• Show
Clear All

Yay!!! Can't wait for a report.

Madman

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      After waiting for all these weeks, I'm really excited. I have used the time waiting to get a lot of research done. The very first thing I want to try is a small piece of decarbed Cannatonic under the tongue!!!

Ardent texted me it will ship in Am so yours probably already has
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

my ardent has shipped
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine will be here today. Making tincture Monday.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I am drying all my trim in paper bags; will make tincture next week as well. ;-}

I was going to wait until you guys reported back but I just succumbed to a delayed impulse buy. Even if it's not as great as they claim, as long as it works it should be worth the expense.

Now I have to decide -- decarb the trim or make dry ice hash and then decarb that? (Or, of course, "why not both?".)
      My first grow

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
        GreenDragonRon commented
        Editing a comment
        I made dry ice hash first and then turned it into tincture my last run and I liked it.

It made decarbing and extracting with Everclear easier as it was less volume to deal with. Only thing is, I think there were plenty of trichomes left, I had a quick look at the spent material after my shakes. I think Everclear extraction is a more effective method.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenDragonRon Thanks for that info. I appreciate knowing that someone else has done it!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, good to hear!

Got my NOVA today. Looks cool. Will report back monday after I make tincture.

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was your idea Alltatup, thanks !

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome!! I'm still green with envy, but I'm also happy for you!! ;-}

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yours is on its way !

Sooooo I couldnt wait so I decarboxylated about a half ounce of Painkiller XL with the NOVA. Its a 1/1 THC, CBD mix designed for pain management among other things. It came out absolutely perfect color and texture for all the pieces, even those in the center. No smell throughout the cooking( about 90 minutes), Some smell on opening it,No surprise there. Its now soaking in Everclear overnight.To be continued........

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! You know that you can just stick a little piece under your tongue and get effects, right?

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya, just hard to get the proper dose that way. I tend to have a low tolerance.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just read up on PK XL: sounds fabulous. I'm so glad they are bringing out all these new strains!!!

So what do You guys think about that Ardent after having a few weeks to test it? Dutchman1_ how'd the tincture turn out?
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine hasn't arrived yet; Dutchman's the first one to get his...

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It decarboxylated the cannabis perfectly in about 90 minutes ZigZag. I should have taken a picture. Allatup will be making some and maybe will post a picture.
        Last edited by Dutchman1; 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM.

1/2 oz of cannabis, 10 oz of everclear, soaked overnight with a shake now and then. Fan reducing as I type in the rectangular pyrex container.
      Last edited by Dutchman1; 11-13-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

very nice dutchman1 i cant wait till mine shows
        4'x 6' x 8' room
        2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
        sunshine mix #4
        mega crop nutes
        current grow
        cd-1
        jack herer
        afghan kush
        green doctor

Comment

Looks like Golden Tiger. Anxious to hear reports.
          Of the 10 oz of EverClear, how much did you recover? What kind of press did you use?
          I use a little garlic press. Its a bit of pain as its small, but very effective.
          How easy is it to get the oil or tar off the glass? I used a Teflon BHO pan of sorts and its still a pain to scrape it off.

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I recover none of the everclear as Im just blowing a fan over it. I dont press any of it as Im trying to get the trichomes only. I dont want fine material or chlorophyll in the oil. I dont reduce it as far as you do Jason. I reduced 12 oz of liquid to about 3 oz ( took about 2 hours). Since there is still a few ozs of alcohol left its easy to scrape off the side glass while swirling the remaining alcohol. Then I just pour it into a 4 OZ bottle while scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula to get all of it.Then I add about a teaspoon of glycerin and about an ounce of water and and 4 or 5 drops of Tangerine flavoring.
            Normally I have it in a bottle with an eye dropper for precise dosing but this time I put it in a 4 OZ spray bottle. I took two sprays and Im comfortably baked with no pain.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!!! Fast medicine!!!

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I have you to thank alltlatup. Thanks for the tip on the machine.

Ya, Im so happy alltatup, I couldn't have asked for a smoother process. Ill never decarboxylate in the oven again and ill never boil alcohol ( dangerous) on the stove again. The fan reduction took about as long as it usually takes me to boil it off. 2 hours per 10-12 ounces of liquid.. It reduces the chances of burning off the " good stuff" by a huge factor by fan reducing the volume.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You can't burn off any of the good stuff with this method!

Dutchman, I don't understand the vegetable glycerin thing: what does that do for the tincture? Does it thin it?

And.... so 14 grams of cannabis, and it sounds like you end up with around 4 oz of medicine; how many drops do you take? I know that 4 oz is a lot of drops!!!

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glycerin is to keep the resin from sticking to the eye dropper and side of the bottle.I found it did with just water and much less so with a little glycerin in there. The water is to thin it. My dose is usually about 10 drops ( 1/2 milliliter). Its pretty concentrated but then Im fairly low tolerance so dont need much. My friends take a half a dropper full to a full dropper full. 20-30 drops and sometimes even more. Also the cannabis Im using is fairly low THC as its a 1-1 THC-CBD. 9%THC 9% CBD.

mine arrived and I ran two cycles of bud . I didn't try it yet was to stoned last night and its 520 am right now lol but Im planing on trying it soon

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!! Can't wait to get home from work today!!!

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Trouble sleeping OJH ?

Thanks for posting your technique. That would definitely result in some very powerful medicine.
          Of the 10 oz of EverClear you started with, how much goes into the glass pan?
          I sometimes reduce it down to tar or don't reduce at all and drink (mixed).
          Good to know what glycerin does to viscosity and handling. I have some, but never used it.

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            About 9 ounces so I lose about 1 ounce by not pressing it. I end up with 3 or 4 after reducing. I try for 2/3 to 3/4 reduction just to make it more concentrated. You could use it just as is in a drink as you mentioned.

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I generally dont measure how much everclear. I just put the herb in a mason jar and cover it to about 1 inch above the material. If i have more weed then i get more tincture. I also do a "second wash" as previously mentioned in this thread. Its much weaker but still effective enough for me at a higher dose..

My machine was waiting for me when I got home from work: brightened my day way the hell up!!! I immediately decarbed the small harvest of Cannatonic I was drying, and now there is some Lithium OG Kush in there, which I plan on vaping when it's done. I have next week off work, so I will be concocting all kinds of medicines and potions then!!!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so glad you finally got it , i want one bad but I'm waiting on your final verdict,

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome alltatup_ I just got an email that mine was on the way too! Can't wait to try it out_ gonna take a look at the rest of the posts here when I get back from dinner.
            I also just got a rosin press and am having fun with that and really want to try making some tinctures with the Everclear. Hope you all are having fun and cheers to all for the Holiday season!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            ZigZag You will love it. It is one amazing machine.

YAY alltatup !!! Cant wait to hear what you think and what you make.

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, what he said!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X