No announcement yet.

Decarboxylator machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just vaped some Lithium OG Kush for the first time; it came out of the decarb machine moist and fragrant and a beautiful color--I harvested it a couple of days agol; it was still hanging and drying. So I decarbed it almost fresh, which you can do the same as waiting for it to dry. That's a PRO.

The LOGK is great, very relaxing and a nice head high, not toward the psychadelic end of the spectrum, but more toward the floating-on-a-cloud end. Nice and indica-esque. Very mild and delicious. PRO: Decarbed herb does vape smooth.

I'm waiting to see what the RH is of fresh herb decarbed, so it's in a jar with a hygrometer. This gadget is fabulous, I dig it a lot. (The LOGK is also very nice.)

I can try all 6 of my just-harvested strains, one per day, just decarbing a bit of it. How cool is that?

I want to decarb some of my Purple Haze x Malawi (harvested in early August) and vape it, to see if it's any different from just vaping it.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta love that NOVA. 8-)

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I found that it dried the bud out when I did the bud that has already been cured but te bud I cut to try came out with some moisture in it still .
      so have you decarbed some stored bud yet what did you think , Im asking because it really dried mine and I want to know if its supposed to
      Other than that I love it easy to use ,ive done two different strains and all my hash

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 I haven't decarbed properly cured bud yet; may try this afternoon after work. I'd just put it back in the jar with a Boveda 62 pack (I put one of those in each stored jar).

I just loved the effect of the decarbed Lithium OG Kush, really great.
      Last edited by alltatup; 11-15-2017, 12:20 PM.

FYI: FRESH decarbed herb comes out of the Nova at around 65% RH. I've got what I decarbed last night in a jar and a hygrometer, and I'm going to follow the same protocol I do with dried and curing herb: let the RH get to 62%, put in a Boveda and see if it cures. I've also got questions in at Ardent about this.
    Last edited by alltatup; 11-24-2017, 03:15 PM. Reason: Fresh vs. cured bud
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

oldjarhead100 , this is from an article about decarboxylation, "decarboxylation is a chemical reaction where the COOH carboxyl group of atoms are removed from the cannabis, exiting in the form of H2O and CO2, (water and carbon dioxide)". I don't think the actually decarboxylation reaction removes any water but the required heat will cause some of the water to vaporize. maybe if you left the material sealed in the container, the material would eventually rehydrate.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks ron ,I think I will send Ardent a email and ask them ,just to make sure its working correctly, I do love the little thing though lol

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        When I put fresh bud in the NOVA, there is moisture condensed on the inside of the lid when the process is over. I really love to vape the fresh decarbed bud!!!!

I love the NOVA: I think it is a fantastic machine. I have decarbed 3 different strains from my current harvest and they all vape great. I wasn't able to do all the things I wanted to do because of work this week, but TGIF.

I am very glad I invested in it, and right now the best part is being able to take just-harvested bud, decarb it and vape it. This machine would definitely be helpful on future grows for trying to figure out whether to harvest now or later, because all I'd have to do would be to decarb a little bit and I'd get a completely accurate assessment of the bud at that point.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about pulling the trigger on the Nova: today is the last day to get in on the "pre-order" price of $190, according to an email I got from Ardent. When I ordered mine last week I was able to stack that discounted price with a $30 off code that I found here, bringing the price down to $160.
        My first grow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You are gonna love it, Aloner!!!!

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Trying to temper my expectations but it's difficult not to get excited about it.

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got an email from Ardent saying to use checkout code DECARB2017 to get "the lowest possible price". (If it brings it down below $160 don't tell me lol). Sale ends tonight at midnight (guessing they mean Eastern Time).

Can't wait for mine to get here! Glad to see so many great reviews

Now to try and catch-up on what I've missed since I was last active, lol
        The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I just vaped some Iced Grapefruit that I had decarbed with a buddy, and he said he never vaped anything that tasted so good. You really get all the terpenes; I absolutely love fresh herb decarbed. Plus it was a cerebral and relaxing high, perfect for Fri afternoon.

Comment

perfect great way to start the weekend
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

"Out for delivery" -- yesssss!
              My first grow

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                @GanjaGed

Aloner is correct; the shipment date was Nov. 20.

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                woot, just got the ship notification!

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet, Ged! Mine was delivered on schedule but, disappointingly, I won't be able to play around with it until after Turkey Day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	147388Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	147389Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	147390

Here are some pics of the C99 I just decarbed this morning: you can see that with careful handling, those lil trichomes are safe and happy!!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Great pictures Alltatup, is that what they look like after you decarbed them ?
                If you wanted to could you still smoke a joint with it and still catch a good buzz ?
                Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-21-2017, 08:47 AM.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                DAAS decarbing it makes it excellent for smoking/vaping.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Alltatup, it sure looks like it would do a good job.

looks yummy
              i'm still waiting for mine it is in limbo they are looking for it
              hopefully it gets straightened out soon

they said something about being out of country
              4'x 6' x 8' room
              2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
              sunshine mix #4
              mega crop nutes
              current grow
              cd-1
              jack herer
              afghan kush
              green doctor

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope it comes soon Camk!!!

With mine on the way I've started looking closely at the magical butter machine, which does way more than make butter, lol. I'm almost surely going to order one when I get paid, the 2 machines pair so well and offer so many options to smoking, which I'm really feeling the desire to move away.

Don't forget both machines use kief as well. Kief should reduce the chlorophyll/pant taste in the finished product. I'm also going to do some water curing to see how that compares with regular dry/cure methods in these types of uses.

Some of the things I'm looking forward to:

Ground decarded bud sprinkled over things like salads/soups
              Canna-smoothies
              Cannabis E juice both with and without nicotine. I replaced cigs with a vape, lol
              Topicals
              Canna-coco
              Gummies
              Mixed into my home-made herbed cream cheese spread
              infused honey

NebulaHaze is it possible to get a dedicated thread for recipes and related topics? I'd be happy to moderate or help in any way you need to make it happen and minimize any additional work for you and Sirius.
              The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                A thread for recipes sounds like a great idea ! Ive made gummies , Chocolates, caramels and honey. I used cannabis oil I made in all of them.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                GGed, Just start a new topic called RECIPES!!!

• NebulaHaze
                NebulaHaze commented
                Editing a comment
                I highly encourage you to start a thread! That sounds like it could be useful and fun

Originally posted by Aloner View Post
              Just a heads up for anyone thinking about pulling the trigger on the Nova: today is the last day to get in on the "pre-order" price of $190, according to an email I got from Ardent. When I ordered mine last week I was able to stack that discounted price with a $30 off code that I found here, bringing the price down to $160.
              I cant afford it as I am paying off my Volcano!

Comment

alltatup I was wondering, how strong is the smell when you're using the machine? I was curious if it smelled less than decarboxylating in the oven.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NebulaHaze

My experience is not the same: when I decarb fresh buds, there's a delightful aroma in the kitchen, but not overwhelming.

I am having so much fun with this machine. I decarbed most of my recent harvest and the buds are in jars with Bovedas. On the Nova website, they compare decarbed fresh buds to fresh vs. dried flowers. Makes me wonder what one of your roses would smell like decarbed... ;-} Plus I have two tinctures in the freezer.

I have asked Ardent a couple of times if the bud continues to cure after it's decarbed, but haven't received an answer. My assumption is that some curing will occur, because fresh bud comes out of the Nova at around 60-64% humidity. Or is curing not possible any longer?
                  Last edited by alltatup; 11-23-2017, 04:48 AM.

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure about curing. I've always been sort of taught that quick drying buds will stop further curing, but I've never done any experiments on it myself, and in those cases the moisture inside is gone. Your buds still have the proper moisture inside.

Part of the confusion is even growers aren't 100% sure why curing has the effect it does. I think you may be the first person I know to try curing buds like this, and I'm very interested to hear how it goes for you

• TheGreenGiggler
                  TheGreenGiggler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The seal isn’t perfect, but it helps. The lid can pop from time to time and you don’t want to touch it while in operation. There is some heat involved and you don’t want to burn yourself. Just the inside of the unit. The outside is safe to touch. I was resting it in a larger cardboard container to keep any additional smell from escaping. Because it was minimal this does the trick.

I received a response from Miriam at Ardent about curing and decarbing. She agrees that it's very important to store decarbed bud the same way as curing bud, but she wrote that they have no long-term research done on when decarbed bud begins to lose potency.

So I hope to be able to provide some information about long-term storage of decarbed bud, if it sticks around that long...

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol if...

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The hardest part about doing tests on curing is the buds always seem to run out before the end of the experiment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X