Wet v dry yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet v dry yield

So double banana kush had the chop today. Wet weight is 7oz some pics attached…I’ve read that we can expect a 70% loss compared to dry weight, some saying 20% loss, others 50 etc etc…what’s your thoughts please? Smell on this thing is incredible so far. My set up for this grow is…

2x2 tent
    ac infinity 200w led
    cloud line t4 exhaust
    bio bizz nutrient pack, grow, bloom, top max
    Bat guano top dressing
    de humidifier/humidifier
    pro 69 controller
    small 6inch fan

I don’t want to cock up at the drying stage here…can I keep the exhaust fan running to help the smell or will this dry too quickly?
    Attached Files

I won’t be leaving it on the cardboard and foil was just so I could get a pic

Comment

I don't really weight it wet but I think you gonna loose around 80% depending on the bud structure

Comment

Depends on too many factors, huge variance. Some cut the water before harvesting and let it dry somewhat first, some water with molasses to put on weight on the buds, so your moisture content in the buds is going to vary when you harvest.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I did cut the water out completely around 3 days before harvest, they didn’t feel too wet at all when harvested. Hopefully I won’t lose too much

Comment

I only use weight after the harvest has been jarred. I weigh each jar when I fill it, and then weigh it again a week or so later. If there is no/minimal change then I know I jarred at the right time. If there IS a change then it put the crop away too wet and need to check for mold.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I monitor the weight of my jars and have noticed even after I stop burping after maybe 4 weeks, I still get a drop in weight. I'm 9 months past jarring my last lot and about a 5 to 10% drop I'm noticing. RH in the jars has also dropped a fraction from 62 to around 58 to 60.

I use mason jars and they seal really well so not sure what causes that.

Wet weight X 0 + Dry weight will get you pretty close, lol

Comment

Allenpro This is all down to impatience yet again 😂

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't be disappointed in the dry weight it looses alot of moisture even when it's done right with drying. My opinion is 4oz at best when dried, just keeping it real no offence.

• Allenpro
                Allenpro commented
                Editing a comment
                Patience comes from full jars, lol.
                I see they post wet weight on Grow Diaries and I never understood why, that seems like trying to guess the how much the meat will weigh before an animal is dressed out.

None taken all answers are helpful, always are on this forum

Comment

To be honest, why I weighed it wet I don’t know, pointless really but will give me a good idea for future grows

Comment

• Allenpro
                  Allenpro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand, personally I drop seeds in water to germinate not because it works so well for me but because I get impatient wondering if a seed has popped out its tap root or not. lol. The main thing to be patient about is when to harvest and even after years of growing I still 2nd guess myself. I will say I have never heard anyone say, Oh shit I ruined my grow by letting it go to long. lol

• Rootsruler
                  Rootsruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've done that before. I remember standing there thinking "Ok, now I know what it weighs wet. Now what?" It's not pointless. Now you can have a general idea of what you can harvest dry when they are about to be cut down. Knowledge is always a plus! I didn't even weigh my last run.

• Allenpro
                  Allenpro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I rarely weigh weed anymore but I did weigh the last grow of Inhouse tester Slurricane #7 X Platinum Kush Breath #5. I revegged a cutting from the mother and grew out the 4 of the clones and grew them out They were the the stickiest and hardest buds I have ever grown but the smallest too, they were all about the size of a quarter but the weight was good. I am going to see if I cant improve the size with a cross but who knows if the other seeds will be the same.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X