No announcement yet.

First Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you think they look good! This nutrient schedule was modified from Canna's nutrient calculator on the website. The dosage is actually much lower then what it suggests on the back of the bottles. I started with the first week dosage and I'll adjust from there. On week 3 I might start with half the recommended dose and add the rest a few days later.

Comment

Also the column labeled "week" doesn't coincide with what week of growth the girls are on, but rather how long that particular step should be done.

Comment

Update. Today I seen Cici leaning over real bad. I assume she's already getting too big for her britches. I went ahead and staked her for support. For Aurora I went ahead and added support by placing hydroton around the base, being careful not to crush her stem. I forgot to take pictures, but week 3 pics will be here Sunday!

Comment

Almost into week 3. While doing the daily check, I noticed Cici's leaves are looking like they are starting to turn upward at the tips. Her roots haven't made it to the reservoir yet, but pH has been kept within parameters (5.5-6.5). Temps have been steady around 78F and the hood is around 2 feet from the plants. Anyone know what this could be?

Aurora however is doing great. Leaves look good I looked and saw that her roots have found their way into the reservoir, leading me to believe Cici could be nutrient deprived. Being my first grow this is new to me. I am forever grateful for any advice to help her.

Cici's pic is the one with the red stake, Aurora are the other 2 pics.

Comment

Looks like a little light/heat stress at first glance.

whats humidity at?

Comment

• Pankace
              Pankace commented
              Editing a comment
              It hovers around 55%

• Royal Nugs
              Royal Nugs commented
              Editing a comment
              Anytime I see the leaf edges "taco" like that it's from the leaves closest to the hotspot from the HID. Basically, directly under the bulb itself.

• Pankace
              Pankace commented
              Editing a comment
              I increased distance from the plant and the light. My other thought was to dial the power back down to 50%, but we will see how she responds to being moved away from the hood first. The other plant is loving it however so unless I see the same symptom on the leaf I will keep her where she is.

I also moved my thermometer/hygrometer towards the top half of the tent to get more accurate readings of where the plant was. I'm also wondering when I will see her roots catch up to Aurora's.

Today is the start of week 3, which meant time for a reservoir change. I've run into an unforseen financial situation and I'm flat broke until Tuesday. I refill 2 5-gallon jugs of RO water every week for the girls. Two extra days before a change out should be fine.

Edited because I forgot to mention... the curled leaves of Cici are no more. Moving her away from the lights fixed the heat stress problem. Aurora however still can't get enough of the light. She's loving it!
            Last edited by Pankace; 10-09-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Midweek update.

Today I finally got to do the reservoir change. Since sundays are my change out day I won't bother doing it again 3 days from now. Instead I will wait until next Sunday. They did fine going a little extra longer so I hope they will again and we can be back on track.

Feeding was increased slightly per feeding schedule. They are doing great. So great that me and the Ol lady decided it was time to start Cici's manifold training. Both girls are at 5 nodes so it was good as time as any. I'm forgetful when I'm focused on things so I forgot the customary "before" pic of Cici. I suck.

Here is "after" Cici. I hope I did a good job. I was extremely nervous because it was my first time. Also an extra pic of Aurora's root system which is going crazy. We are nearing the end of week 3, which means I'm hoping to see signs of pistils soon as she is an auto.

Comment

• Azlyn
                Azlyn commented
                Editing a comment
                Ol lady? I'm not that much older than you! <3

• Pankace
                Pankace commented
                Editing a comment
                And this is my wonderful ol... I mean... girlfriend. This is her grow too so she will be a part of this journal too lol

It's a girl! It's the end of week 3 and Aurora is showing her pistils! Please tell me if I'm wrong cuz it's my first time. Cici is feminized but Aurora was not. I'm happy to see a girl.

These are the best photos I could get. My hand isn't as steady as it use to be.

Comment

Yes 100% congrats they look awesome

Comment

Definitely looking female to me! Congrats! It's a beautiful moment 😍

Comment

Week 4

It is the beginning of week 4. Cici seems to b doing well after her first top and I'm expecting Aurora to do wonderful things this week. I lowered her to floor level. Some of the top leaves were cuping a little. Possible early stage heat stress. I also noticed some rust colored spots on the fan leaves of just the second node I believe. I thought it was weird because it was only on the second node fan leaves and absolutely no where else.

Comment

They look great pankace!

Comment

• Pankace
                        Pankace commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! I'm gonna check on Aurora first thing tomorrow and really look at those spots. Could be anything.

Today I dumped a gallon of Aurora's nutrient reservoir out and replaced it with plain RO water. Nutrients are now at the same levels as the initial dose I had her on. She had possible signs of chemical burn on the 2nd node fan leaves and even clawing on the 5th node fan leaves. I added the appropriate doses of Cal-Mag and Hydrogaurd to make up for the fresh gallon of water. Pics of Aurora below.

I also noticed humidity has spiked up to 65%. It didn't take me long to find Cici's bucket was leaking from the bottom grommet. I gave her a new bucket, until I have time to seal the leak later this week.

Comment

When I read 'its a girl' I immediately wanted to give someone a hug and smoke something.

Comment

• Pankace
                          Pankace commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Me too! But alas I have nothing to smoke for another 4 weeks or so lol

Update.. I started LST on Cici. I didn't before because the stems didn't exist and I wanted to wait until they were long enough to train. Made anchor points on the rim of the pot lid. I definitely need to take my time with this. While attempting to bend one of the branches down I accidentally ripped a gash in near the node. Wasn't all the way through. I put a small piece of duct tape over the wound. I hope it heals with no problems. I feel horrible. Will she bounce back?

Comment

• Wattze
                          Wattze commented
                          Editing a comment
                          From my own previous experience, after I ripped/tore her at a node, or even on a branch, I just made a makeshift cast out of electrical tape and watched the heck out of it for a couple days.. then once it was growing fine again, I just took the tape off and she was growing just fine.. as long as you give it a chance to recover, I think it should be alright 😊 Best of luck to you guys!

• Azlyn
                          Azlyn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You guys should have seen his face when he sat me down to tell me that he hurt Cici. Mama doesn't like bad news about her girls! Lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X