No announcement yet.

harvest by trichome color questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant post the screen shots either. not messin with it til i have the time again. cut 3 medium/small sticks last night and hung em up. i want to smoke it while i harvest and trim, and 2 weeks should be nuff time to dry and get a little cure started i think.

Comment

Hahaha. All waiting for the same moment to unveil itself!
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Oh boy, i'ma mega excited! I flushed my designated harvest girl today, with flush #4. I ended up with around 370 run-off ppms.
        Got one last super flush on Friday, flush #5. Gonna give 3L water with FLorakleen, and then follow up with 3L pH'ed water. Try and get the ppms as low as possible.
        The flush will be early AM, and then in the PM i'm GONNA HARVEST!!!!

So damned excited!
        Was gonna take some trichome pics today, but thought i'll save it till harvest day.

WHO ELSE EXCITED WITH ME?!
        Originally posted by 420n808
        If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto.....

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes indeed. I've already ordered loooooooads of hygrometers in advance.
          I'm still not at the jarring part yet.

Been checking my hanging buds daily, and today (day 4) the smaller stems are almost snapping. Still got some bend in them though. A really tiny popcorn bud came of without string, but the bigger bud had some string when I tried to pull it off.
          So maybe another day or two drying before jars? What do you say?

To be honest, the buds have been pretty dry to the touch since I hung em up, or maybe that's me just not feeling the subtle moisture..?

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          And honestly, Nebulas articles are just the best thing ever. Simple. Informative. Effective.

I might do Friday too then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2633.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	94006
        Last edited by Jeg; 05-16-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Seeing such a sexy naked beauty is making me sweat!

Bro, for real. Let's both harvest Friday, and keep one another company through the drying and curing stage!! Harvest buddies? *extends hand for a handshake*

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          As good a day as any

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Image

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	94021

I know it's blurry but I definitely see amber. I sure would like to see some pictures from the rest of you guys in this thread.

Comment

It. Has. Been. DONE!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170519_175233.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	95553Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170519_203312.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	95554

Name:	IMG_20170519_204840.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	95555Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170519_204934.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	95556

Name:	IMG_20170519_215716.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	95557
          Last edited by GreenArmadillo; 05-19-2017, 03:50 PM.
          If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
            GreenArmadillo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks my dear! Appreciate the love.

Just think, in a mere two months, me and you shall be puffin' on some pure sativas together.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Armadillo, I fear that you will be puffing long before me... but I can't wait to hear how she smokes cured!!

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            LOVE That full picture....what a dear plant! Congratulations!!!!!!

Yes indeed my friends. Thanks.
          I ended up really lucky last year and got some real shitty looking brickweed. Seeing as it's practically impossible to find weed in this country I was well stoked. I smoked it, and that $hit blew me away! Found loads of seeds, and planted them. This is what I got.

Pure, landrace sativa from the looks of it. Some Indian Heartland grass, i'm 95% certain.

Either way, i'm a proud daddy. I agree with you guys, some of those bud formations look glorious!

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
            GreenArmadillo commented
            Editing a comment
            Where you guys at with your harvest? Let's see! <3

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, I will post this morning on my sloooooooooow sativas...

Just a little sneak peak on day three.

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
            GreenArmadillo commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks awesome!!
            I'm personally thinking of jarring my golden nuggets tomorrow. It'll have been 4 days of hanging.
            And so I shall begin the illustrious process of curing.

How are you judging when to shift them over to jars?
            I saw someone recommend you squish the buds between your fingers, to hear them make a kind of slight meshy/crunchy sound. But I am NOT about to manhandle my precious buds. Anyway, that guy was saying that if you wait till your stems snap, then you've dried just a bit too much in his opinion. That's why i'ma jar em up tomorrow. My stems are in the middle between bending and snapping.

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been test jarring for weeks with samples. Mine feel like they are ready but my little ones aren't snapping yet. A few more days maybe. I put one medium size bud in a jar yesterday and it shot up to 80 in about six hours. It was at 60 before it went in. My temperature is 72 and so far my big batch is bouncing between 50 and 60 never more yet. Definitely going to take it slow though. Still a hit or miss thing with me. Newbie and all... I'll be glad when I no longer consider myself a newbie. Maybe after the next harvest....

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            I did go buy my jars today. You know just in case! Apparently the store expects a big harvest, they only sell wide mouth quart jars in quantities of twelve!

Well done with your grow!
          I'm maybe 10-15 days away. Pure indica x ruderalis.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

quick post on my trichomes.
            cam flash is not the greatest light. natural light IS best.
            found my tichomes were ALL white, some beginning to wither away, and yet ZERO ambers!!!!
            researching i found this happens sometimes, trichomes never darkening. thank god i pulled the trigger when i did, we at PEAK medical now people. and the buzz is fkn incredible. had a few ppl givin me good feedback already on unflushed/cured samples!

back to work for me, three plants hangin, 2 more to go! my eyes are so fkd from trimminnnnnnnn

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Harvester, that's FREAKIN AWESOME!! I've read that heavy duty sativa triches often never turn amber, they just start to... wither away, as you put it.

Can I have some, pleeeeeeeeze?????

• intergalactic_harvester
              intergalactic_harvester commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks all for the support! still got one left to.take down this morning.
              tika, agreed part of it is light, but not all. will revisit that later when i have the time, but with other factors i believe they are JUST passing the peak zone of thc with all the medical benefit. i WILL say however, keeping them dark, dry, and cold at the end fkn works, no doubt! their last sunset was thurs morning, started cutting friday night. by the time i cut #4 yesterday they gettin so syrupy sticky they just smashing like they warm n wilty. they already cold but considering chilling them in the fridge for 30 mins or so to hopefully make em easier to handle! fkn stick to everything! awesomeness.

atu, you dont want ambers on sativa anyway, right? all about the brain in the blender there!!! and fk yeah girl, you and ANY of my grow buddies here are welcome to sample my very first harvest! in fact, next weekend is booked for hash makin party. yes, theres plenty enough of that work to be done to kill another entire weekend, lol. my hashpot is... yup, fkn huge in my new guy opinion. get to THAT later too, lol.
              back to work for me, poor me, lol. enjoy ur day fellow farmers!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              intergalactic_harvester It's really nice to see you so happy and dropping the f bomb so many times!!! Fkn A+++++!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X