Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

What does it mean if my marijuana plant stem is dark brown? NebulaHaze @ogbuds

Pictures help a lot
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Fusarium fungi maybe?

Comment

It's hard to say without seeing as that's not a very common symptom. Is it possible to post a picture of your plants in the setup, as well as a closeup of the brown stem?

Comment

Yes im about to take it

Comment

9fingerleafs NebulaHaze

Comment

Comment

That's not what I was imagining. Definitely not fusarium fungi. The whole plant would be drying out. Looks like it purpled out. Is it cold where you live ?

Comment

Not in the grow spot 9fingerleafs

Comment

Idk I've been researching but haven't found anything i just want to catch it before it becomes a problem causing harm to my plant. Last night when i went to bed the leaves were fine when i woke this morning they began to start curling again 9fingerleafs

Comment

i dont know what it could be, but i wouldn't worry much about it if the plant looks fine

Comment

Much appreciaion 9fingerleafs

Comment

Magnesium deffincy is what it looks like to me!

Comment

It looks more purple than brown to me, which is good! If the leaves themselves look green, healthy and vibrant I wouldn't worry. Some strains or individual plants grow stems that appear purple or red, though it can also be the sign of a deficiency. It's more common when it's cold at night, but the purpling could be caused other things. Whenever you're worried about strange colors, it's always good to check the pH as that's the most common reason to see nutrient deficiencies. Are you using nutrients?

The biggest issue I see with this plant is that it's so tall with so few leaves. That's a sign that it's not getting enough light because it's "reaching" up to try to get more sun. What type of grow lights are you using? A plant that doesn't get enough light can show strange symptoms and doesn't grow as fast, so it's definitely something to address as soon as you can

Comment

• Minoo96
                              Minoo96 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought so too the plant was tall with few leafs, but isn't the node spacing correct? Wouldn't that say something like its the strain that grows tall like that?

• NebulaHaze
                              NebulaHaze commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You're completely right that some strains grow faster and stretchier than others, but it's unusual to have several inches between nodes.

Well NebulaHaze I just bought a hps light and reflector almost two weeks ago. The bulbs are both 600W. I have the light about 18" from my plant. I was considering inducing flowering sat. to give leaves time to grow more I pruned 3 sets of nodes trying to correct what I thought were signs of a deficiency so that's why bottom leaves look crappy. My plant is also showing signs of female pre flowers. I am using the flora trio pack for nutes. I am using just natural organic potting mix and burpees garden coir in the grow medium this is my first grow and I really appreciate the help I just don't want to mess anything up. Inuart88

Comment

• Inuart88
                              Inuart88 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can tell you on my first grow is coming to an end at the begging and still now i freak about messing stuff up but the old saying is true They are weeds and will grow like weeds! It looks good but i would give it a another 2 weeks in veg like i was saying i got some that have been vegging for almost 4 months or going on to 4 now. and they would love to flip but just no space getting a 3rd light this week to correct this over sight. i will show you some of mine i cut from clone who still have 2-3 weeks to go so u can get an idea on the size i have been looking for before i switch.. wont be this early though just got up.. I do alot of haircuts too to give light to nodes/sites are blocked and i take off a ton every time kinda of a pick and choose process but if its blocking light or not getting light it goes if its fking massive it goes its a process you get more comfortable as you grow... my difference probably is i can't smoke so even when this is done i can just look at it and say ooh and ahh.. wow i ranted on mornings let me tell you anyway relax and they will grow

• Inuart88
                              Inuart88 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wait you cut nodes not fan leaves? Ouch yeah dont do that unless your topping that can stunt growth for a few and the plant will have to recover.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X