Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you clean the screen in your TrimBin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you clean the screen in your TrimBin?

I like this thing 'cept the static the plastic holds. One of the batches I have ran left the screen with stains, I do luv that product whether I burn it or decarb it and eat it
    For those that have one of these, how often to you clean the screen with something like alcohol.

The one I've been using for the past 3 years has a 150 micron screen and I typically clean it after any heavy use. I start my cleaning by submerging it in very hot soapy water and use a soft scrub brush. Then I soak it briefly in acetone and scrub it again. I use acetone and not alcohol because I have a friend who owns a nail polish manufacturing company and she gives me gallons of it for free. After 3 years my screen has begun to sag a bit so I will likely replace it soon. Probably the best $50 investment I've made. I know what you mean about static so I now line my basin with parchment paper. Crease the paper before you put it in and it creates a perfect way to pour the kief into a container.

Comment

I use parchment paper, I'll try that crease to get easier recovery. I get rubbing alcohol (peroxide, epsom salt, band aids etc.) on my OTC card at no out of pocket cost so free to me.
      Do you remove the screen to clean it? I know it comes out to be replaced, 150 micron as well.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never removed my screen. I don't know if it comes out. The one I got comes with 2 pairs of scissors and they work pretty well for trim.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        They sell replacements so I assume they come out, though I have not tried to remove it, maybe its the whole tray.

I don't use a trim bin.

I can't even get the tiniest amount from the bottom of my hand herb grinder.

When it comes to collecting the fallen off trikes I've tried but I just don't even get a match head worth from my grinder after a years use. I tossed 2 garbage bags of trim last harvest..I know, such a waste...
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have one of those grinders, also never get a damn thing from it, maybe the screen they put in is to fine.

But the bottom of my electric grinder is caked in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240202_223028.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	613259

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol and submerged my hash bags in it after two uses. Cleans them right up. I would guess you could wipe them with a soaked sponge or rag.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Since c19 I have not seen the 91% on the market local, which is what I usually buy.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got 1gal of the good stuff here, 99.9%

Think I'll use it on the trim for a bit of quick wash

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X