No announcement yet.

Number 2: Kosher Kush DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya sorry, need to remember to designate who im talkin to in a multi player conversation online, lol

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It's all good, bro

today begins week 5 veg

at midweek i blasted the babies with grape seed extract powder. i know its medicine, but putting anything organic in my reservoirs had my skin crawling for 2.5 days. and it sudzd up so much i thought i would open the blind later to find a wall of foam! subsided quite a bit after about 5 minutes tho.
    yesterday morning emptied, rinsed out (yuck) and fresh nutes.

avg res temps range 67°-72°f
    site temps range 76°-80°f
    ph avg 6.0, range 6.2 down to 5.6 over 5 days.
    rh ranges 48%-60%, avg 54%

color, texture great. healthy and picking up speed again. i have discovered these plants dont care for cool roots. in fact, growth is quite slow until res temps reach 75° or higher. just have to watch the roots i guess.
    training continues. big girl will have 16 tops within 2 days and thats it for her. other 3 have most of the week to go still before i top them again.
    i did do some defol this morning to get light on growth tips. not much to take yet, lol. but im expecting big growth over the coming week!
    thats a wrap for the weekly. happy easter GWE!

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I know heat is definitely a factor (and plants do not do well when the reservoir starts actually getting hot) but I feel like I still struggled with root rot even at low temps. For me I feel like the only thing that ever got rid of root rot for me was Hydroguard! It's crazy, because root rot is caused by an organism and I've just always wondered how does it get basically everywhere on earth? I've seen growers suffering from root rot in China and Australia! I personally never even saw a hydroponic plant before I started growing them, so where did my root rot come from? Is it in the air?

There's some things that scientists just don't understand. For example I was reading about how NASA sent seeds into space to try to grow flowers in a no gravity environment. The seeds and everything were sterilized so it was JUST the seeds in inert soil and mineral nutrient sources, so the only thing growing was supposedly the flowers. Unfortunately, the plants ended up dying from being overwatered, but the shocking thing is that after they died they started growing MOLD! (https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/s...h/news/flowers) How did the mold get up there? NASA did everything they know to stop any living thing, yet somehow mold got up to space. It just makes you think!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok...this little thread just boggled my mind...mold after sterile environment! Jees Nebula...you read serious stuff LOL...
      I will be chewing on this for days

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      NebulaHaze I raised the temp of the reservoir from 67 to 72 degrees and the plants EXPLODED with growth yesterday. When I looked in on them this morning, I was stunned. I'm so glad you posted that information, and I'm working on getting over the pythiumphobia I developed on grow # 2. Using Hydroguard religiously, and light leak problem gone, but you never know what can happen... If mold can grow in outer space...

I monitor root temp. you see the read out on this photo. This seed was germinated March 20th. This temp. seems to work for me.

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Very very nice!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that temp gauge.

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      4 week shrubs!

tons of learnin goin on! i love you GWE!!!
    im also playing with the effects of light intensity in mid/late bloom. if ur interested check my 5 little beans journal.
    i have more updating to do with these babies, hopefully tonight?
    have a great mornin folks!

Comment

tomorrow begins week 6 veg.

girls picked back up and ran. midweek the topping and training got real. by the time i was done, all plants have 16 tops and look like green chickens run over by a semi truck.
      they took it pretty well, only slowing for 2 days.

soooo....
      now they get to mature for a few more weeks. not sure how many secondary branches i will keep. i dont want 180+ tops this time, lol. im very tempted to keep them cleaned to just the 16 mains and try to blow em out. 64 tops as fat as i can get em.

all conditions dialed in and stable. reservoir change tomorrow, same nute strengths. training continues.

thanks for lookin, and happy friday people!

pics week 5.5 veg

Comment

Nice job those ladies look like they like sun tanning!

Comment

Editing a comment
          oh ya cc! they do!
          i really wanted to post pics from just before the update, but one of my cheap style ratchet hangers seized up. been stuck since yesterday morn, i will get new ones today when the store opens, then try n get pics before and after defol/binding.
          those pics are actually from monday-wednesday, and they are quite bushy again. well, bushy as can be for being tied down flat to the deck!
          thanks for lookin cc!

They look great. Nice setup

Comment

beginning week 6 veg pics

before and after defol and training. not symmetrical really, and its going to get wonky because of the veg time remaining and the size of the strain. with some creative engineering, i may be able to land my tops somewhat evenly spaced out through the scrog training later on.
        stripping all side growth. if i do keep any side branches, it will be at the last minute. but i doubt it. even with a good mature vegger, i think 16 tops alone should about max the yield capacity shouldnt it?

dropped the root enhancer. 5 weeks is more than i needed. filled the gap with the trio. been ranging 900-1100 ppm for 2 weeks now. bottomless nute pits. maybe up again next feed, lol.

have a great night folks!

Comment

Editing a comment
          thank you sis! nothin left now but continuous defol and binding. which will be a full time job here in a couple weeks as they turn into monsters!

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Very very nice!

Editing a comment
          thank you tika!

Love it! Great Job!

Comment

Very nice setup, I love how you did the screens! That's ingenious

Comment

begin week 7 veg

avg site temps 82°f
        avg res temps 79°f
        rh 52%
        ph 6.1- 5.8
        ppms range 950-1000

plants are super healthy and growing vigorously. hard defol and binding doesnt phase them at all now. defoling and binding 1 plant daily, 2 or more on the weekend to take up the slack.

nute change yesterday. bumped up nutes a little, starting the week at 1100 ppm GH flora trio.

in the pics you will see i switched up training tactics. i think i found a way to more effectively prep a larger growing strain for scrog. it looks hella wonky, thats because i started my manifilds gwe nebulas tutorial style then changed gears. makes for a ton of extra tying getting them going in the direction i want, but i think its the best way to contain the growth in a relatively low grow space. next grow i will manifold more effectively to simplify binding and save more space keeping the coils tighter from the beginning.
        i still have around 3 more weeks before the bloom tent is free, so its all about control.
        im pretty confident this method will get me through veg. if it gets me through 4 weeks of stretch i will have it made! lol.

thanks for the visit, enjoy your sunday.

Comment

.You do nice clean work totally fresh! Grateful to be able to witness your process.
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Editing a comment
          thanks for the support and encouragement tika. have a great evening!

U2 As your week be bright

Comment

half ass update. sorry.

cant hold em in the veg station any more. out of room to lay branches down.
          gonna break the beacon of doom out of retirement (1kw mh) for a cupl weeks and get em motivated before i flip. no scrog this time either. i may trellis them later if i dont just use yoyos. TBD.
          sanitizing and refitting the tent over the weekend.

thanks for stoppin in, sorry updates are so irregular.

Comment

Wow the way you have laid down the branches is amazing! Are you going to save them??

Comment

Editing a comment
              you mean after harvest? yeah, i save em for homies at work, and a few for myself for makin tinctures n such.
              i spun em like that keeping nodes minimal to kind of stunt them and keep them manageable while they wait for the tent. im just starting to let them bush up now, but gotta move em soon!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X