No announcement yet.

Leaving the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool guys you guys are the best and I have not received any negativity from anyone here. GWE has helped me get thru 2 harvest and I don't think I could have done it with out GWE so for that thank you guys very much. Either way I'm out I will just read the GWE and find answers on my own there if I ever need it. Like I said the answers are all there.. Hey maybe it's just me who knows either way GROWERS LOVE..

Comment

What I have seen on this forum is that it depends how the poster state their problem.

Example. Title: HELP yellow leaves. Body of Post: Help leaves are turning yellow.

Same problem different post. Help needed Yellow leaves. New to growing and the leaves of my XXX strain are turning yellow. From looking thru this site it could be either XXX or YYY, just not sure. Could any one give some advice. My set is (lists complete set-up) . Here are some pics of the plants.

The first post is just lazy and shows the person did not even read how to post a question. I pass over this type of post. The second one, I think most everyone here on the forum will jump right in and try to help.

I think the post about reading GWE stemmed from the first type of post and not the second.

Comment

Every person on this forum was once- or still is - a newbie in growing or as a member. That is a fact. Anyone passionate about growing undoubtedly has that memory at the forefront of their mind. It is the opinion of that memory that groups the forum together and drives the forum to take the time in / out of their lives to help others, share their process & jerk each other's chains occasionally and the Admin is seriously on top of anything out of line.
        i suggest if you feel excluded you reexamine that and not shoot yourself in the foot by leaving. Yes friendships are made here but since most of us are full grown adults it is simply that- I find the term "click" insulting and I appreciate newbies young and old.
        Stay and make friends, post your grow and get info altho it won't always be spoon fed.
        i am sure some people can't stand me, disagree with me, think whatever but the difference HERE is they have the decorum not to post it.
        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
        wish you to remain but if not- Good Luck with all that you do.
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          CC I just used that word In Response to the implications. Has nothing whatsoever to do with you. My Bad. Sorry to cause a dust cloud 🙁

• StoneyTony
          StoneyTony commented
          Editing a comment
          Frigging Tila. Always stirring the pot! ((((Big Hugs)))) Tika!

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! Tony
          Not the first time I've heard that
          Hugs back 🤗

I have only 3 completed grows so I am a newbie to this endeavor. and will be a member of GWE and this forum until they see fit to remove me.

I am sorry that you feel as if you need to leave this wonderful place. I have always been treated with respect and caring. If not for the tutorials here I would probably still be paying $15/gram for low quality bud. Personally I am one of those people who includes a link to what I consider to be relevant. For a couple of reasons, First, my brain is not as sharp as it once was (I say it's due to age, other people think I have smoked too much weed) so I will include a link so I don't paraphrase as I may screw up the meaning. So I just try to give people, what I believe to be the right answer. If it is an emergency, let us know.and we will do what we can.

Second, I have asked questions and received answers that were in direct contradiction to each other. I would prefer a link where I can see what Nebula's information is and if there is something I don't understand then I come to the forum for clarification. There are some 'professional' growers and a bunch that have been growing forever. When I have had misunderstanding of the tutorials they have set me straight. And yes I can be terse when it comes to answering a post, especially when I read a question that shows an individual has NOT even read the relevant material. I give them a link, so I don't say something stupid..

I will always prefer a link to the right info than to receive contradictory info. As has been stated above, I personally feel that God (or humans) helps them who help themselves. If I have slighted anyone or were disrespectful, I humbly apologize. That has never been my intent.

Again, I am sorry to see you leave, but I will continue showing people where the correct info is and don't give my opinion. Because opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and it is not always correct.

Take care and best wishes in your future endeavors.
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

Can I have your stuff...wait wrong forum.
          SSD

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess it would be inappropriate to LMAO

Last note on this: if I were offended I would just leave. Exit stage left. Not post it.
          look at the energy just dished out...jeez.
          hugs to all
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            it just goes to show how much we do all care about a single new member, the forum itself and how everybody feels about it, it shows we are a community willing to talk things and discuss maturely like adults. i agree this post is kind of dramatic but sooner or later we as a community have to talk this things trough. a big hug back to you tika you're always spreading love no matter what

• rockman
            rockman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tika, as usual you are honest and right on in your comments on this thread! We get back what we give (though not always obvious at the time!) Keep on smiling 🌞🐸

If u ask a question and are given a link to info tht u can read isn't tht getting help? You are given all the info on the subject u bring up instead of just wht someone can remember off the top of there head I'm not here to sugercoat shit or hold your hand but I always try my best to help ppl out if I no exactly how to help them and if u dnt wana read links/books/ watch videos maby u shouldnt grow pot. I'm a very anti social person but this is a place for growers to talk bounce ideas and learn I have respect for everyone on this site I wish I new such nice ppl growing up. If u want to leave your not hurting anyone but yourself.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by St.buds View Post
            If u want to leave your not hurting anyone but yourself.
            ​​​​
            Amen. The GWE site is absolutely packed with info, but you get so much more here with such varied personal experiences.

Comment

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              The site has so much to read I've been on almost a year even tho I didnt start to post tell after I been reading on the site for 6 months and I feel gwe has doubled my knowledge tht I had before maby more and normally when I have a problem it's very specific or its something tht may be in between two things and I've always got help or opinions on wht it is/what to do and I wouldnt mind at all if someone dropped me a link even if I've read it before I been growing for a couple years now and im Always learning more and haveing different issues so the best thing u can do is find someone or maby ppl who went threw the same trails and how they fixed it

007 commented
              Editing a comment
              The GWE site is the textbook, and the forum is the last 20 minutes of class where you hone your understanding of the subject matter

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha I like tht it makes perfect sense

To add to what everyone else has said, I'm sorry that's been your experience. We strive to prevent rudeness, inaccuracy and also we try to help everyone we can. We're all humans trying our best and doing this for free, and I don't think it's fair to expect things to be perfect. That being said, I believe we have a better community than any other.

However, we want to keep it getting better and better, and I need everyone's help. No one can make a great community alone. Please always flag a post you think is being unnecessarily unhelpful or rude. I look at every flag post. I try to look at as many posts as I can to offer help and see what people are saying. People who are being rude or mean get 2 warnings and then they get banned.

If you haven't gotten a response to your question after 12 hours or a day, or just want more opinions, I encourage you to post again to your original thread, especially with more details or pics, as that will bump it back to the top of the list and hopefully get more exposure. People are waaaay more likely to answer a post with lots of details and pictures. Especially if you demonstrate you've made some effort to figure it out on your own. Sometimes a post gets too far off the main page and it gets lost. We've made a new plant problem forum to try to prevent immediate problems from getting lost, but it helps us see you if you get pushed off the first few pages. But there may be times when no one has an answer to your question, because they just don't know, or otherwise aren't able to help.

When it comes to helping new growers, I can see both sides. You have to understand that some people put a seed in some muddy dirt from outside, don't provide pictures, and then complain that people won't help them. Imagine if you were a programmer trying to help new people for free on a forum, and someone came and basically said, "Teach Me Everything." When people have put so much time into learning and making resources, it's frustrating when a new grower refuses to read a simple, beginner level article that will explain everything. Especially when they want you to basically type it out again completely customized to their situation.

People feel insulted if you want to take a lot of their time, but obviously haven't invested any time of your own.

To throw another wrench into the whole aspect of helping new growers, a lot of new growers have gotten inaccurate information from somewhere or another that's sabotaging them and they don't know it. They often defend that knowledge to the death, which is frustrating, but it's almost always because they got it from a friend or someone else they trust. I think it's important for all the more experienced growers to remember they were a beginner once, and some things which seem very simple and obvious now were initially really confusing when you didn't have the right information.

On the flip side, the truth is most posts are going to be by beginners who have no idea what they're doing, and have run into simple and common problems. Most forum users come in with questions, get their questions answered, and never come again because their plants are doing great. That's a success in my book. Not everyone is looking for a community or to become a master grower, and a lot of people want some simple answers and be able to leave. There's nothing wrong with that.

So I just hope that newbies appreciate the time and effort we put in for free, and I also encourage everyone to remember that the majority of posts are going to be by newbies and that's a good thing because it means more people are getting started in this wonderful world of growing!

Comment

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's amazing u do wht u do just outa the kindness of your heart and tht u think everyone should have safe access to this wonderful plant. Off this topic I been meaning to ask u if u could post an advanced nutrients list with more than just the basic general hydro flora I no there is tutorials on dif things were u recommend things but I guess my real question is could u maby post an advanced nutrients list that u use (I hope for coco) for ppl who aren't beginners or pros? Thanks again for all the info you've put on this site

• rockman
              rockman commented
              Editing a comment
              Once again your words are fabulous, as inspiring as when I first stumbled my ignorant brain onto your website! 😊 Thanks for all you've given to making some very happy growers!! 💚

• StoneyTony
              StoneyTony commented
              Editing a comment
              nebula, for a pothead, you sure have a great head on those shoulders. Always so eloquent and mature with your posts (((Big Hug))) for you and all you do!

Okay like I said personally I've had good responds here but I'm just posting what I see happening to others.. Guess I sparked up a fire for nothing seems like I'm the only one with a problem.lol.. Maybe I'm just stressed out haven't been able to medicate for 2 days thanks to the laws and employers that want to test you before hiring.. oops sorry GWE I'm trippin and not how I like..

Comment

• NebulaHaze
              NebulaHaze commented
              Editing a comment
              I do appreciate your comments. I think it's important for the forum to have family meetings sometimes It helps us all understand each other better because we get to hear about things from different points of view.

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I know what your talking about now like when ppl just post a link and say nothing or maby even leave a little remark or post about it irritated them but I dnt think they mean to offend just to vent and tht really sucks u haven't been able to smoke and your obviously a person who cares about others it would be a shame to loose u from the forum with so many ppl tht r the same

We all need to remember that GWE was created, through hard work and effort by Nebulahaze and Sirrus, to help folks learn how to grow marijauna. I have been a member for two years but have only three indoor grows under my belt. I still consider myself a newbie and somewhat reluctant to give advice because I'm still learning and I don't want to give a wrong answer. With that said, I can clearly remember when I joined and how intimidating it seemed to begin posting questions. The responses to my posts were always answered with compassion and I felt very welcomed. Posting also helped me feel like a part of the "in crowd" and has become part learning/part social media. It's the only place I can discuss growing marijauna. We all need to remember how we felt when we first joined GWE and that posting questions can have more than one reason/purpose... To get answers AND open the door to our community! Yes, we may see the same question over and over but they are from different growers that are just getting started on this incredible journey! Let's all double down on our efforts to keep this site informative and welcoming!
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4 that

I enjoy this forum spend 2 hours in the mornings reading and giving answers to others . there are ten ways to do one thing, personally I like to learn all ten ways then figure witch one is best for me. when a person is just starting out its hard because you think you might screw up,so when i see someone has a question I gravitate to it .I think the comments here say it all Nuggs
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I use Cannabis for medicine. My disability caused me major brain damage. GWE has even taught me how to grow. If a brain damaged person can learn ANYONE CAN.

Comment

Originally posted by drbabe View Post
                As a new grower I really appreciate the GWE community, especially this forum.
                Before posting here I spent close to a month reading the GWE tutorials to establish a basic foundation, then used the forums to refine and question what I learned.

I find this community to be outstanding, and like other forums, there are a core of members who apparently "know" each other and may appear like a "click" but still are very helpful.

At times it may seem a little frustrating if you ask a question and get no or minimal responses, but that is the same with any forum.

@nuggs...don't be too fast to leave....there is a lot to be learned here.....try not to take it personal....just go for the knowledge.
                yeah.
                see, my self i'll try to respond to those that haven't got many responses.
                If there's a post with a crap load of responses, I may read it . But probly won't respond just cuz a lot of people allready has and there's probly not much I could possibly add.
                But if there's only couple of responces
                or if I see one with "0" responces with a crap load of "VIEWS" and just seem like there getting past over.Those ones i'll definitely respond to. ....Even if I don't know what the he'll I'm talking about...lol

Comment

First off, I just want to say what a true blessing GWE has been for me. I ain't never grew a plant indoors, many,many out in the thickets, out in the woods in the Mississippi delta, great soil over the last 50 years.My Grandpa always said that the dirt was richer than 2 foot up a hogs ass, don't no about that, all I know is a lot of them 10 to 12 feet tall we had to bend over an tie down with strong rope females all branches grew straight up, this was late 60s up until about 1980, regular old Mexican beans and we thought we had something. This way that y'all grow this awesome plant is something to behold, I just love it, keep it up I might be old but I do love reading GWE and learning from this site everyday, even if some of y'all when your describing your plant it sounds like your about to have sex. Not that its anything wrong with that. Just kidding. If someone wants to learn ,all they got to do is read this is the place them other forums will cuss you out not kidding. That's why I mostly just read and try to learn.Mrs.or Ms.Nebula has been nice to me.as has several more members. I just in the last few months have learned how to use this smartass phone, if I could only learn how to post pictures I would be all right. I can't figure it out, like I said I am from Mississippi, and we ain't to smart down here. PEACE HAL
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

• StoneyTony
                    StoneyTony commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome. Welcome to the forum Hal

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X