No announcement yet.

harvest by trichome color questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing. So jealous. Atleast I have my new project to keep me occupied for now. Great pictures

Comment

thanks jeg.
      did u try 11/13? from what im seeing it really seems to work speeding things up. im just wondering if making them mature faster is going to short my final weight...

Comment

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        I cut a sample Thursday been drying. I had a taste yesterday. Question, stuff we grow is better than even good stuff off the street isn't it? My pics of dried crystals is pretty cool but you are really good at close ups. You should try and take a pic
        Last edited by Jeg; 04-30-2017, 07:04 AM.

• intergalactic_harvester
        intergalactic_harvester commented
        Editing a comment
        answer...yes...potentially.
        its up to the genetics of your strain and you to decide the final potency AND quality of your bud. veg, bloom, dry, and cure. each is a step of its own. how much attention a few plants in a personal grow can get compared to hundreds in a money crop is what can make all the difference through each step.
        money crop wants quick turnaround, personal medical wants quality. different priorities.

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd also be surprised if any money crop gets a cure. Lots probably don't even get a slow dry, just put near some heat, speed dried and off to market.

It ain't ready but a pretty good picture of not ready.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Great photo, Jeg!!!

ya that is pretty. never get tired of seeing trichomes, lol.
      hey, those ambers i found i think are just random degredation. there is no increase in numbers and there is no consistency throughout the canopy. but the cloudy ones are going white/opaque, slight pinkish? guess my girls just have to lay around gettin fatter a while longer.
      my not so little anymore veggers keeping me plenty busy/distracted now, thank god. i have to defol and bind one plant every day, and then at LEAST 2 plants on a weekend day to make up the difference. did 3 res changes yesterday, 2 plants defol n bind, and slammed in the new ac. yup. plenty distracted, lol.

Comment

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep.... I'm supposed to work somewhere in there too

Wow! timely thread. I"m on my first tent grow. The buds are big, thick and heavy. Brown hairs but mostly clear trich. I started to flush last week. I hope I didn't start too soon. A learning experience continues. Thanks for the information everyone.

Comment

Editing a comment
        hey sag, if her top fans are green, she should be able to feed normally. you can still bulk them up

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        sag Hey sag, welcome to the forum, and keep on truckin!!! It's too early to harvest!!! Put her back on low nutes, get her off the flush, and DON'T START FLUSH UNTIL MOST TRICHES ARE CLOUDY!! You won't get the top quality buy you want if you harvest to early

Thanks, I'll restart the nuke train until the trics. cloud over.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen, bro.

Yaaaaaaay, some awesome trichome development guys. Smokaaaaaables on the waaaaaaaaaay, woooh!!!

I'm holding myself back. Gonna have a peek at my trichomes on Saturday. It will officially be week 11 flower. Definitely gonna film them and post up for recommendations and advice. =)
      I mean I got me some major yellowing fan leaves going on right now. The switch to 11/13 really seems to have put things into overdrive (maybe).
      Originally posted by 420n808
      If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

Hey guys. Where you all at with your trichome development?
      Any of you hit harvest day?

I filmed my chosen harvest candidate on day 1 of flush.
      The video is up on my other thread here:

What do y'all think?
      Where am I standing at? Would love to share your experience and input. We all excited daddies here.
      If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Comment

Just waiting around here

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          You talking about the one in the back or the little one?

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try and find some trich pics

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          BOTH!! haha

Here's a few pictures, just cause i'm excited:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_142753.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	89512Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_150446.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	89513Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_150959.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	89514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_151145.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	89515

Name:	IMG_20170506_152130_BURST6.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	89516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_152230.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	89517Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_151947.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	89518

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I need some of that! Gorgeous

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Mate, i'm thinking of sending out seeds of this crazy girl once i'm done with harvest, and all has gone well. If it's safe obviously. That's a priority.
          I got loooooooads of seeds. (no seeds on the growing plants ofc, seeds from which I grew these beauties)

This is pure, 100%, Indian motherland, sativa landrace from the looks of things.
          I'd love to see what the guys on this forum can do with growing it.
          Keep in touch if you interested my brother.

I only had a couple close ups but no superclose ups. I thought they were worthy pics though especially if you can zoom in a bit

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Just WOW mate. Looking fine and super chunky!

had to add more weeks to the bloom calendar. long sigh....

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Just think of the increase in quality bro!!

Honestly, I don't think anyone can be as anxious as me to harvest at least one of my babies.
          Why?
          Cause I haven't been able to find any smokables for about 4 months now. My friends that sorted me out have stopped responding to me (prbbly due to safety reasons), and smokables are really, really, really tough to get a hold of here. Like it's only a 10% chance if you're lucky. :sigh:

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          @greenarmadillo

you mean you been STRAIGHT all this time? And you haven't been cranky at all!!!!

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          haha, you learn to live with it. :sigh:

To jump back to your first posts- I can say the same thing after 11 at least grows...I know what I'm looking for, majority of pistils are brown esp top buds, trichs going cloudy, a few amber very few yet.....I chose to flush ( rarely get to that final stage) and WAIT yet another week. There is no hope of by Bubba 76 fattening up any more.this week is going to be a bitch! ...frankly
        you are not alone
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          "This week is going to be a bitch...frankly": I like that.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	91070Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	91071 How's everyone looking out there?
        Attached Files

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy DAMN!!
          What's that first baby? She looks downright incredible! I'd marry her! <3

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, right!! And that's what of the lower ones. Come check at my outside shots from today.

hey, checkin in real quick.
        almost all cloudy. no ambers. week 11.5 on a 7-9 week bloomer. i would attach pics, but somehow im limited to 2mb pics on this site now?

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          shouldn't be too far away now. From reading I think to get a more realistic time frame growers should generally add 1-2 weeks onto the breeders times as that's the earliest possible harvest time (probably 50/50 clear/cloudy)

My current autos are supposed to be 45-55 days from seed to harvest. at day 49 and they're nowhere near ready which I expected before I even received the seeds in the mail

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been wondering about you and yours.

Editing a comment
          yup. after reading that same thing everywhere about breeders bloom timelines i did figure on 2 weeks extra. next time i will plan for 3 weeks over. my kosher tangie has been ready to flip for nearly a month now, and theres still 2 more weeks!!! plus another week for drying the peppermint in the tent.
          on the upside...waiting in veg for so long might just break a pound when thier time comes. definately wouldnt hear any complaints about THAT!!! (until im waiting on trichomes again)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X