Supercropping suggestions for a monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercropping suggestions for a monster

Well I can't put this outside but I can move it out of the light and supercrop the whole thing over 90⁰ degrees back into the light and tie and net it down.

Suggestions on what to use to supercrop one inch thick stems. My thumbs won't do the job.

I flipped it a few days ago and would like to get it over with before the stretch hits which will be any day now, so it stretches upwards along with the others.

I plan on cropping it at a line roughly at the top of the pot behind it in the photo but open to suggestions.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240513_062643.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	621942

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Thick, soft garrot. Maybe bonsai wire?
    Rolling between the fingers helps soften the stem.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used my thumbs before to soften the stem. Thus one is too tough. My thumbs will give way first.

Hey Bluey i've had this issue cause my arthrities in my hands. I've used a needle nose pliers and reg. pliers to gentley squeeze enough so to break the main tissue cores then you can manipulate the stalks. I've done this with my outdooor plants to fit into my 7ft high greenhouse. It's a terrible problem to have LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Shit man i've begun to develop those damn small grape size hard knots in the wrists it's just from hard working all our lives and playing hard too.

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there with ya on the R.A. I use pliers like SoOrbudgal suggested but I wrap em with rubber bands to soften the bite.

• Allenpro
      Allenpro commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a pair of plyers I wrapped the jaws with black tape to keep from chewing into the stalk, You can also slip plastic tubing over the jaws for the same effect. I think they sell something like that on Amazon.
      I super crop a lot to keep the canopy level and the 2 things I have found are, dont get in a hurry and make sure you have a big enough foot print so the bent branches are not covering other bud sites

cannabis is a very tolerant plant , you dont need any special tools - you can break the stem with your handsm if you are careful you can break the inside core whilst keeping the outside in tact.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey chaten some of us do need " tools " cause of health issues. We know what were doing here recommending options on what would help this grower. Why don't you post a pic or 2 of your experience with super cropping?

Go for it, I think you will be real happy with the results.
    I am not a huge fan of this guy but kyle kushman has a chiropractic technique that works really well for strengthening stalks too

Introducing his famous “chiropractic” technique, award-winning cannabis cultivator and breeder Kyle Kushman demonstrates the proper way to pinch, prune and ...

Comment

I'll start on this tomorrow with dropping the other 2 to the floor, supercropping this then netting the lot ready to catch the stretch on the other 2 and hold down the mother with it.....should make for a good bit of amusement.

Pliers with rubber bands for starters 👍
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.

Comment

Here goes nothing

Oh, the elastic bands broke after the first few crimps...i needed the big red ones but was all out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_010528.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	622185 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_010713.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	622186 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_012620.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	622187 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240516_013022.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	622188

Comment

• Allenpro
          Allenpro commented
          Editing a comment
          You got it done, cool. Give it a day or 2 to recover and it will be great. If anything I would wrap some scotch tape around that bend. I dont know if it matters or not but it will give you a chuckle when you harvest. Oh yeah I remember that, lol

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used teflon around the big one...the work I had to do to that to get it to bend was extreme and I don't think it will recover but I've given it it's best chance I can...the outside of her uis stripped almost bare so ill be lucky if it gets through. The rest should be fine. I'll do the other few in a day or two once she starts to recover and cut out that that didn't make it.

• Allenpro
          Allenpro commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it will be fine but keep us posted

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X