Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying my first outdoor grow in the Great White North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying my first outdoor grow in the Great White North.

This week I'm planning to grow outdoor instead of indoor. With the so called climate change in the Ottawa area the weather is getting warmer for this summer. Well is what the "experts" are predicting. Anyway, I'll try my chance by growing some GSC fast flowering strains beside the wife Roma's tomato plants.I figure 6 girls is a good start and hoping some will survived the growing period. Sooooo for my outdoor grower friends any advices for the old Buck ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Think you Will be fine growing fast flowering strains. They are basically long veg autos. They cross an auto with a photo and the first generation will be all "fast flowering" They will flower by mid july in the mid Atlantic states. Not sure what zone Ottawa is. I'm in 7b.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Climate change will typically result in more crop losses as a result of more extreme weather, ie., higher highs, lower lows, stronger wind, no wind, wetter wets, drier dries, bigger storms.

Don't expect just a higher average temp. Expect extremes and disasters and a huge impact moving forwards on food security.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Hey good luck with that. 👍 Fast flowing is definitely a good choice for your location. If that's too long, maybe 56 day auto flowers would be the way to go.
      Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

🪴 Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
      🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
      🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
      🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
      🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
      🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
      🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
      🪴 3x MAC1 x BD *photo
      🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)
      (The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
      🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Enoki 3x, Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 2x, Hen of the woods 1x, Panellus Stipticus(bioluminescent) 1x,

Comment

We had a frost here last night! Be careful out there
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey GreenState. Wow! Didn't hear about that. We got cold but man!

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          It got down to 12 degrees here....needless to say, the auto didn't like it.

Bowhunterwoody I haven't put my down comforter away yet!
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea we're still using flannel sheets.

It might sound crazy but I'm trying a little experiment by putting some limes around the girls to discourage our friendly squirrels to come and dig some holes around the garden. But then I'm a crazy French-Canadian old fart who is crazy in the first place. Click image for larger version

Name:	caacce70-45f8-4393-abb6-6687d289d636.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	623737
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Crazy is just an awesome kind of fun

Been eating fried squirrel since me pop showed me how to skin them out proper. Don't cook to long, be tough as shoe leather.

Comment

I've had serious issues with all types of wildlife and critters trying to keep them away.

I tried heaps of natural do no harm feel good about yourself remedies and none worked for me except for bigger and better fencing and firepower.

Where I am now I need something big and expensive as I have everything from veracious rats that eat all and any fruits and veg to large deer that destroy chicken wire fence type setups to birds that can get through standard size chicken wire and just eat everything plus a whole lot of other things with big teeth that burrow and chew through 4" tree roots for fun.
          Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Forget the lime. You know what'll happen next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1f9cf49cf9b2deeadb7afc37ebbdcef7.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	623832
            WWED?

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Tweeked out Cerberus.
            The SPCA frowns on the blowing up of their animals. You do not want to piss off the SPCA. The SPCA would be happy if you adopted one of their Cerberuses.
            WWED?

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah bien oui, la mythologie grecque ! Hope I never see a Sciurus carolinensis Cerberuses wandering around my backward.

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Holy crap! I will never be able to think of a three headed dog without thinking of the grey squirrel again. I will also never be able to think of a grey squirrel without thinking of a three headed dog!
              Mind... blown...

Yes fast flowering is key. People may remember how my summer grow ended last year.
            I’m in the Muskoka region so not too different from Ottawa, these were not fast flowering (although they claimed 8-9 weeks, they were not).

I’m done trying to grow outside in the forest. My roof shingles can’t take the traffic, nor I the effort.
            This year I will send there babies to my buddy’s place where there is more sun and he can try out his green thumb.
            I got these from a local medical grower so hopefully the strains have appropriate flowering periods. He grow something like 200 plant out side so I think he probably knows what to pick 🤞
            KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
            Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
            Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
            Maybe some compost teas
            Blumat watering system
            Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
            3x4x6’ tent
            Photontek 465wpro
            6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
            Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there, I guess both of us are at 49th parallel north or I could be wrong. My first attempt at outdoor (I'm an indoor grower) so this will be a learning curve for me. So will see how it will goes and how many mistakes I'll make. They are Fast version strains from Blimburn so will see.

Hi. I spent a couple of years in Petawawa, somewhat north from you. Both seasons had a nice outdoor grow. I grew faster indicas both years, including GSC and White Rhino. 1st year I made it beautifully. thinking it was eay with so much sun. Better than back here in Nova Scotia. 2nd summer i lost almost all to bud-rot. Based on my experience, 50-50..Good luck. If i could make one suggestion, last summer i tried not thinning out the girls so that there wouldnt be open wounds to get fungus. Worked absolutely horribly as I lost most of harvest. This year back to thinning out so wind can get through. Except for the frustration, if you keep the cost low, it's like low rik gambling. Good luck.
            A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Autos sound like a wise choice. I haven’t had luck with photos outdoors. They get huge but it’s too humid in my area so you get to watch the baseball bat sized colas rot away on the plant before harvest 😭

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                That's been like that here these past 4 seasons but it will revert back to too hot and too dry soon.

I’m about 20K north of Lake Ontario/Cobourg, and I’ve had 6 plants outside for about 2 weeks now. Regular photos. Apple Fritters, Gorilla Glue4, and Kush n Cookies. So far they’re great. If you’re concerned about frost, cover your plants with row cover material at night. It’s light, it’s cheap, and it will buy you the equivalent of about 3 or 4 degrees. Good luck.i
              Last edited by RustyBud; 06-04-2024, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X