Fertilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizers

I'm a out side grower. I've used a number of fertilizers. Does anybody have a favorite. Or what do you think works best. Just starting to bud up.

Nice setup you've got going. All the plants color looks spot on so I wouldn't think you need any nutrients at all. You've got a good cover of mulch and since they're all in the ground the enzymes and bacteria are taking care of releasing all those nutrients for you. If you want to add some flowering punch, try watering with a banana and molasses tea. Great grow.

Comment

• Stevo60
      Stevo60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Will keep doing what I'm doing will keep you posted on some pics 😁

Since starting growing outdoors, it was speculated that elephant dung was the best fertiliser for growing cannabis, so any time the circus was in town I'd be down there every day collecting it.

When that wasn't convenient, or a lack of elephants, I just relied on my soil and if the fade started early which it often would I'd suppliment with a feed of kelp extract, once a fortnight was all that was typically needed to once a week on occasion, but be careful, it's often high in N.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I can't tell if those are in pots or in the ground that would make a difference for me.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Your lack of elephants comment Bluey . Oh, my! Maybe it was the dab I just had but considering a lack of elephants cracks me the giggles almost to pretty coffee out the nose. F'ing epic.
        "Why aren't my plants growing?"
        "More elephants!!!"

But seriously. Isn't the best compost for a plant the plant itself? When plants go to fall or drop seeds and die, they are making their own compost. Find a landrace plot that has lived on itself forever. Those plants are exactly the way they are supposed to be. ​
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Well sort of but no.

To get a great mix of microbes for composting and adding to microbe depleted soils you need a mix of organics and the plant on its own can't give you that. Sure you can break them down a bit composting it on its own but to get good results you'd need to mix it with manure as a minimum. Add some blood and bone too for Cal and PK. And then add some more organics, leaf matter, chopped grass, etc..and add some ash from a fire too. Compost loves dead animals!

Although the plant takes up NPK plus heaps of micronutrients, it uses a lot of them to produce sugars it needs for energy to grow and also to produce sugars at the roots to take up the nutes. Some of these will not be present in the plant as they will be used up. Would be interesting to see what the NPK breakdown of a plant is. I bet it's not even close to what a growing plant needs, but I could be wrong.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've just done 5 minutes of research trying to find what chemicals make up the plant and got nowhere. Everything focuses on CBD and THC.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing the main constituents of the plant is cellulose which is a mix of carbon, oxygen & hydrogen....none of which is much use as a fertiliser.

I am not saying self-compost makes for the best plant. Only that without human intervention, plants only have their own detritus for composting. A plant that self-composts is 100% natural and correct. The cellulose and whatnot are the byproduct after all the goods have leached out. That includes whatever other detritus the plant has from other plants nearby. Adding nutrients makes it as good as it can be. Forests live on their own. Stupid jerk face people come in and say, 'C'mon. We can do better! Better Mother Nature through human intervention.' How about self-mulching lawn mowers? Grass loves to eat itself.
        Of course, forests and such take a little longer than the life cycle of a pot plant.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Forests are full of birds, bird shit is phosphorus, and insects, and worms and deer and on and on. Forests burn from time to time and leave behind heaps of potassium. Add carbon and nitrogen (80%) and oxygen in the air. Add the microbes in the soil.

An entire ecosystem exists in forests. Our gardens are not quite that good.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Same-same an old-growth pot patch. HA! No, I mean a pot patch gets the same treatment from bugs and such.

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          I try and sequester the soil I used from a particular cultivar to regrow that same cultivar I grew to take advantage of the microbes and fungus that were in the soil when the plant was thriving. I see using these soils as like inoculating the soil with microbes and fungi that they already had a symbiotic relationship with.

Thanks guys and girls. Will keep you posted. Not much elephant poo around here 😁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X