Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Journal

CBD Critical Cure feminized seed & Purple Aurora auto regular

Today starts the first day of veg. CC is a couple days ahead of Aurora in germination but I'm counting this as day 1 for both of them.

seeds were germinated via paper towel and placed into rockwool cubes until sprouts emerged. They were placed into individual DWC buckets with RO water ph @ 5.5. No nutes as of yet. Will probably do so on first reservoir change.

Edited to say: I forgot to mention they are under the 600w MH turned to 50% power and are several feet from the hood. If they look like they are stretching I may increase the power and move them closer to the light.
    Last edited by Pankace; 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM.

Hey Pankace,

I'm going to be starting a Industrial Plant Automatic C.B.D. tomorrow. Is the C.B.D. Critical Cure very high in C.B.D.? These plants are of high interest to me. I have a very low tolerance to T.H.C. However I understand that in order for C.B.D. to function properly you need a certain amount of T.H.C. The Industrial Plant Automatic C.B.D has a ratio of 15%C.B.D to 5%T.H.C.(approximately) and according to Dinafem she is a very stable hybrid. I look forward to following your grow journal. I'm just finishing up a Honey Haze right now, she should finish this week. The trichoms are almost at 30% so I think she's about done. I'll probably find this Sativa dominant weed too strong so it will be a nice little gift to my friends. For some reason my buddies love my experiments. Go figure.

Peace,

DirtyNerd

Comment

I belive barney farms said thc is at 8% and cbd at 5 %. But yes I'm not interested in thc as I am cbd. I think an auto cbd sounds awesome. Gonna enjoy watching that!

Comment

Hey Pankace,

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Are you having problems uploading pictures on this site? I can't get any up at this point. It keeps giving errors. I guess they may have a few bugs to figure out.

Peace,

DirtyNerd

Comment

Check the size of your file. I had to go into the settings on my camera to make sure it saved to the right size.

Comment

CC and Aurora respectively

Comment

Hey Pankace,

Thanks, I'll look into that. Nice pictures. I'm sending good karma your way.

Peace,

The DirtyNerd

Comment

• SiriusFourside
                SiriusFourside commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey! Could you let me know what size picture your camera makes natively? The forum software we use had it set pretty small and we're still gauging how big to set the limits. Right now, I think the limits are 6000x3000 @ up to 5MB.

Hi Sirius,

I'm not really sure what size picture my BlackBerry tablet takes. I looked into my settings and they don't offer much support of that nature. My avatar was taken from the same group of pictures and that worked fine. I thought maybe I was sending too many files, then I tried sending a single picture and I got the same error. I'll try uploading pictures in a later post to see what happens. And by the way Sirius, you and Nebula rule. I mean that. This website is the best thing to happen to the Internet in a long time. We needed this.

Your friend,

DirtyNerd

Comment

Pankace, give us some specs on your grow!

Good luck to you with your first grow. I see you moved them into the hydroton already. Keep em warm and moist!

Comment

The DWCs are modified Root Spa bucket systems. The air line went into the bottom of the bucket with no air stone. I didn't like the fact that the bubbles were on just one side of the bucket so I drilled a hole in the lid and inserted a grommet for the line. Much better now. In one bucket I have a disc stone and the other a 5" cylinder. Wasn't sure which one I was gonna like more.

My tent is 2x4x5'. Not very tall. I know that now. So short that the hood attached to j-hooks and ratchet straps take up a good foot of that space leaving me no choice but to attach the hood directly to the top of the tent. I'll use risers for the buckets to get the correct distance from the lights..

Reflected air cooled hood carrying 600w MH/HPS bulbs with a dimmable digital ballast. 4" 1050 carbon filter with a 4" (175 cfm) fan. Not very big but gets the job done. The carbon scrubber will set on the ground, again, due to space lol.

I'll be pitting a small fan in soon.

Comment

Nutrient lineup is CANNA Aqua Vega and Flores. Along with that I have Cal-Mag and Hydrogaurd. For a flower supplement I have CANNA PK 13/14.
                    Last edited by Pankace; 09-27-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

In the first pic you can see the tube the airline was meant to go into. They also designed it to be a spot to add nutrients and check water levels. I doubt I will use it for nutrients but I did make marks with a sharpie for gallon increments. The double line on top is the top off line where it would sit about an inch over the bottom of the net pot. This makes for a total of just over 4 gallons. 4 gal and 48 ml I believe.

I wasn't sure what would work better for me with the air line. I put the line into the thinking it would be easier to move the line and stone with the lid when during reservoir changes but now I'm not certain. I'll be doing reservoir changes manually. I have an extra bucket to let the root system hang in while changes are made.

like I said, my first grow so I'm still banging out the details and figuring out what works for me. Next grow I will definitely have a taller tent and maybe an automated system for reservoir changes. Also, is leaving the clear tube advisable. Didn't know how much it would encourage algae or bacterial growth being exposed to light.
                      Last edited by Pankace; 09-27-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Invest in a shop vac for your tent. It's come in handy so much I have 2 shop vacs now. One dedicated to my grow room and one in the garage. I got tired of lugging it back and forth. When I do res changes, I turn my indicator tube 90 degrees and have all the water pour into a saucer which I then suck out with my shop vac. Works great.

I see what you mean now about the air lines. Kinda funky going through the water level tube. I like your mods though.

I'd be weary about the clear tube too for the exact reason you mentioned. It may not be algae, but some brown funk will grow. I don't see the clear tube you mention though... You mean the water indicator tube?

Comment

Yes that's the tube I was talking about.

Comment

Week 2 Veg

Today was the girl's first reservoir change. I started with Cici. When the bucket was dumped I noticed some clear slime buildup on the bottom. I am assuming this is a form of slime mold or bacteria. I am uncertain because I have been using Hydrogaurd from the beginning. I thoroughly washed and rinsed the bucket with mild dish soap and dried by hand.

I continued to Aurora's bucket expecting to be equally disappointed. To my surprise there was nothing. Just clean water.

Nutrients were started today per the feeding schedule. This included CANNA Aqua Vega A & B, as well as the appropriate dose of hydrogaurd. With nutrients added pH stood at 3.4. Newbie grow screw up #1: I didn't buy pH Up so I added I smidgen of baking soda, boosting it to 6.0 in Cici and 6.2 in Aurora. It is within tolerance so I left it at that. I didn't want to go back and forth with pH Down and baking soda so I will see where it stands tomorrow on the daily check.

Ballast was turned up a notch to 75% power. Visually the girls look great. Cici had two days head start and is taller, yet Aurora's second node set appears to be coming in faster. Aurora does have what looks like damaged leaves. It could be a mutation though. They have looked like part of the true leaves have been cut. I think they have just formed this way. I thought they were still unfolding but I don't think these leaves will change. I tried taking a good pic but my dumb phone absolutely would not cooperate and focus right.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                              NebulaHaze commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If the plants themselves look good (and they do) and the roots look white, I wouldn't worry too much about the slime or the leaf In fact, I'd say it looks like they're ready to start getting vegetative strength nutrients (though I still recommend doing half of whatever the nutrient schedule says to start)!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X