No announcement yet.

The Big Great Summer Auto Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the first flowers on Day 20. The Cherry Pie has 2 sets of Vs and the Hot Cakes also has her first flowers.
    While the Cherry Pie is tall and has lots of internodal spacing compared to the Hot Cakes which is short and stout. The hot cakes has lots of string side branching. She's short because the soil was wetter. Her sister isn't drinking as much. Now that she's on day 9, she's going to speed up. That's the only thing holding back the size not I have a feeling that she's going to be a stretcher. She's looking like the sweet zombie was looking. Tiny and then huge!
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

Smooth sailing so far. Even the Acapulco Gold is doing better. We've had some better weather. A little more moisture in the air as well. VPD has been in a more tolerable range. She's a mini plant but man does she smell great. She looks healthy. Just wish she could get more sun.

The Sweet Zombie is only 10 days older than her and she's huge. Also planted with a basket cup but stress got better conditions. She's blooming nicely. I gave her some castings and the NLS Flower Power top dress. The rest of the time is just water with 1ml TPS Cal mag and I probably don't need it but it's there just to be safe.... Because the substrate is Coco coir not peat.

I'm loving the leaf structure on the Pound Town. The leaves look like a saw blade. She's really wide and bulky while her sister the Cherry Pie is very tall with lots of internodal spacing. Very different structure. Love seeing all the variety.

I'm the Going2fast side, the Hot Cakes has started throwing up flowers. She's side branching like crazy and she's going to start stretching really soon. It's day 23/24 and day 12 for the Bloody Runtz. She's got her first set of 3 pointed leaves and growing her first set of full leaves. In the next 7 days she'll be looking like the Hot Cakes is looking right now.

My giant 60lb tub of mushroom spawn is doing great. Everything has colonized and it's spreading rapidly. I got my mushroom bags FINALLY (but hey thanks for that free North Face back pack.... That shit SOLID!). I'm going to be mixing and sterilizing substrate for a week. The garden outside is finally starting to come alive too. Been busy as always.

I took the time to organize the drop box so it's easier on the eyes and easier to find stuff. I also added some B reel style clips. Just trying to have fun with the recording process and editing. This week's videos are up. Enjoy and Happy Growing 🪴

​​​​
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I see where I get my love for growing..... That's only half of them. There's just as many in the kitchen and she's got like 15 babies that are just a tiny leaf at the moment. She's crazy for orchids. I bought her this yellow one with a purple face for her birthday and she loved it so much.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          The thumb-up ain't for you. It's for your wife. Orchids are super neat-o. I tried one of my first grows in clear pots because of watching orchid roots.
          Yeah. Thumb-up for your wife. You can tell her I said that.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Lololol Gingerbeard that's my mom's house. Orchids have the most variety of any plant species; if I'm correct. I will let my mother know you approve, next time I go there. 👍

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Even better! Mom's are way cooler than wives.

Underfeeding again....smh. I think I'm just going to start doing 2tbsp per gallon and I will top dress on day 35... NO MATTER WHAT. Like 2 weeks ago I was looking at the sweet zombie and I'm thinking.... She's looking good and she's got like 30 days left .. Maybe I shouldn't top dress.....I should have. I gave her a little top dress 2 days ago. She should speed up with the growth again.

The pound town is killing it! The cherry pie is right there behind her. Super awesome growth. They're on day 28, so next weekend, I'll be top dressing.. No matter what

The Going2fast side is doing fantastically! The hot cakes is blooming and starting a stretch. He's sister the bloody Runtz is catching up. She's on day 17. She's starting to stretch and put on more foliage. If the first seed has worked out, they would look similar to the pound town and cherry pie. The soil was wetter overall and the roots didn't stretch as far but we'll see her final form after the stretch.

The Acapulco Gold is having a rough time. Next week it's going to be 100 and humidity is 20-30% the VPD is going to be nuts out there. The buds are small.. Very potent smelling but small.

The mushroom project is starting to bear fruit.... It's going to be crazy here soon. I have to start making substrate this week. The tidals are starting to fruit. First time doing a proper casing layer and it's looking really promising 🙏

The garden is bearing fruit. Raspberries and black currents are delicious. Got stung up by the over grown stinging nettle. I thought there was more raspberry behind the first set of leaves...boy was I wrong. Tomatoes are slow too grow...VPD is crazy. The underground stuff is doing better than above ground veg.

Hope everyone's grow is just as productive and fun. Happy growing 🪴🌳
        ​​
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Day 58 for the Sweet Zombie
          Day 48 for the Acapulco Gold,
          Day 30 for most of the pound town, Cherry pie and Hot Cakes
          Day 19 for the Bloody Runtz

Did some serious BDSM....errr LST on the autos today. Pulled lower flower sites that would just become larf if I didn't. Got everything as spread out as I can in anticipation for the stretch. I'll only have to do some minor adjustments as they stretch but the worst part is done and just in time before the branches got too thick and hard. Once they thicken up on this position, they'll retain it through the rest of the grow.

I gave the sweet zombie a top dress of my fertilizer mix (my version of BoS Craft Blend kinda fertilizer) and 2 cups of fresh castings; worms, eggs and all. I had given her a few tablespoons a few days ago, but since there's 7 gallons of medium, I figured give her 7tbsp total.

The earth boxes are on day 30 /19 That means in 5 days, I'll be top dressing them as well. I'm not going to wait around. I'm going to make sure they have everything at every point. When I look down the reservoir tube, I see a bunch of white roots in both boxes. The plants are doing fantastic and I want to see what they really can do with all the nutrition they need.

It's about to get really crowded in those tents. I think I'll be increasing my recipe from 1Tbsp per gallon to 2Tbsps per gallon. The plants grow so big and the 1 Tbsp just isn't keeping up even in 10 gallon of medium. It's good to know. The fall grow will have CO2 again just like winter grows. I want to get some monsters this season.

I'll be starting my m/f hunt of the Mac1 x Blue Dream mix in a few days. I have the soil there finally. I just need to fill the pots and let them start germinating! I'm planting only 4 seeds. Hopefully at least 2 of those are females. Or at least 1. Once these autos finish, I'll get to growing those.

Tomorrow I start with the mushroom substrate. The Enoki are ready to go. I have others fruiting. Others also getting close to being ready it's going to get so crazy 😅
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I've come a long way. I'm the jar, is the top cola of the first ever cannabis plant that I grew 4 years ago on my windowsill. The bud on the left is that giant top cola from the Mac 1 and the one of the right is a top cola from the pineapple Express. Amazing bud. I never had great weed like this before. Even when I smoke a joint, heads turn and you see ppl sniffing at me.
            It's all hill from here. I'm working on my own Craft nutrient blend. Easily just add a few table spoons to the medium and it's good to go! I have my first "cross" to mess with. Doing ever grander stuff. The buds will get better and the quality with it. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Also noticed the Bloody Runtz has thrown up some flowers on Day 20. She wants to join the blooming party. So awesome. This grow is shaping up to be a killer one. The only one not blooming is the pound town. She threw up like 2x V's and that was it. Nothing more. She is stretching she's probably going to be a late bloomer. I hope she's not a photo..... That suck
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I was thinking since today is the first day of summer, and the longest day of the year, that I plant my blue dream seed. Then I look at the Acapulco Gold and I'm wondering if I should. The VPD is at 3.6kPa. My whole garden looks like trash this year. The weather has been crap for plants. It's been great for humans, minus this heat wave this week. But last weekend was in the 60s at night. During the day almost 100. No living thing looks happy outdoors. Even my dad's plant is surviving not thriving.

Not sure if I should bother with the seed..... Though I probably will... For science. I already installed the brackets and got the window planter and mixed the soil. It would be dumb to not go forward with it. But damn man that VPD is crazy. I'm just going to get larf. I don't have any sativa photo period seeds either. That would be the best choice for this weather. Gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I also have my grow ready at my lovely friends house. I'm going to plant those MAC 1 x Blue Dream seeds on July 1st They should all pop by the 4th of July. 🎆🎇 Let the fireworks begin! That soil and pots should be plenty nutrition for the month. I'll make a cavity and put some virgin FFHF soil to plant the seed in. Didn't what it too hot for them.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I did it. I'll plant it later at sundown at exactly 8:31pm.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Woops. I went away for the weekend and I forgot to leave one of the blinds open so that the seedling wouldn't have to stretch all crazy..... Now I can't even put the dome back on
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I think I have some Version 1 Earth Boxes. They're different in shape but they're the same design as the other earth boxes. I just need a PVC the size of a paper towel roll to use as the fill. I'm gonna check at the shop tomorrow. Should be plenty scrap. I'll plant the seedling on July 1st. With the different shape, I should be able to fit 2 of the boxes in my 2x4 tent. I can do one plant per pot or 2 per pot. Potentially getting 4 plants in the 2x4 but I don't think they would all fit. 2 plants would end up HUGE with all that soil. I have time to figure it out

Sweet Zombie Day 65. She's starting to fatten up and get frosty! I gave her a top dress. It wasn't in time to stop the leaves from turning but it's okay. She still keeps getting thicker. She's about 35 days into flower. Another 30 days and she's should be ready to chop.

The Pound Town.... Day 37 Wow she got huge. So much stretching, so much branching. I pulled some leaves and did some LST. It's going to be crazy in there. All the plants are getting 40 DLI, so everyone is happy in that tent and it shows. I finally got my bat guano so I gave both Earth boxes a top dress.

Cherry pie, my oh my the Cherry Pie. Day 37 I knew she was going to be a beast and sure enough. She's so stretchy. Lots of nodes, lots of flowers, huge structure. She got a top dress too. Now just water until harvest.

The 2x3 tent is where I'm having some trouble sadly.
                    The Hot Cakes is blooming nicely..... So far, not much of a stretch. She's flowering heavily but there's no side branching despite me trying to coax her into branching with LST.
                    Another fun surprise, pretty sure she has TMV. Bluey I came home and I saw the markings just like you have for the first time on the Hot Cakes. That's TMV for sure

The Bloody Runtz (Day 26) on the other hand.... IDK. Same problem ZERO side branching and IDK WTF is up with that flower... WHY is it black?? I never seen no black flower like that. So far no TMV looking making, but plenty other weird marking, leaf bendings and just..... NOT what she's supposed to be looking like this far into the grow. The first seed was a dud from the start. The second seed looked hopeful until she started blooming on day 19 for some reason.

I'm going to have to research TMV because I'm pretty sure I can't use the same scissors that I use on that plan and use it on a different plant. I'm pretty sure I have to avoid touching both plants ones that are infected and ones that aren't. But I may be wrong. Never had to read up on TMV very deeply. Every grow it's something, but getting close to cracking that code and just have smooth sailing.

I'm very pleased with what's going on in the 2x4 tent. That sweet zombie, when you bump into her, the whole tent smells like sweet berries for a sec it's amazing how terpy she is! The PT and CP are huge and blooming. I can see the mat of roots down through the fill tube. I can only imagine how it looks down there. Like a DWC pot.
                    ​​​​​​​I'm not pleased with the 2x3 tent. There's still some time for things to turn around.... All hope is not lost. It just doesn't look very promising. Probably going to be like the Acapulco Gold at worst. Hopefully it'll do better.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bluey I'm also noticing in the sweet zombie (Coco) the pH might be high. I might need to give her 6.2pH because 6.5 is giving me the yellow and the beet red/people stems that I got Everytime I used Espoma soil. The pH would always be too high. I think I cause the lockout 2 watering in a row, in my notebook, I have 6.8ph water. That's when she started going south. Once I gave her 6.4 water, she got better and started to fatten up. In the Coco vs pear wars, with Coco I have to adjust the pH of the water because Coco is neutral, while with peat, I can pour 8.5 silica water and the 4.0ph of the peat with calcium buffer always gives me a good pH range. I think....I might empty that Coco soil and just put Coco/perlite and give the GH trio another shot. Whatcha think?

I put the close up separate from the others so they don't get lost in the mix. What do y'all think?
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Hell yeah!! That worked out PERFECTLY! The right size the right length. I love when a plan comes together.

I'll have to see if I can find it correct size mulch cover for this box If not I'm just going to cover crop it.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Sorry I've been quiet. Just been super busy these past 2 weeks. I'm in overdrive trying to finish this Talharpa. I might have a buyer so that's been my priority. I could use that $1000. It would buy me more materials to build more instruments as well as other grow stuff.

The sweet zombie is so stinky omgl You walk into my apartment and the whole place just smells like berry funk. If you bump into the plant it's like a skunk trying to defend itself it just stinks up the whole room. I'm super impressed with it cuz she's getting fat She's super Frosty and smells absolutely amazing. Very surprised very happy!

The poundtown from Humboldt seed company. She's a beauty. The colors on the leaves the structure the side branching everything about this plant is just perfect. I'll definitely be buying more seeds from Humboldt Seed company in the future. 100%
                      That's not to overshadow the cherry pie because for a black and white label seed, This plant looks absolutely fantastic. I regret even training her because the lowest nodes ended up stretching so far up that they would literally be even with the top cola. Just amazing growth amazing structure Love everything about her. If she ends up tasting and smelling like cherries I'm going to be even happier. Absolutely love cherry.

The Hot Cakes .. Woah. Let's talk about flower density here. Hey it's a lot of big blooming flowers on here. Compared to the other two the Humboldt and the cherry pie she is way ahead in terms of flower structure. Nice big beautiful flowers I can't wait for them to start producing some smells.

The bloody runtz Is exactly that a runt. The purple spotting that looks almost black is really cool looking. I'll give it that that's pretty neat. I'm just disappointed with the structure. She's not side branching she's not really doing anything. So it's really become a "Battle of the Dwarfs". I'm going to see who's going to yield more. Is it going to be the Acapulco Gold growing out in the Sun with terrible VPD and only 4 hours of direct light or will the Bloody Runtz prevail and still do better then the Acapulco Gold? 🤔 Only time will tell. I can't join Battle of the breeders because I have my own breeding project in the works so I'm having my own fun with my runty plants. 🤣🤣. I always keep myself amused.

With all the other plants, I got some saplings I guess you could call them? It's a plant called mother of thousands from Madagascar. It apparently grows on Black magic... Since it needs like almost no fertilizer ever... I'm guessing it's some sort of nitrogen fixing succulent? It's just bizarre how it doesn't need fertilizer. And it drops all these little babies off of its leaves which almost all of them root almost 100% of the time... I've also taken some cuttings of a pink and a red Christmas cactus. And I took a cutting of my 6 foot tall African milk tree. There's no way I could possibly bring that giant cactus over to my house So the best thing to do is to take a cutting and just grow it all over again lolol.

My other planter has cover crop coming up already. I'm a few more days I'll plant that blue dream seedling in there. I got wheels and mulch covers for the City Picker Boxes. They're all ready for my pheno/breeding hunt.

Time lapse will be uploaded shortly for week 6
                      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Sorry to hear your bloody runtz was a runt. Taking notes on her. Hot cakes is a fave of mine for her size and density. Hope she works out for you.
                        keeping it green with the soil thing
                        love me some frosty autos
                        braap
                        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                          No3odiesShad0w commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bro I'm MAD AF.... And not for the reasons you think 🤣🤣. Tell me how she's so small but when I go into that room all I smell is her. It smells like dark chocolate and orange peels. I thought I was going crazy so I had other ppl go into the room and they all smell the chocolate. It hits you like a ton of bricks.... It so bizarre.... All that smell.... Where's it all coming from?? Why isn't there more??

Woah it's a whole forest up in here!! Woooowiieee. And all I can smell in this forest is the runt in the corner.... So confused. I guess big things come in small packages? So bizarre. That chocolate smell is almost overpowering like someone left chocolate in the sun with orange peels.

The hot cakes though.... REMEMBER all these plants are the same age.... The size of the flower on those hot cakes... Good Lord..... The pound town only JUST started to flower. The cherry pie started flowering first at 20days and the hot cakes is just absolutely killing it! They're the size ping pong balls for gods sake. Probably focusing all that energy into the flowers since there's not much stretch. While the other is just stinking up the room and just looking all weird.

​​​​ Cannabis is fun. So much variety. It's like heaven. Happy growings y'all
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X