No announcement yet.

Temp humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done at least a dozen grows in New Mexico, where there simply aren't a lot of months which don't get into at least the 80s and stay above 60 at night. Very seldom have I lost a healthy plant due to temperature, and mostly they have yielded completely acceptable product. Lots of weed has always come from places south of the border, where it is probably much hotter than wherever you live. If you intend to grow in a hot climate, I suggest:

1. Get your plants used to higher temperatures from day one. They often have trouble adapting to big changes halfway through their lives. Larger roots take time to grow.
    2. Watch the water very carefully. Plants can dry out suddenly and won't survive even a short time if they do. As long as they have water, they will probably prosper.
    3. Obvious, but I'll say it: Run your lights at night when it is cooler, and use a fan (or three) to pull in some cooler night air.
    4. Sativa genes come mostly from tropical regions, so they tolerate heat better.
    5. Recommended concentrations for nutrients may need to be changed. Watch your plants and follow your judgement rather than 'standard' recommendations. They may need twice as much water when it is hot, but that doesn't mean they need twice as much nutrition.

Comment

Great advice thanks.
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Zativa
        Zativa commented
        Editing a comment
        Just went out and said good morning to my plants before their lights go out for the day. At 07:30, it is 91 degrees and 28% RH in the grow room. Everybody is doing fine, they are on 11 hour days right now, just waiting for their trichomes to turn golden. This is my first crop under LED lighting, and I'm impressed. Five healthy plants, four varieties, 30 to 70 inches tall growing in 4 gallon cat litter buckets of plain old cactus potting mix.

Cannabis is an extremely determined weed. I've seen it grow successfully and yield a very decent crop under far from ideal conditions. Nebula describes the very best conditions and methods, but when reality doesn't let you follow her advice as closely as you might wish, DON'T PANIC. Matching her results may be difficult, but getting 90+% in terms of end product is entirely possible under less-than-ideal conditions.

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much, my first indoor hydro grow . Funny I don't worry as much about my outdoor plants , just water and check for bugs. Thanks for reminder , it's called weed for a reason.

I know that if you get outside of the plant's comfort environment according to books, the plant spends more time fighting to cool itself and less time growing. One of the ways I get around hot temps is to use Yucca Root, as it is known to help plants with heat stress act like its not nearly as hot as it is, and I know it works because it is how I battle heat stress during the hot parts of the summer with all my plants.
      The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Great man thanks. Just a weird article I read figured someone would know.
        Bubbleponics
        Advanced platinum 450w
        hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Ok so I'm a complete dope. Had my lghts set on during the day and off at night. Dugh! Changed the timer. All that education and I can't figure that Its hotter during the day on an outside wall. Ha ha. I'm gonna blame it on over medication
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• PigSquishy
            PigSquishy commented
            Editing a comment
            Not just that its hotter during the daytime, but the electricity is also cheaper at certain periods of time of the day too... hence why when it comes to things like chillers some companies will store all their chilled water at night to use during the day to save on their electricity for cooling costs.

supplements containing silica and seaweed extracts can help a plant tolerate temperatures slightly above normal
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I am so gonna rock that beard. That's my doppelgänger! What a great site , thanks so much guys ,. The change worked night time is 74 so the day at 80 I think will be fine. WTer seems to be staying about 77. Holding ph and ppm fine.i use foxfarms products and just looked at sledgehammer , yucca extract! They said just use it for flush every 2 weeks. However if I go by the minimal 1/8 tsp per 5 gallons I read on plain yucca extract, I wonder.
          Thanks so much nice to have good help available.
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

As I remember the kush is over 100 all summer and nothing grows in the winter it's way too cold. And we'll it's the kush. So I had an auto thc bomb that was not doing well , and I can't kill a plant so I pulled it out of the hydro and stuck it , literally in the dirt.
            where's Waldo ?
            I realize in a grow room we are making chickens lay 3 eggs a day , but the amazing thing to me is they always find a way.
            Inside everyone is fine taking up their nutes and happy.
            Hope everyone has a good day.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool plant/plants!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              You can't fool me; that's crassula, I believe, not cannabis!!!

• PigSquishy
              PigSquishy commented
              Editing a comment
              Good call alltatup I have something very similar growing in my flower bed... " chicks and hens" I'd love to know what plant that is exactly, very beautiful, and wouldn't mind adding it to our flower beds

Speaking of weed that's why it in a pot . It will take over ! Sempervivium. Just really leggy. I have crasulla just below it , it's the trumpet type. Also a flowering Hoya or Hindu rope vine. All in that strawberry pot. Love succulents, they love the swamp.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, my bad, it's not a crassula, which is one of my favorite succulents. I've been growing succulents for decades too! They are so wise...

Ha Ha I had to look it up myself I forgot what I had planted! I grow hibiscus mostly, except for the 50 succulents , I'm like the animal rescue for succulents. If I see one somewhere that's neglected home it comes. When I meet some one new I always ask if the need a pup!. And the little auto thc bomb that could is still kickin in that pot. Too funny.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Capncanna There are my ceropegia, crassula and schlumbergera. In my office, I have a lot of members of the asclepiadaceae family. I've loved succulents for decades.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• OzBud
                OzBud commented
                Editing a comment
                chain of hearts. We've got some of them in our house.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                OzBud I just love them, and those big old balls they grow that can get huge!! And the amazing flowers!!!

Beautiful plants! This is by my side door.
              Bubbleponics
              Advanced platinum 450w
              hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Succulents kinda vibrate when they're happy, don't they...

• Capncanna
                Capncanna commented
                Editing a comment
                Your so right. I have that side of the house all suculants , well ok 3!hibiscus too, and when you turn the corner you can feel it. Had a century plant bloom last year . After it dropped the blooms it made pups on the stems. Hundreds of them . They just fall,of as little plants and keep growing. I of course put them in pots. Looks like a nursery over there. Lost my damn mind.
                I'll post some pics of my hydro grow on the other thread, I would appreciate you guys giving feedback.

Might I say you both have some very beautiful looking plants, and I'd love to show my beauties in turn, but all you'd see is dirt right now... mine all died after my brain injury and I couldn't care for them and nobody else seemed to know how too... So thank you for sharing yours, I will enjoy their beauty until I can get my own going again.
              The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• Capncanna
                Capncanna commented
                Editing a comment
                Great your on the mend! My wife has ALS so I feel your struggle.
                I had a friend who had brain damage and he was still 90 % smarter than anyone else. Sounds like you my friend , I'll send up a smoke signal for ya!

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                For you, Greenthumb, and Capncanna's wife: all my solidarity on this amazing journey that is human life.

• Capncanna
                Capncanna commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks alltatup, it's a crazy beautiful ride for sure.

Thanks man hope your feelin better.
              Bubbleponics
              Advanced platinum 450w
              hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X