Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o0644
    commented on 's reply
    Can use 190 everclear instead of iso, but if you can get 99% ethanol even better. I did qwiso and didn't get tons of yield, similarly with dry ice although the result is way different. If you heat up/decarb the qwiso oil afterwards, no isopropyl should remain.

• Smallgrow
    commented on 's reply
    Riot screen box will make a small amount of dry sift easily for a low cost and low effort.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Either/or, I'd say. I went ice water.
    The point is cleaning up the otherwise 'low grade' hash for decent dabbing as well as having something real fine to light. Removing as much biomass and wax as I can.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    So the go would be either a bubble bag and ice and iced water or just a 220 micro sieve?

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Whatever luck you have, the more leaf you wash, the nastier the result. All you need to do is work it through a 220 screen.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    I've never done well sifting for some reason so try and avoid it. I have an electric grinder with an SS bowl and that bowl is covered in trichome waste and other plant material. It's light brown. Mostly trichomes I reckon.

I have so much trim now, and good quality trim, and ISO, so I may as well use it.

Might do a run of some premium bud too as I've now got a bit of that too and in a couple of months I'll have that much I may as well make some premium grade stuff with that, but I'm not going to the expense of a cold press.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Bluey, bro! Do what I did! Sift your frozen and soak the 120. My little green turd is, perhaps, curing. Tastes different every day.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    So, this whole ISO thing.
    The bottle says it contains two things: 91% isopropyl alcohol and 9% purified water.
    Checking out the MSDS for my brand says nothing about it is carcinogenic.
    As a general solvent for extraction, no. I would not choose ISO simply because it is not meant for food. I would much rather use a food grade. However, even food grade can have drawbacks. Where and what is the perfect alcohol to use and who do I have to kill to afford it?
    If I process 2 grams every very long time, I'm willing to risk it. Plus, I dab. I've already condemned myself to whatever heavy and extensive use of the stuff is going to do.
    I go rosin when I can but I'll still need to know who to kill to switch for good.

Leave a comment:

• Saeteinn
    commented on 's reply
    If you're trying for a tincture or quick wash, the "Golden Dragon" or GD method work, and is safe to consume.
    Use everclear or culinary ethanol, and at least a half oz.
    Decarb your weed at 235F for about 30min (give or take around 5min).
    Put the decarbed plant in a quart mason jar, and place it and the alcohol in the freezer overnight to 24h.
    I use about an ounce of flower to a 750ml bottle of everclear, so adjust your amounts properly and combine the two.
    Replace it in the freezer, and about every 5min, give it a solid shake and put it back in the freezer.
    Do this 6 times, then strrain.
    You now have a nice, strong tincture that you can use for RSO, sugar, etc., and it's easy to calculate the potency if yuo know your plant's data.

• Saeteinn
    commented on 's reply
    On the QWISO subject, I would not consume anything made with isopropyl. I doubt that here's a safe way to remove all of the iso from the end product leaving it unsafe to consume.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    I still have a gallon of the 100% ISO stuff in the freezer and nicely dried trichome encrusted trim from the four autos sitting on cardboard in the basement. Maybe 2oz, need to sort some decent coffee filters this week and will run it as QWISO.
    I'm loving smoking these autos. The sativas I've been smoking just don't have the effects on me they used to have, even after taking a four week break from smoking.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Word!!

• Bluey
    replied
    I don't see the problem using ISO. It serves a perfectly good purpose and if you work it correctly and using the good stuff 99.9+% purity you just can't tell how it was done by smoking it. The ISO is gone

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Experimenting with drugs.
    1.4ish grams of 220 hash dissolved in ISO, frozen, strained through a 20 micron screen, dried.
    The little green turd is the money. It don't dab particular smoothe but my esophagus don't object and I'm sure it's way smoother than the beginning 220. The taste is hashy and the smell in the banger is... neutral? Anyway, it isn't nasty.
    The little brown pile is the powdery strained out biomass.
    Now, don't y'all be goin' on hating me for using ISO. It was an experiment.
    Is it QWISO? Is it RSO?

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0603.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	624486 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0606.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	624488 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0605.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	624489 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0608.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	624487 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0607.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	624485

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Smallgrow in the handful of times I've made bubble hash, this is the first time the bags have come clean with just a wash. The screens are clean. The sides are clean.
    I am the first to admit I am no hash maven. I could probably tell the best from the worst in a bowl, but the 25 smoked as smoothe as the 73.
    Perhaps trichome size has something to do with quality? Return? High?
    'cause seriously, I cannot tell a difference visually or otherwise between my 25 and 73 micron hash. Except the 25 has gone a little bit darker.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X