stuff.

There's actually a big difference between consumed and sublingual effects, because if you eat it, it has to pass through the liver. Sublingual is direct into bloodstream.

• Camk
      Camk commented
      Editing a comment
      i havent tried that the bud i did has very low thc and moderate cbd i take a pill in the morning before work then at lunch then a higher thc pill at night but i will try that this weekend see how it goes

Kief infused hot coco and ground bud on a corned beef and provolone sandwich!

Quick review:

Packaging was very stealth, plain brown shipping box with no indication of whats inside. The unit is enclosed in it's own cardboard cylinder container, bubble wrapped and packed inside the shipping box. keeping the unit well protected.

Color instructions are a bit sparse and leave out how to tell when the cycle is finished but it's all very intuitive so no biggie. Another thing it leaves out is you need to let the unit fully cool before starting the next batch. This can catch you by surprise but again it's very intuitive.

The unit is solidly made and ready to go right out of the box. I did a small batch of kief and a few buds. No smell noticed during the process. The kief was pretty much odor free afterwards while the bud had a beautiful toasted smell with a fantastic aroma of the terpenes. It reminded me of the smell of a rosin pressing not overwhelming or overly strong. If I was going to change anything about the unit I would have made the outside lid screw on rather than pop on. It seems the one, very minor, weakness of the unit.

I'm absolutely satisfied with the Nova and wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to explore edibles or anything requiring dercarboxylation.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      A latch would work, good point about the air circulation! Yea, the light is very intuitive, I just found it a bit odd that they went to expense of a nice color manual and left that last part out, lol..

There may be a point in time before "cold" that you can start a second batch. I know I did the kief and went to start a some bud right away and when I went to start it it wouldn't. I noticed that the light wasn't all green but had a touch of red. I unplugged it and went and did some stuff came back and it was cold, plugged it in, all green and everything worked fine.

My assumption is that the sensors keep you from starting if it's still hot so as to not mess up the heat/time ratio or just to keep from burning up the elements.
      Last edited by GanjaGed; 12-01-2017, 08:22 AM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      As soon as I see the green light, I know the process is over and I can open it. I haven't had any problem starting another batch right away.

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting

I was reading on ardent site about putting it under your tongue
    does anybody know where to get the packets they are using or something similar
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I've just put a piece of bud under my tongue and let it sit there for a good while, then removed it. I didn't feel anything; I have to try again, but it wasn't nasty or anything.

Anyone considering picking one of these beauties up, I was emailed a discount code -- use WINTER for $45 off.
    My first grow

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many of us have bought them, there fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Aloner, that sounds like a great Christmas present, I'll have to leave that picture laying around, so the right person might see it.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey DAAS put it on her coffee cup why be suttle lol

Man o man I want one of these sooo bad !
    Maybe if I get a Christmas bonus at work.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They are on sale again. See Aloner's post above.

I got on the email list when you first posted the link for ardent. So I got the discount too. I just have to wait until the money is there. It is priced well it seems. I just need to save up. Damn budgets lol.

This and the tester would be great to have for consistently dosed meds. Ooh I can't wait.

Comment

Has anybody decarbed trimmings?
    and if so how did it go
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also You want to watch the synergistic effects between alcohol and cannabis. Ive heard its easier to drink then do cannabis than to do cannabis then drink. Ive noticed on nights I have to much to drink if i take cannabis first thing in the morning it intensifies my " uncomfortable feelings" not that it happens often but hey....it happens. Also I quit drinking regularly , once for 10 years and often for 6 months to a year at a time and the cannabis seems to be more effective when Im not drinking. Maybe its just me. Not proud to admit all this stuff but just trying to help other people.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Dutchman, each one of us has to figure out what works for us, from grow style to strains to forms of inhalation/ingestion. I'm really fascinated by everything I'm learning.

Doug Rushkoff wrote an essay called "Cannabis: Stealth Goddess" in a great book (here's a little info but the link to his essay is worthless). Basically, he says that if we allow her to, cannabis leads our consciousness out of all the mazes we often feel stuck in. So I don't just wanna get high: I want to gain much insight into many things about that fked up world out there and into myself.

I'm hoping that the CBD strains will add an entire new dimension to my understanding and experience of "the stealth goddess."

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I pray you find your Nirvana ATU.

I think I asked this before ATU... with the ardent machine I remember you said that one can cut a bud from the plant and decarb for immediate use. But can someone like oldjarhead100 comment on the taste in a joint. I remember ATU said it tastes great vapped. I'm a 2 joints, then smoke 2 more kinda guy.
    I know anyone that can save a lb of roaches smokes a few doobies. Lol
    Thanks again Alltatup for your investigation into the unknowns of our wonderful plant.
    Cheers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      My friends smoked some decarb in my bubbler bong and said it was smooth (we were using hemp wick).

Cali, I went ahead and decarbed all the buds from my last harvest, and put them in jars with 65% bovedas (since they come out of the NOVA at a low RH (can't remember the number offhand--maybe 57-60%). Next time I'll write it down when I decarb fresh bud. But it made sense to me at the time to put a slightly higher RH in there with those buds, and I think they like it.

I really don't know whether this is subjectivity or objectivity, but 4-5 weeks after decarbing, in cool, dark jars with 65 bovedas, the perfume is wonderful when I open a jar. The buds are nice and maleable, and the high is very good. I can still see sparkling trichomes on some of the buds.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATU when you do a fresh bud does it come out dry or wet and limp cause thats how mine comes out I would have to decarb it 3 or 4 times to get it dry enough to roll a j with it now putting it in a bowl might work
      just dont have a clean pipe right now lol

we had our family Chrismas party and a cousin said he had 5 gallons of 160 proof moonshine that he is looking to get rid of 160 proof should work for tinctures right
    I mean will I have to change the procedure also I dont know how it will taste but if its free who cares lol

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, it will work, it just won't be quite as strong as the 190 proof because of the higher % of water present. The water will pull out some stuff, like more chlorophyl, while the alcohol only infuses the good stuff.

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, Save it till I get there in a couple of weeks. I can show ya how to use that moonshine so the water in the shine doesn't bleed out chlorophyll. We can make some nice golden dragon !

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds good Ducthman

Got my Lift yesterday. Which was a bit of a surprise as I ordered a Nova. First test with fresh cut flower has made a very positive impression. Much stronger effects than I've been getting with my digital/hot oil technique.
    I chewed a 2 gram bud with a cookie chaser. Less than an hour later, full body come on. Then pleasant couch lock. Also very smooth to vape with strong effects.
    Will be continuing tests today, tomorrow and beyond.

I was getting good results with my home made set up, but it was also inconsistent. Some batches were kick ass, others were disappointing. Flower coming out of the same jar. So I felt like I was wasting. Found a discount number online (they are all over if you look), which paid for the expedited freight. $30 coupon, $25 expedited freight.
    One odd feature is that the Nova can only be shipped to certain states. The Lift has to be shipped to other states. I was sent a Lift, out of MA.
    Haven't bumped into warranty information yet.

Edit: It comes with a one year warranty. Be sure to save all packaging and everything else (like the plug cover), just in case you need to return.
    Last edited by Jason; 02-03-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that link. All I care about is functionality and that seems to be there. Just decarb'd a second batch and will taste later today. Maybe sooner than later. : )

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, mine is called a Lift, but it's the same as the Nova. Jeff Sessions is the only one who doesn't know...

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they rebranded to be able to ship to all states. Once your product is associated with cannabis it can’t cross state lines where cannabis and manufacture of cannabis consumables is legal. Least that’s what I was told.

hey, folks, I got mine about a month ago and have been using it to make edibles only. So much easier and lots less smell. I also really like that I can turn it on and go do something else, even leave the house because it only gets to one temp and turns itself off. Love that. alltatup_ thanks for the link to this awesome machine! I haven't tried using fresh bud yet and haven't tried smoking it either but am going to after reading these threads. I have also found that using 190 proof works better than 90-150 proof. I'm getting the best results_in terms of strength and flavor from using decarbed dry ice keif/hash than bud- its stronger so you have to use less (HA, depending on how high you want to get or not) and also much less taste. Its also worked really well for tinctures as well as butter/oil. Also cool that you can just put the keif/hash directly into whatever you're making_it is so fine its hard to tell there is any
    weed" in it. Thanks to everyone above for all the ways they've been using it_ gonna try some of those out too_especialy vaping_ haven't tried that yet or using newly harvested bud.Cheers to all!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      ZigZag. I' m really glad that you like it. It' completely changed my repertoire too!!!

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear you are getting results like everybody else. I've used fresh cut flower and it turns out great. Vapes very smooth. Useful for all other applications.
      I think I'm moving toward screening some hash out of this stuff after its been decarbed. Some of that in hard candy could be tolerable. : )
      Don't forget to Lift your cuttings! Now waiting for mine to end a cycle.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X