Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity

I’m curious to know if anyone has a solution to high humidity without buying a de-humidifier? Thanks!

If in flower, no, you need it to keep away mold.

The rest of the time adjust temps to het VPD within range.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Thanks Bluey!!

Comment

Growing up we had our water heater in a closet and my mother controlled humidity and mildew with an open bag of charcoal.

Comment

I have read that ash for the fireplace or wood stove will bring it down but I have not tried it yet. I think its best just to buy what you need or if you cant, then what cant be overcome must be endured

Comment

Move to the Desert......

Kidding....I can't think of any other way of removing humidity out of the air other than a dehumidifier.

If you do decide to purchase one buy one a size larger than what they say the humidifier for your space should be.

Comment

• Rootsruler
              Rootsruler commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I forgot about those other methods.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              That's cool. I forget shit all the time especially after a J or 2

• Allenpro
              Allenpro commented
              Editing a comment
              People in Phoenix rarely have an issue with high humidity, if you have high temps and high RH your in hell so give it up. LOL. I didnt know that about the carbon filters, i only thought they removed the smell. Interesting
              Last edited by Allenpro; 03-13-2024, 06:25 PM.

Depends on how big the space is but you could try DampRid crystals......but you probably need a big bag for a 2x2 tent and even then, it might not work. Like if you're in FL then don't even waste your money. If it's normally good and you just have a wet spell, it could help in a pinch.
            Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
            MAC1 (Blimburn)
            Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
            Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
            T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
            🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

• Allenpro
              Allenpro commented
              Editing a comment
              If there is a cheaper way I have probably tried it and from my experience its really more "frugal" to buy a dehumidifier. If RH is a real problem those bags are wasted effort & wasted $. Money would be better spent on a cheap fan to keep air moving but nothing compares to a solid environment

• No3odiesShad0w
              No3odiesShad0w commented
              Editing a comment
              honestly....if you want frugal.....get a dehumidifier. It may be a more expensive purchase but also a purchase that's worthwhile. I tried for 3 years almost to work around getting the proper equipment. It wasn't until i bit my tongue and finally went a got the dehumidifier that the quality of my flower doubled. Buying DampRId or any other temp humidity adjusting packs will cost you way more money in the long run that just buying a dehumidifier. I wish i could give you an answer for a more frugal alternative but i haven't found an effective one yet.

• Allenpro
              Allenpro commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree completely. Damp rid may be ok for a laundry room but its not enough for a grow tent and certainly not enough for a grow room

From the PrimaKlima site..

Activated Carbon Filter: Production and Function - primaklima – filtration, ventilation, metal forming

"Air with humidity below 55% can be filtered very well by activated carbon filters. With air humidity of 60% or above, the filter’s performance decreases and good filter performance cannot be guaranteed if air humidity exceeds 70%."

From a few other quick look ups on google it would seem that high humidity doesn't ruin the filter but will certainly decrease its effectiveness. Once the humidity drops below 60% it would seem that the air passing would dry out the wet charcoal reactivating it. A friend of mine use to have a business where he would recharge the big filters for big grow operations by boiling the entire filter in vinegar and water for a couple hours. He had a hot room where he would put all the boiled filters so that the charcoal could dry. I figure if you can boil charcoal for a couple hours and then let it dry there should be no issue with high humidity as long as you don't sustain if for any length of time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X