Been looking into topping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking into topping.

been reading about topping to get more than one main cola. can u let the plant grow as tall as you want then top so you get more branches for new colas? im in second week of veg with some big plants so im wondering if its do able if i did it now would i get 1- cola for each branch coming up?

Look u can grow any way u want,if your looking to get more bud for your time and money toping is one way to do it!!! I will tell u one thing if u chose to top do early like now when there young. Luck to u
    Last edited by Potted; 03-02-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I believe that I have an article from GWE that will explain how it works and what your options are. After the article you will probably still have some questions and that's great.

Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Also great topping article (s) on the GWE web
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

I always top, early in veg... that gives plants more time to develop colas, IMO. And I have a short grow space! 😀
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Did i wait to long to start topping im 2 weeks into veg

Comment

• 4barrel
              4barrel commented
              Editing a comment
              here...
              click my profile check mine out.
              I stared pinching at 6"
              and pinching every branch at least once....
              there 5 ta 6 weeks old now

and as far as it being to late.
              I think it's just a mater of how long you plan on keeping them in veg...

Maybe to late for topping, but you can still LST. Just bend her over 90 degrees and keep her that way. Don't let the top be the tallest part of the plant.

Comment

would i super crop bend it with pinching it?

Comment

I would say not to go beyond what you are confident doing.
                completed 7 grows
                what I have learned so far:
                environment maters more than nutrients
                at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
                effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

so just leave em for now lol =) just don't wanna put all this money in and get a shit harvest

Comment

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If that is what you're comfortable with, then that is what you should do. Hope for some great smoke.

i did bend quite a few leaves down to give the new colas a ton more light hopefully that will help them take off also going to defoliate some in a bit

Comment

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't be afraid to bend the main cola over like I said 90 degree. Do it slowly right after you water her. Just don't force her.

would i top it at one or 2 its got alot of time to grow still two more weeks and im sure those colas would catch up besides the way bottom ones

Comment

I think im just going to top them! they look pretty good when i bent them over but i wanna top em high since i have a decent height grow space about 6feet to 6 1/2 feet

Comment

If those aren't autos then I would go ahead and cut them back down. Read the articles on topping and manifolding-these will have a HUGE impact on the quality and quantity of your harvest. Another benefit of topping back down is that you can use the cuttings to make into ready clones. I tend to wait until I get to the 5th set of leaves growing and clip it back to the 3rd set, repeat again on the two new stalks and you now have 4 nice stalks. You could go another round if you're patient but I tend to stick with 4 mains and train the remaining growth to maximize cola development.
                      WHAT???
                      5x5 grow space
                      900w of Vero's and F-strips
                      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Okay what would i cut these back two and why 3 why not grow out 10 or 12 and cut down one so u get 11 is it just 3 to save space? i mean i read the topping tutorials and just wondering why 6 to 3 why not 12 to 9 ? if i topped these how would i go about it bending them over seemed to get the branches to turn up and others to catch up

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X