Supercropping suggestions for a monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercropping suggestions for a monster

Well I can't put this outside but I can move it out of the light and supercrop the whole thing over 90⁰ degrees back into the light and tie and net it down.

Suggestions on what to use to supercrop one inch thick stems. My thumbs won't do the job.

I flipped it a few days ago and would like to get it over with before the stretch hits which will be any day now, so it stretches upwards along with the others.

I plan on cropping it at a line roughly at the top of the pot behind it in the photo but open to suggestions.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240513_062643.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	621942

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Thick, soft garrot. Maybe bonsai wire?
    Rolling between the fingers helps soften the stem.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used my thumbs before to soften the stem. Thus one is too tough. My thumbs will give way first.

cannabis is a very tolerant plant , you dont need any special tools - you can break the stem with your handsm if you are careful you can break the inside core whilst keeping the outside in tact.

Comment

Go for it, I think you will be real happy with the results.
      I am not a huge fan of this guy but kyle kushman has a chiropractic technique that works really well for strengthening stalks too

Introducing his famous “chiropractic” technique, award-winning cannabis cultivator and breeder Kyle Kushman demonstrates the proper way to pinch, prune and ...

Comment

I'll start on this tomorrow with dropping the other 2 to the floor, supercropping this then netting the lot ready to catch the stretch on the other 2 and hold down the mother with it.....should make for a good bit of amusement.

Pliers with rubber bands for starters 👍
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.

Comment

Here goes nothing

Oh, the elastic bands broke after the first few crimps...i needed the big red ones but was all out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_010528.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	622185 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_010713.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	622186 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_012620.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	622187 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_013022.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	622188

Comment

• Allenpro
            Allenpro commented
            Editing a comment
            You got it done, cool. Give it a day or 2 to recover and it will be great. If anything I would wrap some scotch tape around that bend. I dont know if it matters or not but it will give you a chuckle when you harvest. Oh yeah I remember that, lol

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I've used teflon around the big one...the work I had to do to that to get it to bend was extreme and I don't think it will recover but I've given it it's best chance I can...the outside of her uis stripped almost bare so ill be lucky if it gets through. The rest should be fine. I'll do the other few in a day or two once she starts to recover and cut out that that didn't make it.

• Allenpro
            Allenpro commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it will be fine but keep us posted

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X