• Show
Clear All

• Daskahn
    replied
    Good to hear we didn't lose you.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Okay...I am over my frustration and will just stick this grow out through the end. I have learned a lot from it and will most likely at least have something to show at the end of the whole thing so I apologize for the negativity earlier and I hope you will all forgive me.

As for my next grow, below are a few photos of my new reservoir with the water level indicator installed. I used a bulkhead with a 1/2" threaded barbed elbow installed and a blue translucent tube. The water level will only start showing when the reservoir is around a quarter of the way full (which is about 4-5 gallons) but basically this is just a way to see when the water is getting too low and add as needed. I plan on using a Sharpie and marking the tube at each gallon interval I can and I will probably put a white zip tie around the max fill line so it's easy to spot.

Just have to finish leak testing the bulkhead and then it's on to working on the rest of it.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Just updating....things have improved somehow since rotating the plant around. I don't know what I did but it must have been the right thing because most of the plant is sticking up straight again! I have no idea what is going on but I will just go with it! Sorry for the anger. I am over it now everyone!

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I had considered doing that as a last resort...cutting down the weight. Since rotating the reservoir around, things have improved somehow! My most recent photos show the plant is almost standing up straight everywhere! I don't know how turning it saved it but somehow it helped a lot! I am not giving up...just had to get that anger out of my system so I can finish this thing out and get started on my next grow with all the improvements.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I am making the necessary changes for my next grow. Soil would be much easier for sure, and there are no worries about pots leaning over with that! All of my previous grows were in soil so this is my first attempt at DWC. I am very impressed with the growth rate so I plan on trying a few more grows and seeing if I can perfect it but if I have to, I will go back to soil like before. Thanks for the input. I am not giving up on this grow...gonna stick it out through the end.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks IanHale and alltatup. I am sticking it out through the end and will make changes next grow round.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Graff420 I have since rotated the reservoir around and the lean is a little less than before. I also tied one main stalk to the lid and that pulled up a few more with it. My next grow will have more options for tying the plants off since I learned that I need that option later in the grow. Thank you for your input!

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Daskahn I am going with 6 inch pots on my next grow and they will be secured down with screws and probably wood tabs.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks @Californiakid....you are correct. Every grow has that moment with me, lol. Thanks again for helping me to calm down.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Thanks. I am not giving up on it. I have made my mind up to stick it out through the end and I have also decided to just calm down and not get too stressed over this. It's my first DWC grow so I have to stop being so hard on myself for things I didn't know. Again, thanks for helping me regain my composure.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I am not going to give up.

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    No problem just dont want you giveing up i w wanna see what them look like when they get to harvest

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Don't give up on this grow; you will harvest some bud for sure. And ellz: try to avoid taking negative energy/anger into the grow room with you; it's bad for you and for the plants. Find the solution; don't stew in the problem.

• ellz
    replied
    08/31/2017:

10:30PM: Here are today's photos of how it's going...

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Good info, thanks!
    It won't let me like your post, but I do.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X