Nutrients to produce bigger buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients to produce bigger buds

I'm willing to experiment on products to produce larger buds. I have multiple plants of the same strain if you guys name the product I'll run a test and also offer me some guidance+ More Options

What nutrients are you currently using?
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Cool idea. Are they all clones? That might make it a little more accurate, but could be interesting nonetheless.

Fox Farm trio (Big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom)
      #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
      Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
      Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• yamiacaveman
        yamiacaveman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's what I use.

No nutrients yet won't start until next week im growing in soil fox farm Ocean. 5 gallon fabric pots and two 7 gallon pots to see if there's a size difference at the end

Comment

• growgorilla
        growgorilla commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the Foxfarm nutrient trio, I would recommend it

I have 6 original skunk I can do and 3 jack herer I'll mess with the others are off limits lol
      2 sour diesel and 2 bad azz kush and1 red diesel

Comment

I use age old organics, reasonably priced great results.
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I can't wait to see how it goes! Your plants look perfect so far!

Comment

I just picked up another cob light for the tent I'll hopefully move things around tonight

Comment

Ok I went to the store and bought some stuff to try . The guys at the store said there were really great and highly recommended them so the test will begin as soon as I read up on them.

Comment

• ZigZag
                ZigZag commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool idea, I used the flora trio last time and for the current grow I'm using Advanced Nutrients (for coco)_ inherited them from a friend so I got what he gave me_ for veg I had the Basic Grow A & B, Voodoo Juice and B52. Man, that Voodoo Juice is expensive stuff! Don't know that I'd use it if I had to buy it. Mixed according to schedule. For flowering I used the Basic flowering A & B, B52, Big Bud, Bud Ignitor and Overdrive. Compared to what I've used before the Veg series didn't seem to make an obvious difference for me this time, but the buds have been growing faster than before. It will be nice to see what you come up with. Far as the nutrients and the different lights. I changed lights this time too, may have got them a little too close here towards the end. I kinda agree with Marley_ clones from the same mother will probably provide the best comparisons. I usually grow three plants from each strain from seed, and there are always differences in size and sometimes color and formation as well (everything else being equal). Have fun and will be waiting to see what you come up with. Cheers!

So you think I should put up a divider up to block the 2 different lights from mixing
              Last edited by Sean Winchester; 04-07-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                NebulaHaze commented
                Editing a comment
                I personally wouldn't separate your lights unless you're doing it purely for testing purposes. The more light, the bigger the buds. In fact, many growers specifically grow with multiple types of light together so that their plants get the fullest and best light spectrum possible, and because you get better coverage when plants are also getting light from a diagonal!

Ok I'm going test 3 skunks with nutrients and 3 skunks with just water. Do you think that will be a good way to test for the difference

Comment

or 2 skunks with just water then 2 with just basic nutrients and the 2 with nutrients and boosters?

Comment

• BuddMarsh
                  BuddMarsh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This one !!!

unless you are using super soil, to me there is no doubt that the ones with nutrients added will do much better yeild and quality wise

Comment

• Sean Winchester
                  Sean Winchester commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never heard of super soil

• growgorilla
                  growgorilla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  super soil (hot soil) is when nutrients are already in the soil and contain everything you need from harvest to flower, if you use super soil all you need to do is water and have no added nutrients or anything else because it's all in your soil, you can make your own but it takes about 60 days or you can buy it on amazon, a bit pricey but you don't have to full around with adding nutrients or ph'ing you water because your soil also has a set PH perfect for weed plants

Placing a divider between the lights sounds like a good idea to isolate them some more. Comparing plain water, basic nutrients and nutrients with boosters sounds like a good plan too. As long as the Fox Farm can provide what you need through the entire grow when used with just water. Make sure you PH the water after adding nutrients and of course PH the plan water too. The advanced nutrients series for coco balances the ph automatically, as long as you abide by the schedule. For coco I'd get ph readings of 5.8 to 6.2 after mixing them, no mater that the water out of the tap was ph 7.7. That was pretty convenient. Since you're growing in soil and mixing different nutrients you'll need to stay on top of outflow has well and watch carefully for any kind of lockout. Using the coco nutrients in coco according to the schedule made things easier for me. You'll have the nutrients in the Fox Farm mix and have what you add, so the test will be accurate as far as using the Fox Farm mix. But may not apply to other growing mediums such as coco, hydroponics, or others.
                Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Sean Winchester
                  Editing a comment
                  The next round I'm going to look into changing to coco

• Sean Winchester
                  Editing a comment
                  How long have you been using coco

• Marley
                  Marley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think he's growing in soil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should NOT adjust the PH when using soil.

I used soil one my first grow and only measured the PH going in and not what was coming out into the dishes (used Fox Farm and other nutrients as well) . Towards the end I started to get nutrient burn and lockout and had to flush all my plants. It stunted a few but the rest turned out pretty decent. Would likely have had better harvest if I had checked the outflow PH as well. With soil make sure its about 6-7_recommended for soil mixes. From what I understand different nutrients are best absorbed at different PH ranges within a 5.5-7.0 range. My PH was towards the high end_ 6.5-7.25 once I started measuring the outflow_ so I ended up locking out some of the nutrients. You have to really run a lot of water through a 5 gallon pot for an adequate flush so make sure you do the recommended volume_2x the size of your pots.
                This time I went with a completely neutral medium that drains really well but still holds moisture and a lot of air. Using coco, grow stones, rice hulls and worm castings. The plants are now about 7-10 days from harvest and if I run a 1/2 gallon water through a 3 gallon pot it runs through in less than 3-5 minutes once the medium has absorbed ail the wear it can. Downside is you end up watering more often, and with the 3 gallon pots they use up even more water_ lately with the humidity down to 35-45% I'm watering them every day. Another upside is its almost impossible to overwater once they really start growing big time and if you have any problems they are much easier to flush. Never tried the rice hulls before (about 10-15% of my current grow medium)_they seem to be providing more air, better drainage and not so much water retention so seem to be a good additive to the coco which holds more water and has less air space. haven't had any issues with nutrient lockout but I used a suggestion form one of the tutorials and run just water and 1/8th strength nutrients PH 6.0 on every third watering. maybe that has helped?
                Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X