Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graff420
    replied
    So you take the whole lid off i only pop the lid and slide it slightly to the side but imma make a pactch to put on mine next time the holes i had to cut for the net pots imma but 4 or 5 lids so i can cut some 5" holes out of another lid then with the 5" pastic circles imma screw them over my net pot imma put some 2" holes in it for the plant to grow throw but the 5" plastice will hold my net pot sercurely to the lid without letting it lean at all this is what i mean tho use the left over plastic from cutting the 5" holes place it over the 3.75" net pots to hug the net pot between the plastic peices hope this helps but all you need is another sterilite lid cut 5" peices out cut a 2" hole in the midde then cut in half so you can get it around your net pots now and screw them in but like the pic i posted just made way better lmao sorry that is the best way i can think so you can remove your lid but also it wont allow the net pots to tilt in any direction

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    So update...I turned the reservoir around 180º so that the plants weren't leaning into the door but instead leaning against the back of the cabinet. I tied up one stalk with the thick plant ties I have so I will see how long that lasts. And like I mentioned earlier, the latest problem is that new growth is dying off. I imagine the stress from trying to save it has likely harmed it more. I think I may just pull this grow and start over when my new seeds arrive. I will definitely be doing everything different next time...that is for sure! Here is how it looks after doing that...

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I tried to hold them up but it causes the plants touching it to die. That is why a lot of the new growth in parts is dead I think...from leaning against the wall.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    But in doing that I limit being able to open the lid to my reservoir for nutrient changes.

• JohnC
    replied
    ellz - You have lots of places at the top of your cabinet where you can attach string / twine. Use that to "pull" your branches upright / suspend them from above.

I've of read many cases where people had put their plants into flowering and then didn't know what to do when the weight of the buds pulled their branches over. Tying branches up from above has always been a common practice.

Leave a comment:

• Daskahn
    replied
    Ok so this may be a very crude and ugly solution but can you take a board or other peice or wood and prop them up?

Leave a comment:

• Daskahn
    commented on 's reply
    Well even the best of the best learn a thing or two from time to time.. just chop this up as a learning experience.. even with the small cups you still have an awesome grow..

Hope this cheers you up my first grow in 2006 went as follows.. grew in my closet
    First plant made it to about 4 inches before wilting and dieing
    Second attempt was to long so I pulled it not knowing it was a light issue(I feared looking anything up)
    3rd attempt (moved plant closer to the light)
    Started growing nicely so I added a second continued to grow nicely
    Two weeks into flower my gf desired to see someone who wanted kids right away.. we broke up
    She then got jealous I was seeing someone else too so she put the plants down the garbage disposal..

4th grow did good under led lights when I switched to hps(I was using a small grow box but bought a large new grow light and fixture 600w hps no fan attached) the heat was to much for my small grow box fan so the heat stress plus a possible nutrition problem killed the plants
    Grows 5-10 all supervised with very little hands on(pretty much I could just oo and aww and trim, water was all automated nutes were mixed by the grower (I received very little of these..) but they were awesome
    Grow 11 (first out doors) Heavy thunderstorm
    Grow 12 (again outdoors) dear ate or stomped most of it (five plants 2weeks into flower) didn't know deer ate weed.. hope they had an awesome night.. or day could have been morning.
    Back to indoor growing (moved)
    grow 13 fire marchal paid a visit
    grow 14 I finally get to flowering and everything seems to be going okish.. I have to move and probably will end up harvesting early...
    I am the most experienced worst grower in the world

Overall been growing for like combined ten years and haven't had a successful harvest of my own.. I've probably learned enough to be a kingpin but haven't actually done much of it myself so I'm not sure it'll actually work
    If anything I hope this cheered you up
    Last edited by Daskahn; 08-31-2017, 11:12 AM.

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Man shit wtf, and the last thing I'm trying to do is be a smartass Ellz. I learned my lesson trying to grow your way long long ago , and did throw or gave away all my growing shit. Now I continue to grow outdoors but all of my indoor grows I use nothing but KindSoil and Water and have never slept better. Real Real Easy Way to grow, plus you don't have to kill everybody in your neighborhood .Wish you the best.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 08-31-2017, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sheesh
    replied
    Ellz, this may be too radical and kill the plants but I'll throw it out there anyhow. Can you significantly prune them to decrease size and weight? Cut a bunch of branches off so they're manageable? If you can get them trimmed way down and supported they may go on to produce something for all the work you have invested.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    What he said.

• IanHale
    replied
    Don't give up man.

I dont know know how many grows you've done.

im on my first...we even started our grows on the same day.

this is a learning experience. I've made a shit ton of mistakes, damaged my plants, almost let the reservoir run dry (only once though), fucked up the light cycle, over nutriented,

ive taken notes...kept my grow journal, and tried not to stress too hard over the end result.

ill know in about 5 weeks.

My suggestion is to figure out a way to support your colas from above.

And relax...whatever you get from the grow is more than you had plus the knowledge you've earned

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Every time I go out to check on the plant I get more and more angry! I tried to tie some of the stalks to the lid and it ended up causing them to lean against the door now so just opening and closing harms them. Plus, I noticed several places where the new leaves are dying! I am so over this bullshit! I am about to cut the whole thing down once and for all and be done with this shit!

Leave a comment:

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    Yea iv found a way to control the lean of my girl seems to be working good right now but shes also not near that big but iv got the plant ties in the # type shape with my plant in the middle so if i need to control the way she swings i just tie her out on the tic tac toe style wires i put around her if i come at her from all 4 sides then i can control the angle she sits along with giveing her extra stabilty imma also reasearch great ways to help you get yours surcure give me till morning only 11 pm here so iv got all night and im bored af

• ellz
    replied
    08/30/2017: Both plants are leaning over to the right. I have a screw holding each net pot down but the stalks are too long. There is a large bulk almost on the ground now so I am basically about to lose my shit and destroy this whole damn grow and be done with it for good! I swear it would have just been cheaper to buy weed at their outrageous prices than to go through this bullshit!

I finally got around to changing the water. I filled it up yesterday but didn't put it in until today. I am so over this crap I didn't even check the pH. I really don't care what happens any more! I know I could tie them to the walls some how but then how do I do nutrient changes?! I can tie them to the lid but the weight will likely pull the top off the reservoir! I am just screwed.

Pics below...

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I can't change it now. All I can do is go forward.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X