No announcement yet.

First Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take things for granted because I've done them so long.

If you have to have a power strip and it's always 3 prong plug and has a on off button on it that trips it's circuit and no zaps to you. I hang mine up in the tent just to be safer.

Don't buy any extension cord without A ground fault circuit interrupter GFCI .

Thanks Nebula for watching over us all -

Click image for larger version

Name:	goodplug.png
Views:	178
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	12602
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

The strip that contains our ballast, timer, and fan are all on a GFCI, and I thought the one the air pumps and oscillating fan are on had the same. That's what I get for using what was around the house instead of buying one specially for the grow. We killed the breaker and strapped headlamps on to get everything unplugged. The whole situation was just ridiculous. Thank you Karlee for showing us that non-return valve. Gonna get a couple REAL soon.

Comment

After a quick flush (about a day) I added nutrients again, this time with PK 13/14 to help with the possible deficiency. At this point I'm stressed and scared I might loose her. I hope I'm doing everything I can.

Comment

Hey Pankace! I just wanted to check in and see how your plant is doing, does it seem better or worse?

Comment

• Pankace
            Pankace commented
            Editing a comment
            About the same lol. I'm need to add a couple gallons tonight when I get home so I'll be posting week 8 pics!

Week 8

I estimate only 3 whole weeks left before Aurora is finished. Azlyn noticed today I let a branch get away from being tied down away from the center and received light burn. I gave her a nutrient change Thursday so I only needed to top the res off with pH'd nutrient water, also with supplements. I might go back down and turn lights back down to 75% power. The leaves in the center look yellow and seem to be the area where the "deficiency" leaves are located. The branches on the outside I have noticed are not affected. I let her go naturally because I wanted to see exactly what I could and could not do. Growing in a small tent means you MUST keep plants short. I'm hoping yields haven't suffered too much. The buds are smaller than what I expected, but still have a couple weeks or so to fatten up.

Cici received her final top. I was worried I would have trouble container her growth, but surprisingly she her growth staid at a steady pace. By the time Aurora is ready to come out of the tent for harvest, Cici will be ready for the flip and have the whole tent to herself.
          Last edited by Pankace; 11-13-2016, 09:26 PM. Reason: Azlyn yelled at me

Comment

Couple more..

Comment

Another update about the grow. We came home and I noticed the house smelled different. I eventually figured out that Aurora's scent is changing. She has a roasted coffee type smell. At least that's what it smells like to me. We had a total newbie moment and felt some stress about it. After my googling I felt like derp because obviously flowers smell different from plants. Since Aurora is a newer phenotype, there isn't much"what to expect" information out there about her. Oh, and we also decided that the purple on the stems of her leaves is part of her turning purple as opposed to an issue with nutrients. So... that's cool.

Comment

• Lotusyde
                Lotusyde commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't wait to see some pictures 😃

• Pankace
                Pankace commented
                Editing a comment
                Aurora and her tiny sister are the previous pics I posted.

Looking great...glad to hear all is well

Comment

Oh my, look at the purple buds. She's beautiful despite your woes. Getting close, can't wait!

Comment

Those buds look spectacular with that color

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures to show how purple her stems are.

Comment

Week 9

Home stretch. Aurora is sticky sweet. We are ready to see what she can do in her final weeks. I've been topping her reservoir off as opposed to the doing a complete res change. At this point trying to wrestle her out of the tent for the change is doing more harm than good. Momma Azlyn is getting impatient, but I hope no more than 2 weeks before she's done. Some of her trichomes are getting milky but most are clear. We plan to flush as soon as we see amber trichs.

Cici is getting bushy again. She will be ready for the switch. One of her 8 tops appears to be stunted compared to the others. It's on the same side I had the LST boo-boo, so it's not a big surprise. All 4 tops on this side are smaller than the other side. I'll get better at this manifold thing in time.

Comment

• Charlie
                        Charlie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice buds dude

Great update. Plants are looking nice and healthy
                      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                      600W HPS
                      Coco
                      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Niiice......

Comment

Oh yeah, very nice look looking , it won't be too much longer . It's hard to wait the last couple of weeks!
                          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X