The Big Great Summer Auto Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Great Summer Auto Grow

Now that the previous grow is chopped and put away, it's time to start another grow!!🎉🍾. This time I have a surprise appearance by someone we all know. We're back in the Earth Boxes for this grow. We're reusing the same exact soil that was in the earth boxes from the Mandarin/UG and White Widow CBD/GSC run. I've decided to run all autos for the summer. I don't want to have to worry about light leaks. It's hot, I don't want huge plants and lights running at max. Autos seemed like the obvious choice.

The Genetics Line Up.

Earth Box 1
    1x Hot Cakes by Going2fast
    The Hotz x Bessie Cake
    1x Bloody Runtz by Going2fast
    Bloody Sunset x Razzberry Runtz
    ​​​​​
    Earth Box 2
    1x Cherry Pie NASC B/W Label (Canna coin freebie)
    1x Pound Town by Humboldt Seed Co

All the seeds went into water a few min ago, tomorrow, that'll get planted directly in the Earth Box. I'll make a pit and put some FFHF soil in the middle and plant the seed in that. My soil might be too hot. It needs a bit of a buffer... Maybe...I haven't tested it yet.

It's a fun line up. Going2fast was generous enough to send me some seeds, so I'm going to grow them this run and do a time lapse video. It'll be similar to what I just did but I'm going to have the camera in a better spot. I don't want it in my way because I missed the herms on my last grow. I wanna be able to get in there without having to move everything. Luckily the earth box is on wheels so it's a little easier.

The Soil 10gal per Earth Box

2 cups Basalt Rock, Rock phosphate, Glacial Rock Dust
    6 oz Charged Biochar
    5/8 cup Kelp, Neem, insect frass, Dolomite lime, Azomite, Langbeinite, Crab meal
    1.25 cup Alfalfa meal
    1 cup Gypsum, Ag Lime, Oyster shell flour
    10 tsp Humic Acid
    1/8 cup Bokashi
    1/2 cup Diatomaceous Earth
    1 gal Fresh worm castings from my Bin

Both Earth Boxes have the same amendments plus whatever was left over from the last grow. The soil should be plenty for autos but also gentle because I've had Worms working through it for 3 months. They multiplied..... Earth Box 2 had at least 3 visible worms per scoop when I was filling it... How many did I not see? Their going to aerate the soil and keep adding fresh poop and microbes, eating any fallen cover crop and so many more benefits.

I'm not going to be maintaining CO2 actively, only passively. I'm still a data nerd 🤓 after all! I'm also not going to actively chase VPD. I'm just going to make sure the room is within range without everything going crazy and running on high. The room will be between 70-74 F and humidity around 55% RH. They should be plenty comfortable. The Sweet Zombie didn't have any problems. VPD is around the 1.2kPa area. Nothing to worry about.

I have a hunch that they're going to grow Huge. No basket cup, no transplant, just seeds planted right in the soil inside of a steroid box. Last plants I grew in here were huge. With better understanding of the nutrients, these plants should be even better than the previous autos I grew.

Tomorrow I'll get everything cleaned and wiped down, dusted and adjusted. Happy growing friends! 🪴❤️

SB: I'm going to merge my Halloween in July and First Outdoor -ish Grow into this thread. No point in updating 3 threads. They're all autos, they're all growing in the summer, they're all going to be big!
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
    🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

The seeds are in the soil!!!

Those Earth Boxes are so alive there's literally Worms crawling along the walls. It's nice to see.

I made a big hole and filled it with fresh Fox Farm Happy Frog with a little extra perlite, Mycos and Azos (1 tsp per hole). Wet nicely, then, I planted the seed and put the little dome on top. I pre cut the holes on the top so I just stretched it back across the box and pop go the domes 👍. Smooth like butter.

I got my tags up. Everything is ready to go!! Whooo. I love the feeling when you start a new grow. The anxiousness, the excitement, the curiosity, the fear, the happy, the mystery. Who will sprout first? Will they all make it? I can replace the seeds from Going2fast but the other 2 seeds I only had 1 of each. If they don't pop, I'll have to go to my back up seeds. I usually don't have many issues with germination so I'm not too concerned. By the time I get back Sunday night from NYC ....I can bet money 💰, I'll have 4 seedlings. Waiting for me.

Speaking of NYC, I'm getting hooked up with 2 earth boxes. Now I'll have 4 in total. I'll be able to rotate between the 2 and then in the 2x4 I'll have enough space for a 7 gallon fabric pot. I may just be able to do 5 autos....I don't think I can do 5 photos....4 might be the max for them. Well see how it goes!

Been busy all day. It's still raining so I Cleaned the tents from top to bottom. This is why I put pre filters on my ducts. All that dust and dirt that would have been inside me inline or tossed back into the air. I put new filters on the ducts. Cleaned the LEDs and the oscillating fan mesh and blades. Everything everything was cleaned. I don't want there to be any pollen left over. No molds or dirt. I do proper.

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Exited to see what you can do with the earth boxes. Thank you for the interest. I'm sure you will like them. Fun fact I used Humboldt pound town in my pound cake auto cross. They have stellar genetics.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I really wish someone had some of those triploid seeds that they don't want. I would throw them some cash for them. I love anomalies and I doubt their going to have them on sale anytime soon after all the drama..... And I was debating it too about getting three seeds and I said nah it's too expensive. Now I'm kicking myself

• bdeegan
        bdeegan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve grown their Humboldt Dream and it has been a rockstar every time! I also want to try the blueberry muffins.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        bdeegan everyone wants to try the blueberry muffins and the blueberry pancakes after Home Grow TV did a run and a few other channels. They've been out of stock.

Whats up with them and the triploids? New news to me. Please indulge me.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        6 "notable" YouTubers got herms when growing triploids so they made a huge stink about it on YouTube and ppl started making videos to "inform" ppl about Humboldt seed co and their "shady" ways. It's so dumb. An EXPERIMENTAL plant has a few herms from the 6000+ seeds sold.

Most of the stuff Humboldt puts out is great! The triploids is new territory for cannabis growing (kinda) they even refunded ppls money and ppl are still making a stink about it. I'm sure that's going to hurt a company that has like 5 employees pretty badly. It's sad because there's definitely potential in the diploids and triploids.

We have BABIES!!!!

I went away for the weekend. I come back Sunday night and I have 4 happy and healthy seedlings!! I love seeing that! Tomorrow I'll move everyone to their respective tents and it's on!!! The cherry pie looks the youngest of the 4 so she came up last. The other 2 definitely came up earlier. They're already taller and have their leaves out.

The sweet zombie is stretching like crazy. She looks really happy and healthy. (No red stems). I sprayed her and the Acapulco Gold on Thursday with some GH CaliMagic + Fulvic acid. So they're both growing really well!

The trimmed bud has started it's curing process. I can't wait to try it. 4 more days!!
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

She could be bigger for Day 20 but she looks healthy. We didn't have any sun for almost a week and a half. On top of that it's been raining and I'm the 50's at night. High 60s-70s during the day. This week it finally warms up and it's going to be over 80. She needs to do some serious growing in the next 10 days. At least it's supposed to be sunny and warm. She doesn't need to give me a pound but it would be nice if I could get a half decent ounce at least...
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

My other problem SoOrbudgal is the sun. It's not even 10am and that's it's... That's ALL the direct light she's going to get..... What do you think.... Should I even bother with putting up a second planter? Is 4-5 hours of direct light enough for a cannabis plant? I wouldn't grow tomatoes in these conditions so I'm guessing it's probably gonna be airy stretchy lanky stuff. Maybe not. I am 3 stories above the ground...... It's not a lot but the UV, humidity, temp and wind is a little different this height. I noticed even the cover crop isn't growing very tall unlike the tent. Those I have to keep crushing and chopping. They grow like mad

This week is getting warm again so I brought the Martha tent back into my grow room. It will provide CO2 for the plants and oxygen for the mushrooms.

I gave the sweet zombie a very light defol. Just took off 4 fan leaves to expose lower sites on the plant. She looks lovely. Nice color, nice growth

All the babies are happy and healthy.

The Cannatrol has started the Cure Cycle 3 days and 11 hours until I can try the pineapple and MAC1 🙏

The blue dream was a Total Loss..... It all seeded. So I decided to pull all the seeds and soaked the flower in everclear and made RSO. I wasn't going to just throw it all away. Whatever was in there I extracted out.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so glad the Cannatrol makes the flower smokable after 8 days. After 2 weeks it's 🔥🔥. I little faster reward. I'll see what happens with the window planter one. Maybe she'll be all extract is she's larfy

4 to 5 hours direct sunlight has worked for me in the past when growing sativa photoperiods in a tight spot...eg. between a house and a tall fence in suburbia. I did 30 like this in 13gal pots 14 years ago.

Yields will always be better the more direct sun they get, the plant will be bigger too. Everything improves.
          Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a less than ideal situation but I'll see what happens Maybe it'll be worth it to make extracts.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I was getting 4 hours sunlight. It was worth it and it was for smoking. I did make kilos of pretty wicked butter just from the leaves on that harvest as well.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Bet! I'm still gonna experiment and see what happens!!!

Woo. I got 4lbs of absolutely perfect castings. I sifted out all the larger material and Worms. I'm sure some small ones fell through. I add a half cup of these around the base of the plant and it's like a week long steroid of crazy ass growth. I've been feeding that bin for 6 months now. I've already gotten 5lbs of castings from it, I got 4lbs today and there's easily another 8lbs of great castings. This Vermicomposting was one of the BEST things I could have done for Living Soil growing. They're really no comparison. Anything you can buy has been sitting around for weeks and months before you get it...... This is literally straight from the source. Alive with microbes, nematodes, protozoa predator mites, springtails, bacillus tricoderma and so much more. Let's not forget all the cocoons in the castings. You think you're just adding casings but you're also adding worm eggs to your soil. Later, they'll hatch and contribute to your gardening efforts.

Today I'm going to give them 2 trays full of fresh cardboard because on top I'm going to give them lots of watermelon and wet food scraps in the feeding tray. I want it to be a bit wet because I want the juices to drip down the cardboard and inoculate it with microbes to attract the worms there. I'll let gravity do the work for me. In 2-4 weeks, I'll have another tray to harvest. Finally going to have some excess castings.

I got a bit over 3g from the Blue Dream extract. It's better than completely nothing..

My African violets finally have little leaves popping up! Soon I'll replant them in a bigger container..

I got my honey delivery. I know a a few beekeepers so I get the real deal! I'm going to brew some Jun Kombucha which is green tea and honey instead of black tea and sugar. I sell 4-8 bottles of kombucha a week. I'll probably double my sales by introducing a second unique kombucha product. I'm still unemployed so I'll take all the money I can get from my kombucha and baking.

​​​​​​​The Cannatrol keeps impressing me. I filled that unit to the MAX and it had no problem getting in line and holding. The Tangie is some of the best bud I've grown (so far NOTHING has beat that UG....... I'm going to do an all UG grow around Christmas. I want pounds of that cultivar!!!!
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Awesome. I got one of the lights spliced and ready to roll. I put the driver in front of the inline fan so that it has constant air blowing on it to keep it cool and prolong the life of the driver.

The cameras are all set up in their new position. Last time they were in the way and that was probably one of the reasons why my blue dream hermed on me. I wasn't able to properly inspect it because moving everything out of the way it was too much of a pain in the ass. Then trying to get it back into the same exact position was annoying too. Floating from up top, it shouldn't be in my way so much.

Next I need to rewire the Viparspectra lights. Those will be more of a challenge because the cable is short.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

The Bloody Runtz is looking a bit rough compared to the other seedlings. The dome had to come off because they were all touching it. The others look happy and healthy. She's the only one looking a little meh.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                No3odiesShad0w commented
                Editing a comment
                What do you think Going2fast is she looking off or is she going to be the kind that can't wait to grow some roots so they can grow MASSIVE leaves? Or maybe this one's a dud?

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                What temps in the tent? Seedlings like it around 21⁰C. Those covers on your soil may be retaining heat in the soil, especially if the soil is not completely composted.

• No3odiesShad0w
                No3odiesShad0w commented
                Editing a comment
                The soil was composting for 4 months and it was just soil that I ran the Mandarin and UG in. The temps are around 24 max but that was when they had the done on. Now they're easily around 22. VPD 1.05. All the other seedlings are doing perfectly fine It's just this one.
                Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 05-23-2024, 08:43 AM.

The other seedlings are doing really well. They are about 5 days old and starting to develop the next set of leaves. Everything is all well with rest.
              The Sweet Zombie is on day 32. She's really picking up speed with flower development. Loving what I see with her.
              Even the Acapulco Gold started growing a little faster. It's been 80 everyday. She's picking up speed and vigor. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning when it's bright out.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Day 23.... She definitely got stunted probably that one night of cold....🤷‍♂️ She's trying but all we have is clouds and rain so there's only so much she can do. If I ever do decide to start growing outdoors for real for real I'm always going to make sure I have a backup tent inside the house because with how crazy the weather has been lately. I had to re sow so many plants this year. Just a bad start It's almost June and we're only now just starting to get a little warm. Normally buy the middle of April everybody's got their air conditioners on.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's pouring and the plant isn't getting a single drop there's not even a drop of water on any of the cover crop

Too alleviate your worries Bluey here's my soil temp. EXACTLY where I want it to be. 23-24°C. That's about 74F. The ideal temp for living soil. Microbes plants roots fungi everything like that temperature.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's also why that covering has a white side so if you use the Earth boxes outside you could flip the black side down and the white side up so the earth boxes don't trap too much heat. Since I'm growing in a grow tent it's beneficial to use the black side because it keeps the soil at a nice even warm temperature. Even during lights out

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh cool. Hopefully it picks up and behaves itself.

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One can hope. If not Going2fast generously gave me a few seeds. These were also untested so there's bound to be a weird one.

Dang... Even the Acapulco Gold has nice warm soil for the roots and microbes. I just need sun ☀️
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's another cloudy and rainy day here. Even my strawberries are rotting before they can get ripe 😢 just cloudy, cloudy, cloudy and cloudy. And then rain for a week.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X