Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Nutrient line do you guys run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of Nutrient line do you guys run?

Hey guys,

im pretty much brand new, have my first plant at 24 days old today. I have the GH flora series nutes right now, but after a little more research I’m sure there are better nutrient lines available.

i don’t care if its an organic or synthetic line, i just want something backed by science and good quality ingredients!

anyone have any recommendations?

The one you are using comes highly recommended.

You will find that you will get better at reading your plants and how to feed them inc what pH to feed at as you become a better grower. Stick to one lot and learn them is the best advice I can give.

Don't mix different nutes from different manufacturers unless you know they are compatible.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      This ^^^^^

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
    The one you are using comes highly recommended.

You will find that you will get better at reading your plants and how to feed them inc what pH to feed at as you become a better grower. Stick to one lot and learn them is the best advice I can give.

Don't mix different nutes from different manufacturers unless you know they are compatible.
    Thanks man. How are your girls now? After your post the other day. You ever figure out what was going on?

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      They are doing well thanks. No issues apart from a bit of die back as a result of supercropping but you have to expect some of that.

I use GH but their FloraNova series. Basically the same as the 3 part but mixed in one bottle. Easy Peasy.

Comment

The GH Trio is top of the line and works great. I use it along with Cal-Mag at half strength every watering. Great growth, no nutrient burn. I have looked at, but not used, other nutrient systems and unless you are an organic stickler, I don't think there is anything better.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I remember reading an article on this site about commercial growers. When asked which nute line they prefer the answer was whatever is cheapest and has the basic stuff. According to them nutes don't really matter as much as environment.

Comment

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much mirrors my experience when I worked at licensed grow ops. The predominant brand that I saw almost exclusively was either GH or Dyna Gro.

GH trio, calmag and pH down is all that has been used in the garden.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I use CX Horticulture products. I have grown to like their line. It's easy to mix and I've learned how to adjust the strength of the nutrient solution to fit the plant's life cycle. If I remember right, Nebula recommends several different nutrient brands on the GWE site.
          Last edited by golfnrl; 06-11-2024, 08:41 PM.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
          Autopot system
          : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Is anyone here who makes his/her own nutrients using raw salts? I do so and it has the following composition:

veg and early flowering:
            161 mg/L N
            11.6 mg/L P
            134 mg/L K
            100 mg/L Ca
            24 mg/L Mg
            14 mg/L S
            21.9 mg/L Si
            2.2 mg/L Cl

mid to end of flowering:
            151 mg/L N
            29.1 mg/L P
            117 mg/L K
            100 mg/L Ca
            24 mg/L Mg
            14 mg/L S
            17.5 mg/L Si
            2.2 mg/L Cl

and
            700 ug/L Fe
            450 ug/L Mn
            260 ug/L Zn
            185 ug/L Cu
            400 ug/L B
            10 ug/L Mo

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              In my veg cupboards my light levels are lower than ideal, temps are low and RH is high so running low VPD also. No signs of deficiencies. I'm growing them slowly hence lower nutes

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes sense. Im glad it works for you. I'm happy with commercial products. I agree with the nutrient ratios. I also feed the same formula during veg and flower. Only difference is I add mono potassium phosphate in mid flowering up until harvest. I was just curious cause I try to make my own nutrients 5 years ago and nobody in this forum did that and I had no one to talk to about it. Thank you for sharing

• ZiroOne
              ZiroOne commented
              Editing a comment
              Optimal nutrient solution EC depends on VPD but almost independent from light level because VPD changes Water Use Efficency but DLI does not. So changing DLI needs no EC adjustment.
              Potassium dihydrogen phosphate is nice although i don't use it anymore. One can tell i use potassium silicate plus phosphoric acid instead of potassium dihydrogen phosphate. I can change NPK ratios independently.
              Last edited by ZiroOne; 06-30-2024, 10:19 AM.

Fake? Your head needs rinsing with hydrochloric acid bro.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20240629_235329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	625923

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240630_003057.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	625925
            I​ have many more chemicals, much more, but i think these are enough. Please keep in mind thet I'm not English native speaker.

Mother plants are in deep sleep but i need light for clones. That's why they are not in the tent now.
            Last edited by ZiroOne; 06-29-2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240630_060346.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	627.0 KB
ID:	625963 concentrations are in molar unit.

Comment

I have used several, I like all the GH stuff including their dry, I dont care for the AN stuff mostly because their feed charts will burn the hell out of your plants at full strength. I have used Megacrop with less than good results but I liked their dry connoisseur​ before they discontinued it. Now I use Jacks 321 with an mix of supplements and amino acids. I have been a hydro grower since I started growing inside, I think the need is a little different than soil grows

Last edited by Allenpro; 06-30-2024, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X