partial harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partial harvest

what are your thoughts on just harvesting the taller or top colas that have the amber trichomes you are after, say 40%-60%. the shorter or lower colas do not have enough of the amber trichomes to be of any beneficial use. need the high ratio of CBD. at this point the plant is close to maturity so any stress may not curb the results. just wish to hear opinions and thoughts.

I'm all over it . I am only a newbie though but I don't believe a plants is ready to harvest completely as each flower is at a different maturity it seems.And I know I wont be able to wait much longer. I'm sampling
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Tricomes degradation turns THC into CBN. The CBD amount depends on the strain

Comment

Milest13, On my first grow, I harvested some colas before others; of course, the buds I harvested earlier weren't as flushed as the later buds...
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Staged harvest is a technique which does not stress the plant, in fact it often allows the grow light to be moved closer for the remaining buds to ripen.

I generally use it when I have a couple of tall/large cola's and the rest of the plant would have a more uniform canopy. (think- how a tomato plant has some ready and some green)

The longest harvest I had lasted over 2 weeks, but the yield was increased substantially.

If I have an even canopy- I just harvest all at once.

Are you looking at the trichomes on leaves or buds? (the buds are usually more uniform as the leaves seem to turn amber early in relation to light exposure)
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Thanks for this question ! I want know the anser!
            Last edited by oliver; 03-05-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I've done it before, I don't think it messed anything up! Go for it!
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Haha, my friend and I were just talking about this last night. A staggered harvest in order to have both the more energetic and the couch lock options available. I'm interested in seeing how it works out for anyone that tries it, but I'm still a long way from worrying about that. 12/12 most likely tomorrow.

Comment

I haven't done selective harvesting only because I dry in the same grow area but it makes total sense to me. If I had a different drying area I would definitely try it!
                  DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                  315 LEC
                  6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                  6" Carbon filter
                  3- 6" fans
                  humidifier
                  temp and humidity gauge
                  5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                  FF trio nutrients

Comment

SOP-do it on every grow for the reasons posted above. By taking out colas as they mature it allows the remaining sites on the plant to mature and I get a better yield/product.
                    WHAT???
                    5x5 grow space
                    900w of Vero's and F-strips
                    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Weed Pharma thanks for this info on staged harvesting...i had wondered about it before but never read anything that mentioned it...surprising to me given that it seems obviously good/better than not doing it if space and time considerations allow....
                      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Weed Pharma bobsakamoto gbautoalltatup Sonnyhad thanks to everyone for responding. will try harvesting the upper, taller colas to even the canopy and watch the trichome production on the shorter ones.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X