No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it stopped but the old leaves still look bad, used a flashlight for art shots, Ha ha.
    I think it was a combo of things as usual. Ph , nute burn and who the fk knows!
    best lesson learned don't stress just fix it!
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
      Capncanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep checked leaves under the scope and it's still functioning a bit. Thanks everyone for your help and support. Don't know what to expect at this point. Hoping for big chuncky colas. Think I should add back in light nutes ?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely add your nutes back in when she's ready.

• Capncanna
      Capncanna commented
      Editing a comment
      The difference this morning is apparent. Bud growth is going to town. Ph is 5.6 plain water 72 degrees and 45 rh. I'm gonna add quarter nute tomorrow.
      Thanks all

Well the ph issue is solved and may have been the whole issue. Last res change I noticed the air stones were under the root ball. Moved em out into the open and ph is back to climbing as usual, of course I'm back to using nutes which helps too. Thanks GWE fam. Looks like I may have a decent harvest but not a super one. But bud is bud , bud!
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

That's kind of a vanished closet, you did a nice grow inside !

Comment

Thanks spacecat.
        Bubbleponics
        Advanced platinum 450w
        hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Capncanna,
          Great thread, nice room, beautiful girls. Not a grower yet, so...
          Regarding your humidity, and your use of tap water and your dehumidiier, could you use the water from the dehumidifier as a better form of water? I would bet that the ppm of the water would be under 30 pr so. Not sure if this better, but noticed that a MI grower uses his dehumid water to flush his plants. Just an idea. Peace all

Thanks , I though of it but I get 2 gal every few hours out of the unit. I live in a swamp! So it a little much. I'm gonna redo my room after this grow . Automate the ph and move all meters on the outside of the room etc.
        Bubbleponics
        Advanced platinum 450w
        hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Yeah, lived in Port Saint Lucie for a while, well aware of rh in sofla. My point is tds in condensate water is really low like 10-30 ppm. If you using nutes and low tds water thought it would help with ph issues. Looks like you got it solved, 👍 Peace

Comment

Was adding water to the res. And this little lower branchlet broke off. Trimmed her up and ok! That's a mini bic btw , all I had handy. It's gonna get quick dried, smoked, and results will get posted. Ph is looking good.
            Anyone used ion exchange resin? Had a flash back and remembered way back when it was used for water softning and all kinds of stuff. Looked it up and sure thing they still make it. It keeps ph 5.8 to 6.5. . Put it in an inline filter and bingo.
            Thats theoretically. May try it next time.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Ion exchange resin???? Gonna have to look that up.

Hope the early "windfall" smokes good!!! ;-}

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks @ alltatup , It's actually weak acid cation ion exchange resin. There are a few types . It is reusable as well. Small beads . We used it in experimental saltwater tanks for a few different things including ph. It can't hurt anything but it's a little expensive. By my calculations should be 1g per gal. Gonna find a filter to put it in. Maybe a new biz.😀 ha ha like I'm gonna work. I'll see if I can't find a paper on it. It's very cool stuff .

First ww , 9.5 oz wet. She was a little small. Gonna give the blue berry another few days. Tomorrow ww 2 comes down.
            Lots of good trim for butter! Chocolate chip cookies yum!
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Sheesh
              Sheesh commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks ATU, I think I'll DIY it if I need to . I have 3 strains in flower and one is supposed to be a fast finisher.

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup - the issue is resolved! Thanks for the input! I have it in a paper bag in a dark room. It's amazing how much it shrank since I chopped it 9 hours ago! I'm gonna have like 2 grams at best 😂😂😂

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Doubledealing72 Buy something real special for your wife during these trying times--like a real nice bottle of perfume!!! Seriously.

Hey Capncanna, drying in the dark is necessary to breakdown the chlorophyll iirc.
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for that! I guess my question is how dark? I've seen lots of drying in a barn. So an empty closet?

I use a paper grocery bag folded over. I hang that in my room with or without lights on. Just don't over fill the bag.
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              One fold and a binder clip. I put mine above the lights so not as bright. I'm sure there are many better ways. But this is what I McGyver'd

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the trini way me son! How we buy it down there! Bag full 12 bucks.
              Thanks

Ok using my drying rack setup. Moving it into a closet at night ,when lights are on in the grow room, then back in the room when it's lights out. That way it will get lo rh part of the day.😀 a few more days and the rest will get chopped and I can use the light time.
            I read something about harvesting indica early ? Anyone know about this?
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Harvesting indica early: that will give you the racier high, won't it? Of course, it depends on how early...

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what I thought but if it's couch lock weed then would it make it less body? I'm gonna wait , thanks I agree.

WW number 2 12.4 oz wet. This was the one with funky leaves. Man I see that I didn't defol worth a crap. Now I get it. Only had 2 really big colas over an oz . Lots of little buds. I guess the dry weight will be the test. Hoping for 5 oz out of all these. The bb looks bigger but that's a guess. Every step I learn how much I don't know.
            Thanks to all my GWE fam for always helping out . Wouldn't have been able to do this otherwise.
            Now to clean res number 1!
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Good learning, Capn!!! And have lotsa fun cleaning reservoirs!!!

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! Blueberry trimmed 27 oz wet! I'll take it. Genetics for sure. Tested the ww and its ok. Nothin to write home about but definantly not swag.
            The bb is so dank trimming was crazy almost needed a mask it was burning my eyes😂 some nice big colas and lots of little buds. Now to clean and redesign and get some more seeds planted. Oh know I'm grow crazy!
            i have 12 normal seeds of night nurse. Anyone plant regular seeds? Not sure how to do training if I'm gonna pitch the males.
            do I just do sog? I have 12 cups in my res.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Rosenthal says the top two things determining the quality of the bud are 1. genetics and 2. when you harvest (trichomes).

I re-did my grow room over the summer and basically stopped using it as a library, took out a buncha books and now stow all my grow stuff on the bookshelves. I looked for a cheaper way to cool the small grow box reservoir, but ended up with another Active Aqua 1/10 HP chiller. I hope and pray that I am now achieving a stable hydroponic growth environment and that all the drama I've had with roots will be a thing of the past. That is what I am hoping. Really, in that case, the only thing that will worry me is the extreme weather in the Southeast and loss of power (was out for a week last year after hurricane Matthew).

I also use a bunch of beneficial bacteria. It's probably overkill, and eventually I'm going to have to do the research to figure out what I don't really need to buy, but on these 2 current grows, I'm using Voodoo Juice, Tarantula and Microbial Munch by AN, Hydroguard and Great White. I have a morbid fear and loathing of root rot.

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you I use all those as well. I saw a photo of the same ww seeds I used and they had they same jacked up leaves, so defiantly genetics. My roots looked great , even in the filter of the pump, 😀 im ordering the resin beads for next grow and I'll keep you posted. See if you think this will work. Taking 5 buckets , connect all so water flows freely between them, connect pump to intake from bucket 1 , solution bucket well call it and then manifold the out to 4 , grow buckets. Chiller in line as well. Then nute etc, could be mixed into one bucket . With a little more thinking could also put in a valve to drain. Also ph etc all in solution bucket.
              Can you tell water was my nemesis this grow. I like flipping a switch instead of schlepping buckets. I'm old and baked.
              Btw are you back in school ? We're watching IRMA closely ,my friends in the Caribbean are not happy. Hope it turns way north.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              You would need more than a 1/10 HP chiller for that, but it sounds like a plan. Of course, your buckets are insulated. Yeah, I'm old and baked too, but I've gotten into the rhythm of carrying buckets of water, and it IS kinda zen, you know: smoke dope, carry water. I also have a 4-wheeled plant cart that I use to take my big rubbermaid tub back and forth to bathroom/grow room. But I got a little 2.5 gallon bucket with a pour lip, and I was thinking of just using that. It fills up the small reservoir with one bucket, and it would fill up the other with two. And I have a wet vac.

Yes, I'm back in school; 4th week starts Tuesday (tomorrow holiday, woohoo!!) I've been keeping my eye on Irma as well, wondering if it will fuck up SC the way Matthew did last year. The year before that, we had seriously torrential rains for over two days, and the city of Columbia got totally washed out in places. Unreal. School was called off for a week so students could be with their families. We're just gonna have to wait and see with Irma; I'm not counting on it turning way north...

Well Irma is headed my way so hunkering down. Ww in jars about 4 oz dry and bb will get put up tomorrow. After the storm new grow will begin. Gonna do another the same way to learn a bit more before I change my system.
            be safe everyone and I'll probably be offline for a bit.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Be safe!!

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              Be safe man I high tailed it out mandatory evacuation

Be safe Cap'n

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X