No announcement yet.

The Big Great Summer Auto Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bloody Runtz is looking a little better today. I gave them some water this morning and she was praying later. Still looking a big rough but it looks like she wants it! We'll let her go for now.

The hot cakes is growing strong. No worries about her.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

I didn't set the Photone app to 16hrs of light and like a goober I was measuring for 12 hours. The sweet zombie was getting 1500ppfd 😱 65DLI or something crazy. That explains why she was showing a little heat stress but that's been resolved and she's happier. I really gotta double check stuff ..
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya gotta watch that. I used DLI for the autos and PPFD fir the photoperiods. I basically don't want them shutting down before the lights go out but also I'm in nute problem territory on one in flower now with 800PPFD on some bud sites...I don't think they'll burn until well over 1200 or even much more...dunno really. I've run 1350 on the top of buds before and got minor regrowth no burn....to high temps became a problem though

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I just checked a few days ago and I was fine..... It's that stretch that caught me off guard. She'll be okay. I'm more worried about the Acapulco Gold at 2.8vpd today is 30 with RH of 25% then it'll be at 85% by 6am

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        I did the same thing last grow. Not as drastic, had it on 18 hrs when I was giving them 20. Pushed the dli up in the 50 range for too long. They didn't like it.

Look at that. All the seeds have a little air bubble stuck to the top of the seed. They all sank besides the bad seeds. I'll blend them all when they start to pop and mix with castings to make an enzyme rich water for the seedlings. These next autos are going to be monsters!
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

The Bloody Runtz is looking poor. I might pull her and plant another seed she hasn't even started developing the next set of leaves. Her sister the Hot Cake is growing so fast, she fell over over under her own weight. I gently propped her up.

I need to decide ASAP what I'm gonna do. It's been a week, I don't want the plant to be too behind. Otherwise I'll have to pick something that's a quick finisher...... If I wait too long to decide.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sensei 🙏

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I had this problem trying to start this grow. Seeds that perhaps weren't put in deep enough reaching for the stars and impatience from me, and quite a few seeds that didn't pop and testing new methods of germination.

The three I have in the flower room now are probably about 6 or 7 weeks apart on their respective germination dates.

That seedling will likely get going once it can get some roots established and its doing its best to do so. It looks good.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I planted another seed next to her. I'll see which one decides to do something and I'll keep the stronger one. I wanna have at least one harvest where all the plants are successful. Hard to do when you're always experimenting but you also learn a lot.

Week 1 of the SAG

VPD 1.17kPa
        CO2 560ppm

Sweet Zombie
        800PPFD 40ish DLI @ 14hr
        Day 37 She is stretching and stretching and stretching some more. She's super healthy and super happy. She has SO MANY bud sites and that main stalk....whoo she's THICC 😍

Acapulco Gold
        Finally some ☀️ @5hrs a day
        Day 27 she's getting thicker and she's growing nicely now that it's warm. Started a little LST since it's day 27.... She should be starting to bloom and stretch. She looks really healthy but again... More cloudy days and thunderstorms. Then on the dry days the VPD is almost at 3.0kPa out there.

2x4 tent
        Pound Town / Cherry Pie
        Day 8
        400 PPFD
        Both of these seedlings are really coming along! They have their 3 pointed leaves grown and starting on their first set of full, true leaves. The pound town collapsed her weight so I propped her up with a stick.

2x3
        Hot Cakes / Bloody Runtz
        By Going2fast
        Day 8
        380 PPFD
        The hot cakes is growing really really nicely. The leaves are growing so fast the stalk can't keep up lol I wish I could say the same for the Bloody Runtz. She's growing but at half speed. I planted another Bloody Runtz seed right next to her. If it comes up looking nice without any weird coloring on the leaves, I'll just chop the current one and let the next one grow. If I have 2 separate light fixtures, it wouldn't be an issue because I can adjust the height individually but with the single board in the 2x3; I can't. I need those 2 plants to be in similar places of growth. Otherwise the younger plant will always have less light.

Last night I made Sprouted Seed Tea from all those blue dream seeds. I soaked them for 2 days, they all sprouted and then I blended it into a white milky looking substance. I added some castings from my bin and watered all the plants with that solution. Some plant steroids 🤣

Below will be the link for Week 1 of the time lapse.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

The Acapulco Gold has started to bloom. She's looking small for a 28 day plant, but here's a picture of the Sweet Zombie at day 27. She's about the same size as the Acapulco Gold. She's just starting her stretch now so we'll see what she looks like in 10 days. I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised. Who knows this window planter idea might be a way to sneak in four extra plants a year 🪴🎉
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I did a light defoliation on the Sweet Zombie. I normally don't like doing any HST(high stress training/technique) on autoflowers, but she is doing just fine. I pulled most of the top leaves and left the ones below to act like a solar panel. Most of the numerous bud sites should be unobstructed.

From the last tie, she has grown an extra 6 nodes in 10 days😱 and she's still going! Starting to see visible flowers on her. Day 38 of life

​​​​​ still waiting on that bloody Runtz to start doing something.
          I did plant another seed. If she's going to be healthy, she'll outgrow her sister.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I really wish I had planted that seed about a week and a half ago...... Now this one is two weeks behind with a board style LED it's going to be a pain in the ass getting proper PPFD for that seedling.....I might have to swap tents and put the pound town/cherry pie in the 2x3 stove they're growing evenly. I'll put the bloody Runtz/hot cakes into the 2x4 sauce I have 2x2 lights there I can adjust for the runt of the bunch. At least a ceiling looks super healthy and I bet you in the next 7 days she's going to outgrow the one that would have been 3 weeks old this Sunday and STILL NOTHING. Should have just went with my gut......🤷‍♂️ Oh well.
            We move on.

The Acapulco is starting to do the bloom for real and starting to stretch a little. Not as much as I expected but it could be due to the UV maybe. I got a second pot set up. This one is 7 gallons compared to the 4 gallons planter that the Acapulco is in. The 7 gallon is the size I was looking for so I'll have to swap out the planter after the Acapulco finishes.
            Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 05-30-2024, 12:45 PM.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I signed up for Real DGC. The app is glitchy but the Web portal works well. It's a social media like weed platform to say 🖕 to YouTube.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Oooo friends I've been busy 🐝 🐝. I'm making grain spawn bags and jars as quick as the pressure cooker can pump them out. I have liquid culture on deck!! They even threw a curve ball. WTF am I supposed to to with hen of the woods lolol I don't have any logs to inoculate lololol.
                The rest we have pink and blue oysters, basic white button mushrooms, some glow in the dark variety that hopefully if everything goes well should be fruiting in time for Halloween. Bioluminescent mushrooms that's freaking cool. But apparently they take like 3 to 4 months before they actually fruit 🫤 No instant gratification.

But look at the girls. OMG since I've been making so many mushroom bags I have plenty of rye water so I just watered all the plants with all of that starchy rye berry water and they just exploded!!!! Woah. It's like cocaine for them. Even that seedling is 3 days old. Freaking 3 days and she's JACKED!!! Good lord what did I do.

The sweet zombie she's killing it... From where I tied her down she stretched almost eight freaking nodes. Just unbelievable legs on her. And then on top of that the flower density..... I have good feelings about this girl... I have really good feelings about her.

The pound town and the cherry pie they're both duking it out. One day I think one is bigger than the other day the other one catches up and surpasses her. It's just punch for punch. They are so healthy so vigorous.. and this is only day 13. This is when the real fun is about to start

The Going2fast side is on fire too. The hot cakes..... She's a hottie 😍 for sure! The bloody Runtz is bloody jacked! I got a good feeling about that magical bean. It's a shame she's behind almost 14 days but I have a feeling.... In a few more days we won't even notice it 😉 .

Even the Acapulco Gold is doing something. She's not huge but she definitely looks super healthy and she smells super skunky. Like just the green leaves on her. She's very terpy without any flowers if that makes sense. You could smell the health on her. Just sucks that she's not bigger and doesn't seem like she's doing much of a stretch either.....or side branching. 🤷‍♂️

Hope everything is well for everybody else. Because man it feels good when everything's going right....🤞🙏
                ​​​​​​
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

You like how blue this room is?

Well it's on theme

This is going to be the temporary location for my M/F Hunt of my blue dream x MAC1 "cross". I'm just gonna own it. Maybe the universe is throwing me a unicorn and the sacrifice was my beloved blue dream 🤔

Some one I love very dearly had graciously allowed me to use this VERY sunny and blue room for my male/female check. I'm still not sure what method I'm going to do I'm probably just going to take the first cutting that I can rooted out and toss it into the closet for 12 hours of darkness..... Then I'll know without having to reveg and unnecessarily stress out the plants.

I have 6 seeds so far. It could be all females it could be all males who knows. I have room for 5 plants max and they can't be giants. We'll see what fortune has in store for me.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Finished inoculating my Great Big Summer Mushroom Grow 🤣. I kid you not, there's probably 60-80lbs of seed spawn in that tub. It all went into my closet in my grow room and it's going to sit there for the next week before I check it but at least 2 weeks before I start using any of it.

For medicine, I have more Treasure Coast and Tidal Wave.

For food, blue and pink oyster mushrooms, Hen of the Woods and Enoki mushrooms(regular button mushrooms)

For fun, Panellus stipticus, a bioluminescent mushroom.

Hopefully it'll be ready in time for Halloween. Apparently they take like 3-4 months to fruit. And they're not even edible lol lots of words just to see a glow in the dark mushroom.

I also have to do a casing layer this time. The white button mushrooms won't grow properly without the casing layer. The treasure Coast and Tidal Wave would grow better with a casing layer as well. I haven't messed around with casing letters so it's something I have to research a little. If anyone knows any good info about casing layers PLEASE LMK 🙏.
                  I'm probably just going to go simple and do 50/50 coco vermiculite mix with maybe a dash of gypsum. I was also thinking about jiffy starter mix and hydrated lime but I hear that that one is a lot more susceptible to contamination. If successful, will give you crazy yield results. All this craziness is going to start just in time for all my autos to bloom. So hopefully there will be a nice oxygen CO2 exchange in that lung room.
                  If it wasn't for all the vermiculite, I would totally put the spent substrate into the worm bins or compost so I could rework it back into my medium... The Coco coir is fine, the mycelium is fine The mold and bacteria is fine..... It's just a vermiculite will start adding up with every single grow and it doesn't break down, nothing grows on it, It's just going to hold too much water in the medium. It's a shame. I need to figure out if I could use a substitute to keep up the sustainability.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

I'm not too sure about the Acapulco Gold.

She's def stunted.... My guess is the temperature/VPD
                    She's blooming and she's very healthy looking. It's day 35.... She's got 4-5 nodes. She hasn't stretched, she hasn't started any side branching. I'm debating about trimming those flowers underneath. I figured she would side branch.... But no, nothing. I'll be lucky if I get 3.5g out of her.
                    With the VPD consistently above 2.0kPa, the environment SUCKS. She's only getting full sun for about 4.5 hours a day...... I'm still going to proceed and plant a Blue Dream photo period plant towards the end of July in the bigger planter box. We'll see how she does. Blue dream is supposed to be a performer outside and I ruined my last blue dream grow. This is the only way to squeeze her in without messing up my plans. Just a part 2 to the project to see if it's worth it doing next year or am I just going to grow some flowers.

Here's a data view over the past month. She's just growing in extremes. And coming up for the next week..... RAIN!!! Which means no sun, weird humidity ridden temps.... Mold central.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Another step closer to my M/F Hunt hunt of my blue dream x Mac 1 cross. I'll start a thread for that when I get to popping the seeds so it's not all lost in this auto grow thread. I'm going to use these 1 gal plastic pots which I'll run the cotton rope through and into the basin for that awesome bottom wicking action. I figure by the time I know whether these are male or female, they will be almost a month old. If they're good then I'm just transplant into fabric pots and away I go. I think I'm just going to take a cutting and root it out to see if it's male or female.
                      ​​​​​​I Figure taking a fully rooted plant and popping it into a bigger pot then flip to flower, they will get humongous. I'm getting that started maybe this weekend this way they can be ready towards the end of July.

I also took the hardwood sawdust(mostly oak, red oak and cherry wood) and soaked it a bit too get the decomposition started. It will be put into mushroom bags and sterilized in a pressure cooker anyways. I just want it to be easier for the Glow in the Dark mushrooms to colonize if wood is slightly decomposed. It makes the lignin softer for the mushroom hyphy to penetrate. I won't need it for another 2 weeks so it'll have plenty time to get all stinky and full of bugs and spores. Especially powdery mildew... Good Lord my parents are having the fight of their life with powdery mildew. It's taken over the whole gooseberry bush. The peach tree still has all the twisty weird growth leaves. I know NJ is called the Garden State.... But IDK about that holding true anymore. The pollution is just making everything suck. Then they're disturbing all the Meadows and all the pests are coming here. I'm looking for land upstate NY somewhere in the Adirondack mountains to GTFO of this NYC suburb.
                      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Even my dad's weed plant isn't looking too good. Looks like something is eating the leaves and she's looking a little yellow but that's probably due to the 90°(30c) temps with humidity at 30%. You'd think I was living in a desert.

We had 3 wetter days where the humidity was in the 50-60s. You can tell even the Acapulco Gold perked up a bit and stretched in a few places. The flowers got a little bigger too.
                        It's the humidity. It's either 80% or it's 30-40%. Every year the weather is just different and weird. I had to re sow half my yard....I planted a week too soon 🤷‍♂️ and then we just had rain and cloudy weather. Outdoor growing has been more of a challenge. I see my results indoors and I wonder if I should just replace my floors with soil and grow in the whole studio 🤣.
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X