No announcement yet.

Been looking into topping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goal when I top is to create a manageable amount of main stalks to get the plant to produce nice fat colas as opposed to many side branches with smaller buds. Because I grow inside keeping size manageable is important so I try to make the first y as close to the ground as possible-it also allows me to get the plants ready for flowering faster than if I spent the extra weeks letting them get taller. Waiting for a few new leaf nodes to develop also lets me 'design' the structure of the plant to best utilize my grow space.
    Also remember that the plants will grow quite a bit once you flip them so plan ahead...it can get pretty jungle like
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

One of the benefits of having multiple plants is that you could try something a little different with each. I am on my first grow but started with a dozen plants. I did LST with some, topped some and some I did both. I am starting to see results from all the different techniques. They all worked to some degree. Topping off slowed down the growth a bit but definitely more colas now near the canopy. Try a couple different techniques and see what works best for you.

Comment

Took almost 3 hours i started with cleaning my tent from top to bottom and took 30 minutes. Then started bending and shaping i got most of the branches besides the bottom 2 short ones up into the light i have made a Nice canopy i think i was able to lower my light since it was at almost 36 inches above them. I defiantly believe it was worth the time thoughts?

Comment

• Newf
          Newf commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job. You should certainly see better growth and more colas especially with being able to bring the light into better range.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X