X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    No master grower or expert has gotten away without
    Yelling this phrase at least once. You are in good company my friend hang in there.

BTW...I'm not suggesting that I'm by any means an expert or master.

• Daskahn
    commented on 's reply
    Told you 5 inches it's what I used I don't have that problem but I think I have more weight below then I do above lol so sorry about your problems though I know it can be real frustrating

• ellz
    replied
    08/28/2017:

Pulled the last of my Rug Burn OG for being a f'ing hermie! I am pretty pissed right about now! I have spent tons of money on this shit and have only two failed plants and two bushy-as-f-ck plants to show for it! GRRRRR! MONEY DOWN THE F'KING DRAIN! Anyway, repositioned the White Poison res with both plants right under the light. The stalks are so long they are touching the damn light so I have to deal with that now!

08/29/2017: Checked on the last of my two plants and they are both sagging to the damn right side! Never again will I grow cannabis in a 3.75" net pot! They need to revise that part on this site! WAY TOO F'ING SMALL!!!!!! Once weight kicks in, you can expect my problems! If you go with a small net pot (or basically any net pot for that matter) put some screws and washers to hold it down and save yourself hassle later! Photos of the cluster f-ck I am dealing with below along with "progress" pics (I guess I am a leaf harvester with this crap!)

Leave a comment:

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    Damn what happen?

• ellz
    replied
    Man fuck this grow!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    What he said!!!!!

• JohnC
    commented on 's reply
    @eliz - You only need to miss one sac and it could end up pollinating your entire crop. I would just cut your losses and pull the plant.

• Californiakid
    replied
    Tough call. You could go through and cut out the sacs as they pop up. Or remove entire stalks as you mentioned. You have the benefit of an actual herm (pollen sacks which have to open to release the pollen) as opposed to bananas. In theory you can catch 'em before they open unlike a banana that doesn't open just starts spewing pollen when ready.

If you miss a sack it spews pollen. You have to decide. Are you a gambling man? I'm too new to deal with all that. If it were me ... 86 that herm.
    Cheers
    Californiakid

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Do you think I could cut off all the stalks with the pollen sacks and try to save the rest of the plant? There are some stalks with no sacks at all.

• Californiakid
    replied
    Damn ! Sure is...sorry ellz. You got some balls there.☠

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    08/27/2017:

09:30PM: Bad news today....I think my last Rug Burn OG may be a hermie! I am really upset if it is because that was the stronger of the two strains and the one I really wanted to grow. I have attached photos below to see what others think but I am pretty sure those are pollen sacs growing with the calyxes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rug Burn OG Day 55-02.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	128668

Name:	Rug Burn OG Day 55-01.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	128669

Name:	Rug Burn OG Day 55-03.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	944.8 KB
ID:	128670

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I am considering defoliating the White Poison plants if they get any bushier but the reflective walls are still getting light all around the plant even with the leaves so I have been holding off as long as I can without pulling any of them. That being said, if I have to remove any I am not opposed to it. I was just curious to see how it would do without defoliating. I did one round of defol back on day 37 and have removed maybe 4 or 5 more leaves since then but other than that I have been checking under the main canopy to make sure growth is happening and have been tucking leaves where I can to improve the light distribution.

Drawing was done in MS Paint believe it or not, lol. I love that program for illustrations.
    Last edited by ellz; 08-27-2017, 02:36 PM.

• oldskinflint
    commented on 's reply
    The drain is a good idea. One of the surprises about DWC is the amount of water that will need to be transferred/changed. The ideal temp for the root zone is between 60 and 65. At this temp bad stuff has a tough time growing and the cold water can hold more oxygen. There is a formula that would determine how much cooling power would be needed to maintain 62 degrees at a given ambient temp and area of exposure to the ambient air, and the difference between to two. Your excellent drawing clearly show two things. The most that can be circulated though the system is 12 GPH, so the pump may be a little over capacity. The main thing is that the lowest temp that can be achieved is the ambient room temp. Maybe a little more because of the heat from the motor. Some form of mechanical cooling is needed. How much is determined by the external factors of ambient temp and insulation around both the grow area and the reservoir. I am currently using an apt size frig for my cooling source. The room is maintained between 72-77.

• Sheesh
    replied
    Hi Ellz, So that is what they mean by Hydro growing fast! Great journal, you can really see the day to day growth! Are you considering some defoliation to open up some bud sites and airflow? Or, just gonna let them grow natural? I have borderline humidity on my grow so we defoliate regularly. BTW, that drawing looks great. Is that done with Visio?

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    08/25/2017:

09:30PM: Added about 3.5 gallons of pHed, HydroGuard water (I also added 1 TSP of Cal/Mag to the 5 gallon container) to the White Poison reservoir and 1.5 gallon to the Rug Burn OG reservoir. Plants are starting to bud up all around! The Rug Burn OG is doing better but it has more light hitting the bud sites. The White Poisons are still doing okay but the leaves are MASSIVE! Many larger than my hand and I am a big guy! Progress photo below.

08/26/2017:

06:30PM: Okay these things are going crazy! The White Poison is now almost touching my ducting in one place!! Good thing I flowered them when I did or they would be way too large for this cabinet! I have my light almost to the max height and I have had to wrap the fly paper thing around the top so it doesn't snag any plants! The bud sites are all filling in nicely. I have attached a few photos from today below. Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X